Discussion On Shipping Refined Products
Project title: discussion on shipping refined products
description/need: we need to speak with an expert about shipping refined products. The discussion will focus on shipping refined products (gasoline, diesel, fuel oil, other hydrocarbon liquids; not oil) out of the us gulf coast.
Project type: phone consult
number of experts: 1
time-frame: deadline is november 5th
geography: us based, must have experience with shipments out of the us gulf coast.
Companies we should try to reach out to: are there any particular companies that you would like us to reach out to? Large shipping companies operating out of the golf coast.
Companies we should not reach out to: are there any particular companies that you would like us not to reach out to?
Expert job title(s):
screening questions: what are 2-3 screening questions to qualify prospective experts?
Note: a helpful way to draft the screening questions is to consider the "must have" areas of experience/knowledge / or skills that the expert needs in order to qualify.
Must have knowledge of the following:
- markets for shipment and prospects for future volumes
- logistics bottlenecks, especially if us exports of refined products ramps
- how refiners are looking at exports – growth market? Or just temporary
- shipping economics – are they getting bigger, less expensive?
- any other choke points on expansions of us refined product exports+6 Other Responses
Fuel Oil Alternatives
i am rakesh, a procurement consultant . We are looking to understand the alternate fuels that can be used instead of fuel oil (heavy and light variants), in the cement industry.
I would like to understand the following,
1) what alternate fuels can be used in a boiler, furnace, oven or other engines that run using fuel oils ?
2) how is fuel oil commonly used in the cement industry ?
rakesh.+29 Other Responses
Heavy Fuel Oil
Need an expert on heavy fuel oil (global scenario) for building a pricing model.
The deliverables revolve around factors that have a bearing on hfo prices like crude oil, transportation, pricing methodology (being linked to any index).+16 Other Responses
Liquid Fuel Substitutes For Hfo
i am analyzing the liquid fuel substitutes for heavy fuel oil in cement industry in latam countries.
My requirements are as follows,
1) possible liquid fuel substitutes for heavy fuel oil (hfo) in cement manufacturing processes. The substitute should require minimal or no changes to existing burner configuration
2) a high-level (not in-depth) comparison between heavy fuel oil and the proposed substitutes. This should include comparison of the fuels in terms of,
(i) technical specifications such as btu/ liters calculation and other relevant metrics for choosing the fuel
(ii) acquisition cost (market price etc.) and running costs of the fuels. Indication of potential cost savings achieved by using the substitute vs hfo
the primary objective of this exercise is cost savings. Hence, the substitutes need to be chosen along those lines
3) price trends, price drivers, available supply capacity and major suppliers for each of these fuels by country
4) the major geographies of focus are el salvador, ecuador, brazil and mexico. An overall picture for latam countries would be helpful
this is quite an urgent request. Even if a major portion of the above mentioned
information is available by this saturday it would be really helpful
if you can provide these details, kindly provide your e-mail id and phone number. We can schedule a scoping call and take things forward
rakesh+5 Other Responses
i want to understand full details of alternate fuel oil in place of high speed diesel, light diesel oil or fo. Please note that this alternate fuel can be a blend of two or more derivatives of crude oil or bio fuel and not necessarily a renewable fuel. Also, i want to know if the new alternate can be used in cement industry without any adverse effect on the performance and environment.
Can this fuel be an alternate to the traditional fuels, if so, i would like to know the following specific things (the geographical scope of the project is limited to india):
1.) demand-supply dynamics and future supply outlook of this alternate clean fuels in india.
2.) sourcing options of this alternate clean fuels in india.
3.) analysis on impact of fuel switching on operational efficiency.
4.) available case studies of companies (especially in cement industry) switching to such alternate fuels.
Please contact me as soon as possible in case you have expertise in this area.
.+2 Other Responses
Fuel Oil Refining In Uk
We are currently conducting a study to understand the uk bulk fuel oil refining and distribution market. We would like to speak with experts who can share their insights and views through a paid telephonic discussion. The focus areas of our study are as follows: • an up to date review of the uk bulk fuel oil distributor market and refinery network. • covering the scope, size, growth of the industry including the key sensitivities. • five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares. • a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the global oil commodity market focusing on major oil refineries, trends, product mix, supply, distribution and future prospects. • identification of appropriate indices for management data and tracking.
If interested and knowledgeable, please contact me with a short bio.
Thanks & regards,
madhulika+8 Other Responses
High Sulphur Fuel Oil
Hi,i am currently working for a pharma major in finalnd who wants to import high sulphur heavy fuel oil into oulu,finland.I want to a list of suppliers who can fulfill this demand with contact persons.I am ready to pay for this information.+3 Other Responses
I am looking for industry wide best procurement practices and pricing models for bunker fuel, jet kerosene and diesel across us, europe and asian region.
Please find the following queries to be addressed.
1. What are the various contract models followed in procurement of bunker fuel, jet kerosene and diesel at region specific to us, europe and asian region (eg: fixed contract, variable contract, partly fixed contract etc)
2. What are the supplier based pricing models or methodologies followed for bunker fuel, jet kerosene and diesel at region specific to us, europe and asian region (eg: indexed pricing, cost plus pricing etc).
Thanking in advance.+2 Other Responses
Bunker Fuel And Retail Fuel
Currently, i am working for a client who uses bunker fuel and retail fuel within europe.
The client wants to assess whether there is an opportunity for savings in duties and taxes within europe. The client wants to save on taxes by moving fuel to and from lower tax regions. The basic tax/duty that would be incorporated are like excise duty, sales tax and import duty.+2 Other Responses
Jet Fuel And D6 Fuel Oil
We need a highly credible supplier of jet fuel and d6 fuel oil (from usa refineries) delivered at houston port.+9 Other Responses
Heavy Fuel Oil 180 Market
I need a detailed overview of the west african hfo 180 market.
Some of the key points covered in the overview should include:
1. Hfo 180 pricing and forecast
2. Regulatory landscape pertaining to hfo 180 in west africa.
3. Supply options
4. Impact of imo regulations
5. Compliance with equator principles, or some other benchmark
6. Application in thermal power plant+7 Other Responses
The zintro blog needs you!i am looking for your expert opinion on the news below.Your response may be used in an article that i will write and post on the zintro site.Your contribution is voluntary,and while there is no direct payment involved,getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity that will increase the amount of traffic to your expert profile.
As a featured expert,you will be named and a link to your profile will be included.Here is a sample:
if interested,please send me your one-to-three paragraph response to the following news via znotes within the next few days:
in terms of biofuels,concerns about the possible impact on food supply and prices arise.It would be hard to scale the process that transforms these materials into ethanol efficiently and economically.However,microbes found in panda feces may give the process the head start it needs to become a viable option.Could the microbes found in the fecal contributions of giant pandas at the memphis zoo be the answer to sustainable fuels?
Please include your full name so we can link it to your expert profile and get you more presence on zintro.Let me know if you have any questions.
gabriela meller+11 Other Responses