Need a consultant for a 3-month engagement to provide alexandria, va-based client to analyze & document the technical architecture, configuration, and design of client's sap r/3 as well as recommending replacement solutions. The sap system is used by staff from central & regional offices & is maintained by the office of the chief information officer (ocio).
• collect & review current technical documents that describe the sap r/3 design including configuration, hardware, software, versions, application modules, database, components, and external interfaces.
• obtain an inventory of users, organizations, their roles, responsibilities, and access rights within the sap r/3 system. The contractor shall determine the system modules, reports, workflows, and database tables each user uses.
• develop high-level diagrams describing the network topology, system architecture, domain models, and directory structures.
• collect and review information about the sap r/3 it security policies including: account password, cycling, and rights policies, auditing, sensitivity, and data transmission.
Deliverable: technical architecture of the sap r/3 requirements
• document a baseline of organizational processes directly affected by the use of the sap r/3 system.
• document a baseline of existing activities and resources required to support organizational processes.
• create current state process flows including organizations and individual roles.
• define critical business requirements and objectives.
• develop future state process model for each system/process targeted.
• identify deficiencies or limitations within the sap r/3 including hardware, software, middleware, application, and work processes.
conduct market research &provide ocio leadership with replacement options of the sap r/3 that are cost effective, secured, scalable, maintainable, and upgradable. Recommended options should:
• consider current business volume, expected volume growth, user threshold, strategic business and it alignment, forecast on future business needs &demands, and other external factors.
• identify alternative replacement systems and information including: build-versus-buy analysis, vendor information, implementation and support costs, technical specifications, integration requirements, data migration strategy, and training requirements.
• ensure that proposed vendors and systems meet all of the business requirements, offer the functionality required, have a proven track record, & can provide ongoing support.
• schedule on-site product demonstrations to key client points of contacts impacted by the replacement systems and benchmark the top vendors and products.
• perform a gap analysis & identify discrepancies between the replacement systems.
• develop & present an alternatives analysis brief to ocio leadership and recommend a single solution including implementation cost, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and risks.+7 Other Responses