Senior director medical genomics - software and bioinformatics
my client is a clia-certified genetic diagnostic testing company that combines the power of genetic analysis technology with the clinical expertise of the world’s best pediatric specialists to inform and improve patient care. My client offers a range of services that take the guesswork out of test ordering and support clinicians as they navigate an increasingly complex landscape of genetic diagnostics. Our interpretive services are based on the most up-to-date and reliable findings and our reports are designed to clearly communicate this complex information. Originally boston children’s hospital’s clia-certified molecular testing laboratory, and launched as an independent clia laboratory in february 2013, we have comprehensive tests, with new next-generation sequencing-based services being added to our menu on a regular basis.
We seek a visionary leader to develop and oversee the execution of a plan to build and integrate the genomic and clinical information software and bioinformatics tools necessary for a full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics business. The successful candidate will act decisively to implement solutions and information systems that enable the delivery of next-generation diagnostic services to improve the health of children. The individual has the opportunity to impact the field of next generation sequencing by developing and implementing powerful, platform-agnostic tools that are integrated into a clinical laboratory setting. More importantly, these tools will enable the empowerment of patients and families with clinically-relevant information that informs medical care, and will help bring the use of complex genomics into clinical use. The individual will work as a member of the executive team in a dynamic and collaborative environment and will have the opportunity to collaborate with clinical, research and informatics experts at the best pediatric hospitals in the country.
Role and responsibilities:
* plan, direct, support, and coordinate all aspects of software and informatics to ensure goals and objectives for the company are achieved.
* manage a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, bioinformaticians, and information systems support staff.
* integrate software and informatics team across the organization including research and assay development, clinical and non-clinical laboratory operations, project management and client services to build and support software and bioinformatics systems through clear identification and prioritization of needs.
* appropriate management and delivery of prioritized project plans and times including use of the agile methods for software development.
* ensure infrastructure exists to support software and informatics solutions in the clinical and research production environments.
* build creative solutions for data analytics.
* maintain an environment of computational excellence, striving for agile delivery and continuous improvement for software and informatics solutions.
* establish and maintain collaborations with computational/software experts including colleagues from the boston children’s hospital, cincinnati children’s medical center, thermofisher enterprise solutions group, and cerner corp.
* ph.D. In computer science, bioinformatics or equivalent with minimum of five years’ experience in or related to genomic/molecular science.
* experience in building software architecture and databases for managing diverse genomic data.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines including biology, human genetics, genetic counselors and medical directors demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion and energy to the workplace.+10 Other Responses
Genomics & Transcriptomics Services
I am looking for experts with experience in the genomics and transcriptomics services industry. To better understand the market, i would like further discuss on the following topics
1. How do global pharmaceutical companies handle currently handle their requirement for these services? (case studies)
2.What are the industry best practices when outsourcing for these services?
3. What are the potential risks and challenges that need to be considered?
4.Information on the martet size, growth drivers and trends
regards+undefined Other Responses
Next Generation Sequencing (ngs)
Next generation sequencing services market
we are looking for experts with a deep understanding of the next generation sequencing market. We would also like to understand the following aspects of the industry;
• market information
• supplier-client engagement and pricing models
• platforms being used by top mid-sized and large pharmaceutical companies
• emerging technologies
please contact us if you would be interested. We will provide specific details upon request.+11 Other Responses
Genetic Counseling In Massachusetts
Job titile: genetic counselor
this job post has been authorized by zintro.
My client are offering a generous relocation package of $5000 along with salary of upwards of $100k!
zintro is also willing to provide a success fee of $1000 for a successful referral candidate.
education / experience requisites:
- ma/ms in human genetics / genetic counseling
- abgc/abmg board certified or active status for abgc
- massachusetts license or provisional license
- review fetal, postnatal and oncology specimens/test requisitions as they are received into the cytogenetics and molecular diagnostic laboratories to ensure that the appropriate sample(s) has been sent, that appropriate testing has been ordered and essential information about the patient has been provided.
- coordinate complex prenatal cases and serve as a resource to clients.
- review and sign out molecular test results under the direction of the clinical molecular geneticists. Communicate abnormal test results to health care professionals. Provide recommendations for follow-up.
- provide active guidance to lab support staff and sales team.
- perform literature searches when sequence variants are identified.
- may write policies, procedures, abstracts, or posters.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.+7 Other Responses