I gave a substantial deposit to a canadian company conducting business in my state--washington. They've stolen my deposit, but their boiler-plate contract specifies that legal action must be pursued in the province of ontario. Lawyers in wa have told me that this term is unenforceable. Need advice, please?+3 Other Responses
Legal Process Outsourcing Awareness And Perception
We are currently working on a project wherein we want to understand the respondents’ awareness, perception and trends related to outsourcing of legal processes and the various lpo providers. The project also aims at understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various lpo providers. We aim at conducting 25-30 minute telephonic discussion.
Typical or expected job titles:
· manager+ level legal executives at law firms or legal divisions of corporates, who have considered legal process outsourcing in the last 24 months
· key decision makers related to legal processes/legal division in corporate organizations including general counsel, deputy general counsel, associate general counsel, senior legal operations executives and legal directors etc.
· key decision makers working in law firms including legal discovery executives, litigation directors and senior executives, partners and senior attorneys, legal technology procurement executives etc.
· must have outsourced legal processes (e-discovery, document review, other legal processes) of their organization in the last 12 months
· must have been a key decision maker in the selection of the vendor
companies in this space of interest: law firms and law divisions of corporate
geography: us and uk +25 Other Responses
we need some legal expertise on the following:
1. Additional information on the gatekeeper and center led model of legal-procurement team to provide more clarity.
2. More clarity on the ideal partnership structure (legal and procurement teams) in an organization.
Thanks!+6 Other Responses
Legal Service Billing Rate
I am looking for expertise in the legal services (law firms) category with respect to the billing rates charged by law firms in belgium, switzerland and uk.
the questions are as follows:
1) what are the macro-economic factors that affect billing rates charged by law firms (like inflation rates, salary, cpi, etc). ? a weightage for each factor in relation to it's impact on billing rates?
2) what are the country-specific factors that have an impact on the billing rates charged by law firms? A weightage for each factor in relation to it's impact on billing rates.Geographical scope: belgium, switzerland and uk
thanks and looking forward to your response+8 Other Responses
Our us firm is looking for 2-3 us-based experts in the legal technology space.
we are interested in learning about trends in law firm spending on legal technology, the future of sharepoint as it relates to legal as well as other verticals, among other related questions.
-buyer of services or vendor of services around sharepoint/portals to legal could be a good fit.
-someone who worked for microsoft in sharepoint would be great, but ideal expert is probably a medium-large law firm it manager/cto/cio or consultant to the space
referrals are also welcomed, thank you.+27 Other Responses
Legal Services (lpo) Procurement
Looking for experts in legal services and legal process outsourcing (lpo) segment. Interested in understanding the technology tools and procurement strategies.
Particularly interested in knowing how large organizations (mainly pharma/cpg) are engaging with legal services providers. What are the benefits obtained? Success factors.
Key questions are:
1. How the savings can be generated while engaging with an lpo
2. How long it takes to realize the savings
3. Is there opportunity to outsource the intellectual property and trademark work, what are the technology and innovation in the segment
3. E-discovery technology changes
4. Use of ai (ross) in the legal services by corporate counsel and law firms
5. Contracting with lpo through a law firm or directly: pros and cons
would like to know how companies like p&g, roche, j&j, pfizer are sourcing the legal services and the learning and experiences from there. (case studies)
samir+9 Other Responses
Legal Services & Debt Collection In Mexico
I am looking for expertise in the legal services and debt collection category with respect to certain insights on the legal market as to which are the top law firms and debt collection agencies in mexico providing legal recovery, legal corporate review services and debt collection services.
Legal recovery services include: mortgage, credit cards, payroll loans, cars and consumer loan services.
Legal corporate review services include review of legal documentation provided by clients to the bank.
Debt collection services include: mortgage, credit cards, payroll loans, cars and consumer loan services.
With respect to the above i would want insights on the following questions:
1) which are the law firms and debt collection agencies providing the aforementioned services?
2) what are the current payment models adopted by these law firms or debt collection agencies
- how many of them charge alternate fee arrangements? (example: fixed fee, capped fee, flat fee etc.)
- what do they charge as percentage of fee by stage of case and what is the percentage?
3) what is the alternative mechanisms of payment (example: payment made based on success of case, efficiency rate of performance, incentive based pricing etc.)
thanks and looking forward to your response.+3 Other Responses
Legal Market Overview
Hello! i am looking for some expertise on the following:-1. Legal market overview (market size, growth & outlook and key trends pertaining to suppliers, buyers and technology)2. Procurement best practices on legal sourcing models, legal engagement models and contract structure.
3. Legal kpis.Looking forward to your responses!+6 Other Responses
Legal Services In Pharmaceutical
We have the following requirements in trademarks, patents and ip legal services area:
1. Sourcing model followed by large pharma companies:
a. Local/regional/global suppliers for all the ip, trademarks, copyrights and patents services in large pharma companies
b. Centralised, decentralised sourcing strategy for all the ip, trademarks, copyrights and patents services in large pharma companies
2. Engagement model followed by large pharma companies:
a. Do they engage single/multiple suppliers for all the ip, trademarks, copyrights and patents services
3. Pricing models followed by large pharma companies? Please mention the most common pricing model followed by large pharma companies when engaging suppliers of ip, trademarks, copyrights and patents service providers globally
4. Case study of pharma companies following sourcing and engagement models: we need example of companies such as pfizer, abbott, & novartis engaging the suppliers for all the ip, trademarks, copyrights and patent services globally
do share your contact number and email id. If you can answer the above questions we set up a initial call to discuss the requirements.+7 Other Responses
Legal Rates In Apac
We are looking for an expert that can help us with a project about legal rates for apac region/hong kong urgent
we are currently involved in an internal study to understand the average rate for legal services in apac region/hong kong and are seeking experts who can assist us in this regard.
1) to understand average legal services rate for apac region / hong kong for following attorney levels:
• associate (1-3 years’ experience)
• associate(4-6 years’ experience)
• associate(7+ years’ experience)
• jr. Partners (1-5 years)
• partner (6-10 years)
• senior partner (10+ years)
2) legal services standard rate of partner and associate for 5 to 10 legal firms in hong kong / apac region.+5 Other Responses
Legal Services Fees
I am a senior research analyst working on a report for legal services. I am looking for expertise on the following aspect:
the percentage of alternate fee arrangements and hourly rates in the fee models adopted (for eg: 75% of fee is in form of hourly rate and 25% in form of afas), by practice area.
The practice areas for which we need the breakup are litigation, intellectual property, corporate and mergers & acquisition.
Thank you!+9 Other Responses
Legal Services Procurement
We are a global market research firm and are seeking experts who can assist us in understanding “legal services”.
We are specifically focusing on onshore and offshore legal services such as patent litigation, patent prosecution, government investigations, ediscovery & document review and transactional legal services.
1. Sourcing practices & demand management (from the perspective of a global pharma company)
a. Role of procurement vs. The role of legal operations (preferably pharmaceutical industry)
b. Demand management – which services should be done internally and which should be outsourced to law firms or other legal service providers?
C. Sourcing models – best practices & case studies
d. Quick wins for procurement in legal services & detailed negotiation levers
e. Best practice to engage with law firms (strategic alliances, msa’s, agreement letters etc.)
a. Is it prevalent to have msa’s in place for outside council?
B. Examples of msa’s and agreement letters
2. Work allocation mix for each service – what is the appropriate mix of partners/attorney/support staff/paralegal etc. For various phases of patent litigation, patent prosecution and government investigations?
3. Optimal type of pricing/fee models (time/material, alternative fee arrangements, blended rates, flat fees, collars etc.) for each service.
We are looking for a phone consultation for a time period of 1 hour to discuss all points mentioned above. Kindly drop in a note with your relevant experience in the ‘legal services’, if you are interested to proceed.
thomas+15 Other Responses