Expert Witness Services
I am currently working on a project for a large banking client. They would like to understand about the expert witness/testimony services related to litigation support in the us.
The areas of focus for the report are:
• market size and drivers of expert witness consulting services industry
• market trends of expert witness consulting services industry
• typical buyer spend on expert witness vendor engagement
• basic components of billing for expert witnesses and consultants
• case studies relating to expert witness engagement by corporates and financial institutions
swetha+40 Other Responses
Patent Infringement Litigation
I am currently assisting a client in need of an expert witness for a patent infringement case concerning commercial publishing and printing services via a communication network involving computer to plate technology. Expert witness experience and patent litigation experience are preferred.
The expert will be working in support of infringement and validity. The expert would be expected to review the patents and infringing processes based on information and data provided by the technical expert, write a report, be deposed and possibly testify in court. The client would like to have an expert on board soon, as some work needs to be completed before the end of the year; however most of the work will occur from february through august 2015. The expert report is due in march.
From what i can tell, this looks like it may be a potential fit for you. If you may be interested, i would be happy to clear all conflicts and provide more detail as appropriate. If this is not a project that interests you, of course any referrals would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time, and i look forward to hearing back from you.+3 Other Responses
I would like to gain an insight into the litigation market with regard to the market share (in terms of revenue; legal fees) of the different types of litigation, especially patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation. My specific questions are:-
1) what is the market share of the different sub-practice areas under litigation - especially patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation (in terms of revenue or legal fees)?
2) what are the different supplier and buyer trends with regard to patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation? (especially with regard to the pharmaceutical industry)
3) what are the approaches of leading edge companies with regard to managing outside counsel for these 2 practice areas?
4) what are the pricing trends with regard to these 2 practice areas (patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation)? Are they experiencing an upward or downward trend?
5) what are the best practices being adopted by law firms for managing patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation practice areas?
Looking to hear from those who are experienced in buying legal services and can answer the questions from a strategic sourcing perspective.+8 Other Responses