Hi zintro expert,
the zintro blog needs you! we are looking for expert opinions on the news mentioned below and would like to include your point of view. We realize your time is valuable, so here is a brief summary of what we are looking for:
*a brief answer to the prompt about 1-2 paragraphs including your full name
*participation is voluntary no payment will be involved
*if chosen, you will be named in the post and we'll include a link to your zintro profile which will generate more visitors for you
topic and prompt
researchers with the fralin life science institute atvirginia tech have identified a gene responsible for sex determination in mosquitoes that transmit yellow fever, dengue, and chikungunya viruses.
Only female mosquitoes bite because they need blood for developing eggs, and researchers believe that a higher ratio of males could reduce disease transmission.
In a study published thursday in science express, the scientists identify a male-determining genetic switch called nix in aedes aegypti mosquitoes that underlies the difference between males and females. These master switches often reside in genomic black holes, which is why none had been found in mosquitoes or other insects before.
What are your thoughts?
Getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity. If interested, please send a response to the prompt via znotes within 1-2 days. Don't forget to include your full name.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
the zintro blog team
wondering what the post would look like? Here is a sample:
http://blog.Zintro.Com/2014/08/14/rosetta-completes-10-year-trip-deep-space+3 Other Responses
Vice president of molecular diagnostics
a client of mine is seeking a vice president of molecular diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of molecular diagnostic services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a visionary individual to lead the clinical team and act decisively to implement solutions that optimize clinical reporting and deliver the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the vice president interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and responsibilities:
* act as clia site director for the clinical molecular testing program
* medical affairs liaison function to service our expanding commercial enterprise of sales, marketing, payer relations, and customer service
* provide hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
* work with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
* remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services
* establish relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
* maintain an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
* md/phd with board certification as a medical geneticist able to meet clia requirements for a site director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting.
* general familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including clia, iso, glp and hipaa.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* possess a decisive decision making and efficient management style.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions.+12 Other Responses
I'm in need of an expert in genetic mutations. For i am conducting a project on human evolution. And if it could be forced on a human body. My interest is if the genetic structure of the human body and skeleton fiber could be strengthen and reformed into something greater. In other words is it possible to force evolve a human?+8 Other Responses