Engineering Procurement And Construction Market
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
On a current study on the engineering, procurement & construction (epc) market, we are trying to collect best practices around execution of projects within the epc market.
We are seeking to speak with experts with recent experience at one or more of the follow companies:
- fluor, petrofac, saipem, technip, tecnicas reunidas, jgc japan, chiyoda japan, toyo engineering japan, kbr, keppel, kiewit and fcc (fomento de construcciones y contratas, spain).
Please note that we are only interested to speak with experts who have experience at one or more of these companies. The experts would have expertise in project controls / project development and execution / pmo / risk management, or other relevant areas and be able to discuss the following topics:
1. Project categorization and tender stage-gate process:
- e.G. Is categorization applied and during which phase; what is the process structure;
2. Bid and project calculation:
- e.G. How are contingencies reflected within costs calculation; process and people used to review the financial aspect of the quotation costs and budgets;
3. Cost and time forecast/tracking:
- e.G. Are there methods to improve predicting; any test processes; external variables (such as market, clients); system used for forecasting;
4. Project change and claim management:
- e.G. Is there a guideline defining the procedure for changes in projects?
5. Project risk management:
- e.G. Board roles and responsibilities regarding risks; consistency in dealing with risks - corporate risk appetite vs. Risk philosophy; shared learnings around risk management and continuous control; standard procedures adjustment; committee/governance body in place; internal control systems integration.
We are asking experts to complete a 15-minute closed questionnaire (i.E. Agree/disagree type of questions) and a ~45-minute phone discussion with our client for a total of 60-minute engagement. We are happy to offer a flexible usd 300 compensation for each participation. Please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the experts are not involved in paying this.
In case you are interest and able to help, please kindly let me know your contact details (email and phone/skype) and i could provide more specifics on the study and our standard process.
senior specialist, delivery & expert community+28 Other Responses
Engineering Procurement Construction Management
How epcm works for light constructions: offices and manufacturing & storage facilities for cpg/fmcg companies:
1. An overview of epcm contract and how the process is different for mining and non-mining projects?
2. How are the epcm fees calculated? What are the typical compensation models ?How it differs based on type of works and size of project?
3. Scope of services: what services do epcm firms provide to cpg facility owners? What are the optional services?
4. Insource v/s outsource decision-
a. What kind of services are insourced by the owner and what are the factors impacting this decision (project budget, firms capabilities, etc).
B. To whom the services can be outsourced, (like multiple contractors, epcm contractors etc)?
Are there any differences in commercial models recommended for specific circumstances?
How these model operate in countries like nigeria, south africa, pakistan and hungary?+4 Other Responses
Geotechnical Instrument Procurement
We are looking to speak to multiple experts in sales, business development / strategy, procurement, or engineering who have experience sourcing geotechnical instrumentation used primarily for monitoring the safety and stability of infrastructure such as dams, tunnels, mines, embankments, subway systems, bridges, pipelines, shafts, excavations, nuclear waste repositories, ground water remediation, and other construction sites.. we are interested with experts from manufacturers, distributors, and end users such as construction firms, mining & oil and gas, and aerospace & defense companies.
This would be for a 30 - minutes paid phone consult. Please respond with a few brief statements as to your relevance in this space.
1. Can you discuss selection process for supplier?
2. Can you discuss key decision criteria customers consider when purchasing these products, and specific brands?
3. Can you discuss driver on sales / purchasing volume?
4. Can you identify who are the major distributors, and what role do distributors, dealer, or other channel partners play?
+25 Other Responses
Construction And Engineering In Usa
Need expertise on key performance indicators (kpi) of us engineering, construction and construction management services.+11 Other Responses
Engineering, Procurement & Construction
We are a premier global provider of customized procurement intelligence services specializing in sourcing, supply chain visibility, financial risk analysis, and green procurement. Some of our customers are the largest in the world, including over 70 of the fortune 500. We enable client decisions worth over us $25 b in procurement spend globally.
We have been engaged by our fortune 500 client, a leading fmcg company to understand the epcm pain/gain mechanisms adopted by other fortune 500 companies around the globe in na, la, asia, eimea.
We are currently seeking support from key, industry leading subject matter experts/consultants for fee-based primary interview & discussion in the following areas:
1. Explain about the pain-gain (risk sharing) mechanism adopted in the construction industry when executing an industrial project – global and regional perspective (with relevant examples and case studies along with benefits and disadvantage in each mechanism)
2. How are general and risk sharing contracts framed between an epcm company and a global buyer of construction services (a fortune 500 company).
3. How are risks shared between buyer and seller when executing projects? (global and regional perspective)
4. What are the risk sharing methods/mechanisms used by both seller (epcm company) and buyer (a fortune company) to safeguard them?
5. Frequently used contract and pricing models for executing an epcm project by buyers and seller in various regions to attain maximum benefits (with relevant case studies)
6. How project over-costs and budget overruns are handled between a contractor (epcm company) and a buyer?
As a follow-up to this request, we would be happy to give you a call to take you through the key research questions and clarify any queries that you might have.
We appreciate your interest & look forward to your response by 26 sep, 2016. Thank you.
gayathri+38 Other Responses
Engineering Procurement Construction
We wanted to work with an ex-project director from a reputed international epc company, who has a) worked extensively on tall building construction (>60 slabs) as a project manager/ director b) has international exposure in either middle east or se asia and c) is willing to relocate to india to work for 6-12 months on contract.
The candidate with be part of the team that is driving construction excellence in one of the largest epc companies in india.+6 Other Responses
Construction Services Procurement
i am chandhini, a research analyst. We have been engaged by our client, a leading manufacturing company to understand market dynamics & procurement best practices in the construction services category.
To understand construction procurement process adopted by gsk, astra zeneca, (pharmaceuticals) boeing, bae systems (aviation and defense), and boots plc. Sainsbury and morrisons' (retail) in the following areas:
a. Construction procurement structure within the organization (global or regional, size), procurement functions that are local versus global, strategic versus operational construction procurement team (split across regions).
B. Management of construction services procurement process.
C. Strategic supplier partnerships, key regional/global suppliers.
D. Industry best practices related to construction procurement, kpis.
I write this email to request your participation in this engagement. As a follow-up to this request, we would be happy to give you a call to take you the key research questions and clarify any queries that you might have.
We appreciate your interest & look forward to your response by 28th november 2015. Thank you.+31 Other Responses
Engineering And Construction Services In Central America
Sourcing engineering & construction services in central america (panama, colombia, peru, ecuador, el salvador and honduras)+7 Other Responses
Engineering Procurement Construction Management
I am looking for an expert who can give me detailed list of local and regional epcm, engineering and general contractors suppliers in nigeria, ghana, zambia having experience in industrial/factory construction.+10 Other Responses
Biotech Engineering Design And Construction
"engineering design and construction–sourcing best practices for vaccines/biotechnology industry"
in-house vs. Outsource:
• how do companies deal with the engineering offices category for vaccines/biotech categories across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa? (in-house or outsource)?
• what is the widely adopted execution model for this category? (complete in-house, epc, epcm, gc+e&a etc.)
• what are the key dependent factors considered in this regard to decide on using the outsourcing model?
O type of engineering and construction services (basic scheme/design, procurement, construction management and contracting etc.)
o package (groundworks and external works, cleanroom, hvac, building services, electricity, process equipment etc.)
• how do companies source their engineering office services across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa? (centralized or decentralized)
engagement strategy and contracting:
• how do companies engage with the engineering office suppliers?
O global/regional/local engineering offices
o single/multiple engineering offices
o factors that determine the choice of strategy
• what are the contracting models followed with these suppliers? (reimbursable, lumpsome etc.)?
• what is the duration of the partnership between the clients and the engineering offices?
• what is the cost structure for the key disciplines used in the engineering offices category across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa?
• who are the top engineering office companies across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa+4 Other Responses
Engineering And Construction Contract Review
Detail review of the technical contract documents for engineering and construction company+31 Other Responses
Engineering And Construction Sourcing
Engineering and construction sourcing strategy for industrial facility in nigeria+3 Other Responses