Electronic Contract Manufacturers Industry
I need expert consultation on the electronic contract manufacturers industry in the us. My focus is on the manufacturing/assembly of electronic products within the us only. The target product categories are as below:
• computers and computer peripheral equipment
• communications equipment (telephone, radio and television, intercom systems, etc.)
• semiconductors and other electronic components
• bare printed circuit boards
• other electronic component (liquid crystal displays, microwave components, transducers, etc.)
industry experience of desired expert: currently working / recently worked in one or more electronic contract manufacturer companies in the u.S. In the supply chain / strategy / planning profile.+undefined Other Responses
Engineering Product Development
my name is bethany and i am a technical recruiter in pittsburgh, pa. I have a product development engineer position in pittsburgh- the position would require relocation to the area. We have a really beautiful, diverse, thriving city here in pittsburgh and are consistently listed as one of the usa’s most livable cities! (http://www.Forbes.Com/pictures/fjle45lelh/no-9-pittsburgh-pennsy/. As you can see, we have a lot going for us! http://www.Huffingtonpost.Com/2013/12/18/pittsburgh-health_n_4339476.Html
this would be a full-time, permanent position with a well respected company. It’s a good pay range and nice benefit package. Relocation assistance is offered for the right candidate. The right candidate must have project management experience as well as mems or semiconductor experience. Below is the description:
the product development engineer is responsible for leading product development teams for mems microphones from initial project kickoff through release to production. Product development engineers are the driving force behind our projects, and act as the cross-functional team leader for all of engineering product development efforts. Pdes work hand in hand with the ic, mems and package design engineers to set priorities, manage schedules and organize product development work packages. This is more than a job posting for a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest mems companies. It is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in an organization with the best blend of entrepreneurial roots and successful large company track record.
• collaborate with sales and marketing to define product requirements.
• lead product development engineering teams to meet project objectives on schedule.
• maintain work plans, schedules and budgets for new product development projects and
periodically present program status to senior management.
• present powerful oral and written proposals tailored to the needs of the audience.
• secure buy-in and commitment to project goals, roles and processing.
• work with design and manufacturing engineers to ensure optimization of product.
Performance, manufacturability, yield and cost.
• drive team problem solving and decision making. Manage conflict and resistance with a focus
on resolution. Understand and improve team dynamics.
• lead and persuade others without direct authority.
• manage product development project risks by assessing likelihood and impact of risks, and
executing plans to reduce critical risks.
• plan, execute and monitor new product development projects from kickoff through release to
• identify and champion ideas/solutions for process improvements including but not limited to
the product development process.
• at least 3 - 5 years of experience in engineering project or program management. More preferred.
• experience with mems or semiconductors
• bs or ms in engineering (ms or phd preferred in electrical, mechanical, industrial, or audio).
• demonstrated ability to build, lead, and drive results of cross-functional engineering teams.
• a proven track record of driving complex projects, on time and on budget.
• strong technical acumen and analysis skills, with an appetite to learn.
• experience balancing performance, cost and manufacturability in product development.
• excellent written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to generate high quality
reports and presentations for engineering and senior management audiences.
• experience developing semiconductor based components targeting the high volume consumer electronics industry.
• experience with mems, including design, process development, or end application usage+2 Other Responses