Climate Change Risks And Impact Assessment
Climate change risks and impact assessment experience sme (certified carbon reduction manager (crm) - from energy & utility background)
we are currently working on this opportunity for providing consulting services for climate change risks and impact on client’s business
scope of work covers the following:
• detailed impact assessment of the identified risks in light of global, regional and uae specific climate change trends , assessment of the existing and forthcoming strategies, policies and action plans prioritized based on the level of impact on client’s operations (e.G. Likelihood of a weather event occurring and severity).
• analyze the vulnerabilities and identify possible effects on client’s most sensitive operations with respect to the demand drivers (air cooling demand increase, water desalination increase, demand patterns etc.) and possible effect on client’s supply infrastructure (turbine efficiency, plant cooling efficiency, coastal infrastructure flooding risk, salinity increase in arabian gulf, transmission loses, sub-stations and plant specifications etc.) and network.
• conduct a qualitative and quantitative valuation for the most material facets. In terms of impact, the consultant might consider using different metrics necessary for client to quantify the risks (revenues, operational costs, social cost of carbon, mitigation goals etc.).
• consideration on adaptation options that increase the resilience of client’s operations to the impacts of a changing climate prioritized based on criteria recommended by us and identify the adaptive capacity of client.
• resilience plan to improve client’s adaptive capacity and respond to various climate change risks.
• response measure in merit order to account of climate change risks.
• model and tools to support client in periodic updates of the resilience plan.
• proposed growth scenario (s) in a ‘regulated climate change’ situation.
• working plan for the alignment with or integration of climate change risks into client’s corporate risk management portfolio and business planning.
• relevant risk architecture, monitoring, stress testing, triggers and actions.
• recommend appropriate financing models for the plan to be implemented.
• training manual and material preparation
• facilitate training
• certified carbon reduction manager (crm) by the association of energy engineers, or equivalent
if you feel this is your area of interest and meet any of the above three experience requirements, then please reply with your relevant experience.
saurabh+undefined Other Responses
Global Risk Management
Contribute to the zintro blog!
i am an independent writer for zintro looking for your expert opinion on the question below and a written response that is one to three paragraphs. Your response may be used in an article that i will write and post on the zintro blog site. If your response is used, you will be named in the article and a link to your expert profile will be included. Your contribution is voluntary and provides you with a great marketing opportunity to get your name and expert opinion published. Here is a sample blog: http://blog.Zintro.Com/
question: with a series of catastrophic events this spring combined with recent political and security risks, the global risk management industry is assessing losses and global threats. What are some of the issues that you are most concerned about right now? What are you doing to address these issues?
If you are interested, please send me your response via znotes in the next day or two. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Maureen aylward+14 Other Responses