Climate Change Risks And Impact Assessment
Climate change risks and impact assessment experience sme (certified carbon reduction manager (crm) - from energy & utility background)
we are currently working on this opportunity for providing consulting services for climate change risks and impact on client’s business
scope of work covers the following:
• detailed impact assessment of the identified risks in light of global, regional and uae specific climate change trends , assessment of the existing and forthcoming strategies, policies and action plans prioritized based on the level of impact on client’s operations (e.G. Likelihood of a weather event occurring and severity).
• analyze the vulnerabilities and identify possible effects on client’s most sensitive operations with respect to the demand drivers (air cooling demand increase, water desalination increase, demand patterns etc.) and possible effect on client’s supply infrastructure (turbine efficiency, plant cooling efficiency, coastal infrastructure flooding risk, salinity increase in arabian gulf, transmission loses, sub-stations and plant specifications etc.) and network.
• conduct a qualitative and quantitative valuation for the most material facets. In terms of impact, the consultant might consider using different metrics necessary for client to quantify the risks (revenues, operational costs, social cost of carbon, mitigation goals etc.).
• consideration on adaptation options that increase the resilience of client’s operations to the impacts of a changing climate prioritized based on criteria recommended by us and identify the adaptive capacity of client.
• resilience plan to improve client’s adaptive capacity and respond to various climate change risks.
• response measure in merit order to account of climate change risks.
• model and tools to support client in periodic updates of the resilience plan.
• proposed growth scenario (s) in a ‘regulated climate change’ situation.
• working plan for the alignment with or integration of climate change risks into client’s corporate risk management portfolio and business planning.
• relevant risk architecture, monitoring, stress testing, triggers and actions.
• recommend appropriate financing models for the plan to be implemented.
• training manual and material preparation
• facilitate training
• certified carbon reduction manager (crm) by the association of energy engineers, or equivalent
if you feel this is your area of interest and meet any of the above three experience requirements, then please reply with your relevant experience.
saurabh+6 Other Responses
i am working on a major tender for one of the big multinational gold mining companies in ghana. The truth however is we simply do not have the required local expertise to deliver such a technical project, i thought you will have the required competence to deliver this highly technical safety consulting and risk management project.
The consultant will be retained by the client to:
· assist with the design of a the client's occupational health and safety (hereafter safety) management system aligned with international standards for occupational health and safety (ohsas 18001) and risk management (iso 31000) to specifically address risks associated with the underground operations;
· assist with the development of management system documentation for the two developing underground operations – including but not limited to ohs and emergency response standards, and safe working procedures for all critical tasks and key emergency response scenarios;
· assist with ensuring consistency in terminology and approach within individual swps across the clients underground business units;
· assist with developing emergency response processes aligned with international standards for our two underground operations – including but not limited to frameworks for crisis management team, emergency response team structure and ‘manning’, emergency systems and equipment requirements, emergency response procedures including accountabilities, and duty cards for identified key emergency scenarios
· undertake training and desk top simulations for the crisis management team to build capacity and knowledge and identify gaps.
Also, please see the most important requirements and pre-qualification criterias:
consultant qualifications and experience
in order to effectively deliver the scope of work it is anticipated that the consultant will be able to demonstrate specific skills, knowledge and behaviours.
undergraduate and/or post graduate qualifications in hse or equivalent, and/or plus 5 years demonstrated performance as a lead/champion in such disciplines is required.
Over 5 years of experience in an underground hard rock mining environment is a pre-requisite. Familiarity with underground mechanized mining and hand-held mining is highly desirable.
Qualifications or demonstrated experience as a workplace trainer/assessor will be highly regarded. The consultant will be required to provide examples of training and assessment materials that they have developed.
The consultant will have demonstrated, in previous projects of this type, that they employ a collaborative, and consultation style, that leads clients to appropriate outcomes. They are adaptive, and recognize the need for gaining input to problem solving and recognizing the need to adapt to the prevailing skill sets.
Experience working in africa will be well regarded.
demonstrated familiarity with underground emergency management scenarios, standards and specifications is required. The consultant may be required to provide evidence of experience in conduct of underground er inspections and audits.
Qualifications or demonstrated experience in emergency management protocols, such as aiims (australia), cims (usa) , saimm (rsa) or equivalent inter-agency coordinated incident management system, and demonstrated performance as a crisis management team member will be highly regarded.
Qualifications or demonstrated experience in emergency response techniques and equipment, such as closed and open circuit breathing apparatus, occupational first aid, rope/line rescue, search and rescue, fire-fighting and hazmat, and demonstrated performance as an emergency response team member will be highly regarded.
We have very limited time to submit a bid so a prompt response will be invaluable. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Many thanks.
franklin+6 Other Responses
Risk Management Services
We are looking for senior experts (current and/or past employees) who can help us to understand their current and future business and growth strategies, products and services, strengths and weaknesses etc.
This would be 45 - 60 mins of paid phone consultation.
1. How many years of experience do you have ?
2. On a scale of 1 - 10 (1 – no knowledgeable, 10 – highly knowledgeable)how knowledgeable would you say you are to give insights on the given points of discussion below.
1. Timeline of their m&a activity
2. Total revenue over last 15 years
3. Cash and capital
margins – non gaap ( i.E. Adjusted)
- employee count
- organic growth
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated
+27 Other Responses