Engineering Procurement And Construction Market
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
On a current study on the engineering, procurement & construction (epc) market, we are trying to collect best practices around execution of projects within the epc market.
We are seeking to speak with experts with recent experience at one or more of the follow companies:
- fluor, petrofac, saipem, technip, tecnicas reunidas, jgc japan, chiyoda japan, toyo engineering japan, kbr, keppel, kiewit and fcc (fomento de construcciones y contratas, spain).
Please note that we are only interested to speak with experts who have experience at one or more of these companies. The experts would have expertise in project controls / project development and execution / pmo / risk management, or other relevant areas and be able to discuss the following topics:
1. Project categorization and tender stage-gate process:
- e.G. Is categorization applied and during which phase; what is the process structure;
2. Bid and project calculation:
- e.G. How are contingencies reflected within costs calculation; process and people used to review the financial aspect of the quotation costs and budgets;
3. Cost and time forecast/tracking:
- e.G. Are there methods to improve predicting; any test processes; external variables (such as market, clients); system used for forecasting;
4. Project change and claim management:
- e.G. Is there a guideline defining the procedure for changes in projects?
5. Project risk management:
- e.G. Board roles and responsibilities regarding risks; consistency in dealing with risks - corporate risk appetite vs. Risk philosophy; shared learnings around risk management and continuous control; standard procedures adjustment; committee/governance body in place; internal control systems integration.
We are asking experts to complete a 15-minute closed questionnaire (i.E. Agree/disagree type of questions) and a ~45-minute phone discussion with our client for a total of 60-minute engagement. We are happy to offer a flexible usd 300 compensation for each participation. Please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the experts are not involved in paying this.
In case you are interest and able to help, please kindly let me know your contact details (email and phone/skype) and i could provide more specifics on the study and our standard process.
senior specialist, delivery & expert community+28 Other Responses
Pp And Pe Plant Epc Market Assessment
We are assessing the pe (i.E. Hdpe, ldpe, lldpe)/ pp plant market for our client who is an epc player (i.E. Engineering and construction such plants). Epc players such as maire tecnimont or fluor in the pe/ pp market typically do not own technology but rather license them from licensors such as lyondellbasell, dow, ineos, or borealis when being asked by their customers to engineer and build a pe/ pp plant or to conduct revamps. Typical customers of our client are pe/ pp manufacturers such as lyondellbasell, dow, chevron, formosa, or petronas. Pe/ pp end-users from the packaging or automotive industry are not in scope.
We are looking for experts to discuss at least one of the two aspects:
- market view: general trends and drivers, market forecast 2017-22 by region ideally on project level (i.E. Planned new pe/ pp plants or planned pe/ pp plant revamps such as capacity extension, upgrades, replacements, major repairs, etc.)
- customer view: customer buying criteria (e.G. Project capex, future opex, quality/ reliability, terms and conditions, flexibility/ customization of offer, technology) and therewith distinguishing factors for epc players
global geographic scope (an expert does not need to cover all regions): north america (us, mx, cn), middle east (saudi arabia, uae, qatar, egypt, iran, etc.), china, emerging apac (indonesia, philippines, vietnam, malaysia, etc.), western europe, cis (russia, etc.), developed apac (jp, kr, tw, au), south america (brazil, venezuela, etc.), africa.
Offering scope: new build (full epc or only certain elements), revamp (incl. Engineering for unit additions, age-related replacements, etc.), service (i.E. Operations and maintenance)+undefined Other Responses