Medical Devices Packaging
We are looking for experts on medical devices packaging to understand the information related to primary packaging procurement.
Please find specific questions below:
1.How is packaging supplier performance measured by medical device manufacturers?
2.Do global medical device companies have regional r&d centres for packaging?
3.Is there a sustainability engineering department in medical device manufacturers?
4.How is the burden of feedstock commodity price changes reflected?
5.Do medical device manufacturers engage with global or regional suppliers? And why?
6.What are the outsourcing strategies they adopt for tail spend?
7.Do healthcare customers value sustainability? How do they measure it?
8.What is more important for the customer- cost or sustainability? Are they willing to pay for it?
This is a ad-hoc request with time constraint and hence any quick replies are appreciated.
Thank you.+undefined Other Responses
Medical Device Prototype
Looking for subject matter expert (individual, team, or company) who can design, develop and build an alpha-prototype a device for dental surgical procedure based on our ip. The device utilizes abrasive powder under pressure in a focused controlled pattern to perform the invasive procedure in oral cavity.
The rfp will include the design and alpha prototype, manufacture of 1) a handheld operative hand piece or “working head” and 2) a controlled “pneumatic power control unit” which would include compressed air and vacuum source, abrasive powder distribution reservoir, rinse system (reservoir and pump), pressure/vacuum gauges analog or digital, regulators, control valves, control panel, fittings/tubing, electrical wiring and chassis.
Required expertise includes but not limited to
• cad design through solidworks or similar software to prepare a 3d design of the assembly and components/subassembly prints for manufacturing
• mechanical engineering, r&d, and product development experience preferably in the medical device industry.
• innovative strategist and problem solver who can develop customized, effective solutions to meet needs in challenging user requirements and mitigate procedural risk through design.
• ability to coordinates manufacturing/assembly, and testing to achieve client’s objectives on time, within budget, and to specification.
• fluidic designs: such as micro-fluidics, valves, manifolds, pumps-(e.G. Precision aspirate/dispense, diaphragm, solenoid, syringe, piston) reaction and mixing chambers, flow-cells, aspirate/dispense probes, fittings, tubing, flow calculations.
• pneumatic design: pneumatic power modules, motion/transfer devices, valves, manifolds, fittings, tubing, compressed air calculations
location: usa+16 Other Responses
Medical Device Marketing And Strategy
We are looking for a medical device professional, with a strong background in emergency medical/first responder devices, to help a start-up company develop strategy, valuations and ultimately a licensing agreement, or other arrangement, with a mid-size or major medical device company. Patents, trademarks, preclinical trials (highly successful) and fda pre-market applications either in place or in process. Greater los angeles area preferred.+4 Other Responses
Medical Device Packaging
Performs professional engineering work in the conception, specification, design, manufacture and/or testing of packaging materials and products to contain, protect and ship contents. Typically requires a 4-yr degree in mechanical engineering, materials engineering or package engineering. Three (3) years experience. Experience in a medical device manufacturing plant preferred.+4 Other Responses