Future Trends In Grocery Retails
Project title: discussion on future trends in grocery retail
description/need: we would like to speak with an expert that can provide insight on what the future of grocery stores looks like. The focus of the discussion is how technology will change food packaging and the way grocery stores market food to consumers.
Project type: phone consult
number of experts: 1
time frame: interview deadline is september 21st.
Geography: united states
companies we should try to reach out to: employees at costco, krogers, safeway, whole foods.
Companies we should not reach out to: anyone that is not a current or recent former employee of the companies listed above.
Expert job title(s): head of marketing, chief marketing officer, head of consumer insights,
screening questions: what are 2-3 screening questions to qualify prospective experts?
Note: a helpful way to draft the screening questions is to consider the "must have" areas of experience / knowledge / or skills that the expert needs in order to qualify.
1. Based on your experience are you able to discuss how you envision food will be marketed/sold to consumers in 2030? Will there be more fresh /non-packaged food sales? What type of packaging? How strong is consumer preference in sustainable packaging?
Any other desired qualifications?+15 Other Responses
Retail Fuel Gas Station Market
I am currently conducting a study on the "global retail fuelling market" with key focus on the north america, europe and asia pacific market –especially china (we would be also covering the middle eastern market for this study) where we would like to deep dive.
We are looking to understand how the industry is structured in terms of the market size, tailwinds-headwinds, complementary businesses, regulations, margins (gross and ebit), value chain, customer segmentation, purchasing behavior, after market and revenues and the technicalities of the solutions.
We are looking at the following product categories:
systems and software
emv compatible systems and dispensers
1. What is current market size (2018) for each equipment (systems and software, dispensers, hanging hardware, undergrond hardware, tanks, pumps), in retail fuel industry? How they are projected to grow till 2022 and which are the key growth drivers?
2. How is the market size segmented by geography and how are they estimated to grow till 2022? Which are the key tailwinds and headwinds in each geography?
3. What are the average operating profit margins (ebit%), earned on each product category? Do they vary geography wise?
4. Who are the key players in different geographies and product categories? What are their market share?
5. Does these products offers opportunities to earn recurring revenue, via sales of spares parts / consumables? If yes, what is its revenue contribution to total revenue?
6. How is the end customer market (gas stations, grocery stores etc.) bifurcated (independents, c-stores, hvr, moc's/noc/soe) in different geographies?
7.What are key purchase criteria adopted by the end customers while puchasing the retail gas station equipment? Is the cost to switch to other brand of equipment is high, why?
8. What is the predominant route of selling adopted by the gas station equipment manufacturers?
Emv (europay, mastercard, visa) regulation
1. What is the total number of locations/stations installed with gas station equipment across different geographies? What are the different payment solutions adopted by them and their penetration?
2. What percentage of gas fueling locations (gas stations or grocery stores etc.) are using emv compliant payment solutions in different geographies?
3. What are the key drivers and challenges observed by the customers (gas stations etc.) and equipment manufacturers for the installation of the emv compatible systems.
4. Of the total number of gas fueling locations, what percentage of the customers are willing to adopt emv compliant software and dispensers?
5. What will be the breakup of retrofit vs. Replace demand of their current payment solution in different geographies.
6. What is the cost structure for retrofit vs replacement of the existing systems and dispensers with emv compliant systems and dispensers?
7. What are the critical purchase criteria adopted by the end customers to buy gas station equipment and software.
+13 Other Responses
Toy Retail Industry
I need a toy retail industry veteran. Able to make introductions with major toy retailers. Also knowledgeable about the process of manufacturing and able to negotiate favorable manufacturing terms.
Geographically, global connections are a must, particularly western europe
key strengths need to be:
1. Able to monetize from caricature figures
2. Will to go the extra mile in negotiations
3. Direct knowledge of penetrating the dolls and games & puzzles categories
4. Market analysis, and brand positioning in the market+4 Other Responses
Discount Retail In Mexico
We are a prominent nyc-based expert network and an authorized zintro partner.
Our client has an immediate need to conduct a phone consultation with someone who is knowledgeable about the discount retail industry in mexico. Specifically, the client would like to better understand the competitive positioning of the major players in the space and the potential future outlook for the industry.
In your response, please indicate what aspects you are able to discuss and what professional experience allows you to do so.
This project has a budget.+8 Other Responses