My name is craig and i work for a building science company located in pittsburgh, pa. We focus on application product development centered around key building science principles, energy efficiency and green initiatives.
We are currently working with major plastic material suppliers to identify new application areas for engineering plastics in the building and construction market. This includes residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure segments. Market intelligence and identifying key industry experts is obviously one of the starting points for us. I am looking to identify:
• key building and construction application trends, needs and gaps
• extrusion technology trends (that could relate to b&c applications)
• past application successes and failures that could be leverageable
• identification of key extrusion experts, industry consultants, and key manufacturers with aggressive application and market development strategies
if you feel you could provide any valuable input in these areas or know someone that could, please let me know.
My background includes:
• bsd in plastics engineering (penn state university)
• asd in mechanical engineering (penn state university)
• the hoover company (process, application & qc engineer roles)
• allen extruders (materials technology manager and production foreman roles)
• dow chemical company (ts&d, application development engineer roles in engineering plastics division) (application technology leader role in building & construction division)
• (program manager, innovation)
thanks you for your time.+12 Other Responses
Injection Molded Plastics
We are seeking to interview experts engaged in:
1) the sales of injection molded, high precision, and high tolerance plastic components and gear trains.
2) the sourcing, purchasing, and/or design of products that use such components.
The goal of our work is to identify growth opportunities outside the automotive industry for our client, a precision injection molder and assembly operator.
We are interested in experts with exposure to the following industries:
1. Water filtration: e.G. Injection molded cartridge components
2. Hvac: e.G. Industrial blower wheels, ports, connectors
3. Security: e.G. Sensor ports and connectors
4. Lighting: e.G. Led fixtures, housing, heat sinks, lenses (not commodity lighting or electrical transmission)
5. Military: e.G. Guns and ammunition casing
6. Power storage: e.G. Generation, distribution, transmission components
7. Medical devices: e.G. Disposables, implantables, drug delivery systems
8. Small engines: e.G. Lawnmower, chainsaw, snowblower, pressure washers (not marine)
9. Recreational vehicles: e.G. Seadoo, snowmobile, atv (not rvs)
we are interested in learning about the market dynamics and supply chain for plastic injection molders in each industry. Ideal candidates will be able to speak to: specific figures for product volume, product pricing, and profit margin; market concentration of competitors and buyers; capabilities for success, and global competition.
We are targeting candidates who have experience working with north american plastic injection molders, especially those with mexico or us manufacturing footprints. A very ideal fit would be someone who has witnessed an operator that has traditionally served oem and tier 1 automotive customers shift into adjacent markets or expand its global footprint. We’d like to see profiles of at least two candidates who can speak to each industry (so a total of 18), either current or former positions. Bonus points for those candidates who can speak across more than one industry.
Sample position titles
• vp of purchasing / procurement (buy side)
• vp of global sourcing (buy side)
• vp of global manufacturing (buy side)
• vp of engineering (buy side)
• vp of sales at injection molding company (sell side)+31 Other Responses