I am looking for sourcing consultants and sourcing managers who have handled glassware category in the past. This project is executed for one of the top 5 beer manufacturers in the world. Professionals who have in depth knowledge in answering the following questions can respond to this request
1. How do major beer & spirit giants spread globally (ab inbev, sabmiller, heineken, carlsberg, diageo, bacardi)source glassware? Kindly provide sourcing approaches adopted by each company.
2. Do they engage with regional glassware players for each region or do they engage with global players with multiple manufacturing facilities?
3. Which for these companies use punch out catalogs for purchasing glassware globally?
4. How is the supply market for glassware structured? Which are the some of the regions for sourcing? Who are the major players in the market?
5. Forex risk & shipping costs are seen as major challenges. What could be the ideal sourcing practice & contractual terms to mitigate these?
6. What are some of the best practices adopted to consolidate volume and increase cost savings in glassware category
7. We need case studies on success stories in sourcing glassware effectively
experts with in depth knowledge on the above questions kindly respond to this request. We would want this information within a time frame of 1 week.
Best regards,+3 Other Responses
Polymer Coated Glass
I need to coat 100-300 um glass beads with an amphiphilic block copolymer. However, the hydrophilic portion of the polymer should be on the "outside", whereas the hydrophobic portion should be "in contact" with the glass beads. The problem is that the glass beads are hydrophilic in nature. I have been thinking about silanizing the surface of the glass beads to accomplish this. Any recommendations about how to do this and what polymers should i try? I'm looking to adsorb the polymer to the surface, rather than chemically attach it. Thanks.+6 Other Responses