We are a market research firm and are currently working on a project based on automotive glass. The following are the set of custom requirements we are focusing on:
1) aftermarket windsheild supply chain from glazers to installers.
2) the pricing strategy of the windsheilds in aftermarket and regulations for replacing the windsheild across geographies except for us.
3) windshields aftermarket equipped with vehicle models from 2006 to 2017.
4) percentage share of laminated and tempered glass used in sunroof across various geographies.
We are actually interested in scheduling a call to avoid ambiguity in the content.+10 Other Responses
Borosilicate Glass Manufacturing
We are looking to speak with an expert on borosilicate glass manufacturing to help with a utility patent on a modular beverage (two-piece) tumbler. We are working through a manufacturing intermediary to address an issue on the tolerance of the glass production for the core and its fitment into the shell.
This is a paid 1-hour phone interview. If interested, kindly respond with a brief summary of your knowledge and experience in the space and an answer to the question below:
1. Are there alternative manufacturing techniques that can produce the glass core at the minimum order quantities (moq) desired or will have to change the design?+7 Other Responses
i have an idea for a completely new application for using a digital camera, which if this is technically possible, i believe could become a revolutionary product for a very specific industry. In order to see if my idea is even possible, i need to ask a question or two.
I am relatively ignorant when it comes to understanding the distances of digital cameras relative to their zoom capabilities. So my question is, what is the range that can be practically and optimally achieved using the best commercially available cameras we have today? For instance, suppose there is a 2’x2’ sign with 1” letters say 500 yards away as an example, and using optical and/or digital lens(es) be able to zoom in and view and read that sign well enough that it can fill a 3”x3” screen on the camera? Am i talking science fiction here? If so, at what distances could one expect to achieve that capability? Would such a camera need a lens so large it would become impractical to use, and/or the cost be prohibitive (for example, under $1,000).
I am looking to develop a product that has the capability to zoom in at these distances for a specific application. But i have no idea whether or not this is even realistic.
Thanks in advance for the help.+8 Other Responses