Mobile Consumer Electronics Components
I am a venture capital investor evaluating two opportunities in the mobile consumer electronics component sector. The first is developing force touch sensitive screens, the second auto-focus and image stabilisation actuators for mobile cameras.
I am looking for an expert to help me understand the component supply chain for korean and chinese mobile ce oems. How can i understand whether the traction these companies are claiming with oems is realistic and likely to convert into license deals? What are industry standard licensing terms? What is the stage gate process from initial contact to closing a deal?+undefined Other Responses
Electronics Components Manufacturing Industry
We are seeking subject matter experts in the electronics components manufacturing industry. Specifically battery packs and cable box/wire assemblies. We would like to gain a better understanding of the trends of the industry from a competitive, technological, and general demand perspective – where it was, where it is, and where it is going.
*** background on the product life cycles of the various battery pack applications is a plus.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consult. Please respond with a few brief statements as to your relevance in this space with your short answers to the questions below:
1. Are you currently involved in the electronics components manufacturing industry and are you able to share your insights on the competitive perspective, technological perspective, and general demand perspective?
2. Do you have experience in monitoring / analyzing price changes and making purchasing decisions of electronics components products in telecommunications, semiconductor, military & defense, robotics, medical device space? Please briefly describe your understanding of the market.
3. Do you have experience in overseeing the manufacturing/sale of electronics components products? Please briefly describe your understanding of the product life cycles of the various battery pack.
**referrals will highly be appreciated.+undefined Other Responses
Consumer Electronic Devices
Consumer electronics device experts:
materials manufacturer seeks product manager, concept team leader or r&d contact with recent direct design experience at mobile device oem (apple, samsung, amazon, nokia, etc), odm (foxconn, etc) or display manufacturer (samsung, auo, chimei, tpk, wintek, etc) for voc interview. Experts with strategic experience, npi, product planning would be ideal.+5 Other Responses
Engineering Product Development
my name is bethany and i am a technical recruiter in pittsburgh, pa. I have a product development engineer position in pittsburgh- the position would require relocation to the area. We have a really beautiful, diverse, thriving city here in pittsburgh and are consistently listed as one of the usa’s most livable cities! (http://www.Forbes.Com/pictures/fjle45lelh/no-9-pittsburgh-pennsy/. As you can see, we have a lot going for us! http://www.Huffingtonpost.Com/2013/12/18/pittsburgh-health_n_4339476.Html
this would be a full-time, permanent position with a well respected company. It’s a good pay range and nice benefit package. Relocation assistance is offered for the right candidate. The right candidate must have project management experience as well as mems or semiconductor experience. Below is the description:
the product development engineer is responsible for leading product development teams for mems microphones from initial project kickoff through release to production. Product development engineers are the driving force behind our projects, and act as the cross-functional team leader for all of engineering product development efforts. Pdes work hand in hand with the ic, mems and package design engineers to set priorities, manage schedules and organize product development work packages. This is more than a job posting for a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest mems companies. It is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in an organization with the best blend of entrepreneurial roots and successful large company track record.
• collaborate with sales and marketing to define product requirements.
• lead product development engineering teams to meet project objectives on schedule.
• maintain work plans, schedules and budgets for new product development projects and
periodically present program status to senior management.
• present powerful oral and written proposals tailored to the needs of the audience.
• secure buy-in and commitment to project goals, roles and processing.
• work with design and manufacturing engineers to ensure optimization of product.
Performance, manufacturability, yield and cost.
• drive team problem solving and decision making. Manage conflict and resistance with a focus
on resolution. Understand and improve team dynamics.
• lead and persuade others without direct authority.
• manage product development project risks by assessing likelihood and impact of risks, and
executing plans to reduce critical risks.
• plan, execute and monitor new product development projects from kickoff through release to
• identify and champion ideas/solutions for process improvements including but not limited to
the product development process.
• at least 3 - 5 years of experience in engineering project or program management. More preferred.
• experience with mems or semiconductors
• bs or ms in engineering (ms or phd preferred in electrical, mechanical, industrial, or audio).
• demonstrated ability to build, lead, and drive results of cross-functional engineering teams.
• a proven track record of driving complex projects, on time and on budget.
• strong technical acumen and analysis skills, with an appetite to learn.
• experience balancing performance, cost and manufacturability in product development.
• excellent written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to generate high quality
reports and presentations for engineering and senior management audiences.
• experience developing semiconductor based components targeting the high volume consumer electronics industry.
• experience with mems, including design, process development, or end application usage+2 Other Responses