A fortune 500 bfsi company is looking to renew global agreement with a data warehouse vendor for a period of three years. The objective of the project is to renew the current agreement and identify potential opportunities in the data warehouse market as well as procurement best practices to recommend.
Key focus areas are as follows:
1. What is the global data warehouse market behavior – market overview, market size, key players, market drivers & constraints, market trends
2. How is the data warehouse market expected to evolve in future? Will the demand increase or decrease?
3. Do you think big data will replace or augment data warehouse in terms of implementation, applications & functionality? What are the scenarios where organizations prefer big data over data warehouse?
4. What are the other potential technologies expected to substitute data warehouse in future?
5. What are the procurement best practices organizations should consider when procuring data warehouse? – sourcing model, pricing structure, contract period, vendor engagement strategy and key kpis
6. What are the key pricing drivers on which my client can negotiate when renewing data warehouse agreement with the vendor? – discounts, competition, fragmented market etc.
Looking for experts working in it/bi industry, who have expertise in data warehouse technology to provide market overview, procurement strategies and best practices for the same.+14 Other Responses
Bi Data Warehouse
we are looking for someone with your skill set to implement a data warehouse and bi reporting tool. But we are looking for someone local to the san francisco bay area as we expect this project to go on for several weeks. Do you have any referrals or suggestions?
****+15 Other Responses
Procurement Of Data Warehouse
looking for experts who have prior experience in providing procurement strategies and best practices when renewing/purchasing data warehouse technology.
1. Data warehouse procurement best practices - sourcing model, pricing structure, vendor engagement strategy, key kpi's etc.
2. What are key negotiation levers which the client can use when negotiating with the suppliers ?
Please reply back if you are interested.
dorothy+14 Other Responses
Large Scale Data Warehousing
Very specifically looking to do a strategic industry overview call with a former executive or board member of one of the following companies:
we want to better understand where real time analytics as it relates to large data is going and the value proposition to small and large companies alike.+8 Other Responses
A fortune 500 bfsi company is looking to renew global agreement with a data warehouse vendor for a period of three years. The objective of the project is to renew the current agreement and potential opportunities in the data warehouse market as well as procurement best practices to recommend.
Key focus areas are as follows:
1. Global data warehouse market behavior
2. Potential technologies expected to substitute data warehouse in future. Big data vs. Data warehouse
3. Procurement best practices - sourcing model, pricing structure, contract period, vendor engagement strategy and key kpis
4. What are the key pricing drivers on which my client can negotiate when procuring data warehouse? – discounts, competition, fragmented market etc.
Looking for experts in bi/data warehouse technology, who have prior experience in developing procurement strategies for the above given aspects and can provide best practices to drive the same.
Thanks & regards
dorothy+18 Other Responses
Data Warehouse Architecture
We have a data warehouse that is not delivering as promised. It is slow, hard to use and unfortunately was built by someone who is no longer with us. I would love to talk with someone who has built systems in the past and can direct us on what avenues to explore. We are currently using business objects for the bi layer and are considering moving to microstrategy. I would like to have someone who is experienced with both of these systems (and ideally a large marketing database).+41 Other Responses
We are looking to build a data warehouse and develop our business intelligence capabilities. However, we do not currently have an internal resource to handle the technical aspects of the construction and maintenance of a data warehouse. We are hoping to connect with an expert who can help us determine how to best fill that technical gap. Our goal is to understand whether we should work with a third party vendor, build a team internally, or a employ combination of the two.
Timeline: the week of 10/24
geography: us-based experts preferred
industry: bi/it, restaurant experience is a plus but not required
referrals are also welcomed, thank you.+undefined Other Responses
Our company manages a vendor partnership with one of walmart's entities outside of the us. The work level will fluctuate between 20-40 hours a week. I'm interested in finding a contractor we could secure for a minimum of 20 hours/week with the opportunity to flex up to 40 hours/week. The person would need to travel. Responsibilities would include: manage data warehousing and reports, manage modular, weekly monthly reporting, and ad hoc analysis. How much would it cost to hire a contractor for this type of category management work?+8 Other Responses
we are looking for a highly specialized expert who is passionate about understanding data, well versed in scalable data mining and machine learning techniques, and loves to build models. This role is a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets. The ideal candidate will be able to understand business challenges, map analytical approaches and build models to derive actionable insights.
- meet with executive management to understand major business opportunities and challenges (likely areas include financial performance, customer satisfaction, demographics and local economics).
- frame relevant issues, map out analytical approaches and gather data
design, build, and run complex analytic models that drive insights significant to the business.
- use business intelligence tools to communicate insights to executive management.
- familiarity with relational databases and sql, data transformation (etl), data mining, ad-hoc analysis.
- extensive experience with python, r, stata, sas, spss, matlab or another statistical language.
- deep knowledge of standard techniques (e.G., logistic regression, cluster analysis, random forests, experimental design).
- experience with data visualization tools (e.G., tableau)
- experience working with real data either through a current job or through projects during graduate school.
- ability to learn things quickly and work independently.
- an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems.
an ms or phd in data sciences, business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, computer science or other field which is highly analytical / quantitative+39 Other Responses
Statistics For Data Anaysis
We are the computing technology industry association (comptia).
We are looking for professionals with at least 2 years of current experience in data analytics, business intelligence, data science, data mining, data analysis, and/or warehousing and a master’s in computer science, it or related field to be involved in developing and reviewing item content for our statistics for data analysis assessment exam.
The purpose of this exam development workshop is to create and review item content (questions) for a “statistics for data analysis” assessment. This type of assistance from subject matter experts (smes) is crucial in providing an industry relevant exam.
The course for which the assessment is being developed covers a broad range of statistical techniques and methods applied in real-world settings. Topics presented include inferential, parametric and non-parametric statistics, as well as regression analysis and analysis of variance.
While attending the 5-day workshop, smes will be provided with:
a sme honorarium of $300 a day (or $1500).
A $500 travel reimbursement (with the submission of appropriate receipts). Breakfast, lunch, and snacks, as well as some evening activities such as group dinners.
Recognition for you and your organization (if provided) on the comptia sme listings. If selected, before the workshop occurs, you will be tasked with writing items remotely, for which you will be reimbursed at a rate of $5/item that makes it through the review process with little to no changes. We will need to schedule a 45 minute training call with you before you may begin writing.
When: march 28th-april 1st, 2016 (9am-5pm daily)
where: downers grove, il usa
if this is something you are interested in and available to attend, please respond with your cv attached as soon as possible. Or, if you have questions about the application process please respond here.+9 Other Responses
Big Data System
I want to build a system that collects and analyses location based data in real time. This data will be used primarily for business intelligence+8 Other Responses
Hello. I work for a prominent expert network working in partnership with zintro. We would like to source multiple experts on behalf of an institutional investor. We are looking for industry professionals who can speak about teradata corp., specifically:
•competitors. Professionals at sas, microstrategy, sap, ibm, oracle, google, amazon, cloudera, hortonworks, palantir, mapr, splunk, and others.
• former executives from these companies and this industry.
• enterprise customers of these big data offerings/vendors. So, it professionals who are the decision makers handling vendor selection.+13 Other Responses