Data Center Automation
Scope: study to understand the strategies of telecom operators’ for data centre automation. It will cover on topics like drivers and challenges, adoption levels, use cases, products and benefits associated with the same.
Target enterprises: at&t, rogers communication, telus, t mobile, kddi, ntt, reliance industries, telstra, british telecom, deutsche telecom, etisalat, orange, saudi telecom, telefonica, vodafone
type of interviews: telephonic discussions (~60 minutes)
timeline: before 8th december 2021
number of experts: 2 (not more than 1 per company)
expert job title(s): senior executives holding positions such as chief/director/vp/head and who are in charge of either strategy, it or network/telco cloud.
E.G., • it-related areas: cio office, it, data centre operations, strategy, architect, engineering
• network-related areas: cto office, network, strategy, architect, engineering
screening questions (must qualify below mentioned criteria):
s1. How many traditional data centers does your organization maintain and operate today? [select one]
o more than 100
o 0 [terminate]
s2 . Which of the following best describes your responsibility for implementing or influencing data center strategy & transformation? [select one]
o i am responsible for data center strategy & transformation for the whole company
o i am responsible for data center strategy & transformation within my division and department. There are other initiatives elsewhere within the organization.
O i am responsible for data center strategy & transformation within my division and department. There are no other initiatives elsewhere within the organization.
O i have influence over the evaluation and/or implementation of data center strategy and technology platform requirements.
O i have no influence over the evaluation and/or implementation of a data center strategy & transformation. [terminate]+8 Other Responses
Modular Data Center
i am doing research on modular data center in europe. Would like to know the following details:
1. Top/specialized players in modular data center (other than cisco, dell, hp, ibm)
2. Sourcing best practices in europe for modular data center.
Would like to have the information by thursday (21st may 2015, ist time)
thanks.+11 Other Responses
International Data Center Market
We are a consulting firm that is researching the international data center market and would like to know about the following:
- we want to understand the trends occurring in large wholesale data center colocation services globally
- we have particular interest in eu, mea, apac
- of specific interest are data center deployments by large cloud services providers (microsoft, amazon web services, etc) and other large internet enterprises (facebook, etc.)
- targeting ~ half a dozen interviews, dependent on quality and applicability of the experts
- experts at data center companies with knowledge of international wholesale colocation deployments by cloud service providers
- experts at cloud services providers (microsoft, amazon web services, etc.) with specific knowledge of international data center deployments (potentially network or engineering)
- experts at large internet companies (facebook, apple, etc) with specific knowledge of international data center deployments (potentially network or engineering)
1. How specifically have you been involved in the data center wholesale colocation space? What was your job description/role in choosing vendors (if on buying side) or within your organization (if on data center provider side)?
2. Are you able to speak to the data center deployments that major cloud service providers and large internet enterprises have around the world – including approximate space/power, regions of coverage, preferences, etc.
3. Do you have specific knowledge of wholesale solo deployments in the eu, mea, and apac regions?
Thank you in advance.+10 Other Responses
Power Supply For Data Centres
We are looking to speak with multiple decision-makers for growth improvements or innovations for power supply for data centres, and exploring the various strategies that those designing and operating such installations are adopting.
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated
this is for 30-min paid phone or web interviews.
Kindly respond to the questions below in relevance to your experience in this space.
what is your role in relation to strategy for power supply for your data centre/s?
A) i have overall responsibility and play a key role in setting strategy for my organisation
b) i play a key role in influencing strategy relating to power supply for our data centre/s
c) i primarily am responsible for day to day management and maintenance of facilities such as power supply in the data centre for our organisation
d) i design and advise on implementation of data centres+9 Other Responses