Statement of work
position: software developer
location: greenville, sc
duration: 6 months
scope of project:
this project shall develop the functionality of the qtip data repository to meet the needs of the demonstration grant. The project’s development and testing period must ensure release prior to january 1, 2012. Team develops and operates systems . Team will be responsible for the project management and oversight of this project.
the software engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, supporting and implementing the member management replacement project and any other projects assigned. This position will work under the direction of technical project manager and technical lead for support & maintenance of all new technology development work.
• ibm curam social management platform experience.
• experience implementing medicaid eligibility systems in multiple states
• 3 years of experience as a curam developer.
• web-based distributed systems architecture and design: design, develop, and implement enterprise level web-based systems, enterprise defined in terms of system scope as well as number of users. Plan for responsive user interfaces incorporating modern web 2.0 technologies (such as ajax) and mobility needs (smartphones and tablets). Stay abreast of industry-directions and trends and continually evaluate them for potential impact and/or use in the architecture.
• software engineering: design and develop java applications incorporating industry-standard frameworks where appropriate (such as spring or struts or hibernate). Plan for highly available and scalable applications. Incorporate services into system design where appropriate. Coordinate and plan the work of java development teams.
• software project lifecycle management: effectively implement and utilize modern web-based software industry standards and best practices including an agile/scrum-based methodology, use of integrated development environments, strong emphasis on unit testing and participation in complete software lifecycle from analysis and design through testing and deployment. Assist end-user and business analysts in turning business needs into incremental software development projects and sprints. Serve as a champion for quality software and software development practices.
• communicate with a broad mix of stakeholders involved in the information technology system replacement projects
• proven experience developing enterprise class web applications in microsoft’s .Net environment (visual studio including c# and sql server experience)
• demonstrated experience designing and coding web applications
ability to assess current solution, solutions available through other state’s efforts and develop the most cost effective and efficient plan
• experience working on health information exchanges (hie) and/or electronic health records (ehr)
• medicaid management information system (mmis) experience
• medicaid operations experience.
• knowledge of healthcare and related insurance principles and processes.
• medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
• public sector and/or academic environment experience.
Websphere/websphere nd experience.
bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or field. Master’s degree preferred.
none required. Microsoft .Net/sql server and/or related microsoft technology certification preferred. Java 6 certification preferred.+4 Other Responses