Shipping And Logistics
I am trying to identify experts who can help me understand global shipping and logistics practices (including organsiation structure, type of services vcovered by in-house teams, channel;s and ports used, type of vessels/ports etc. Owned, kpis used etc.) of leading steel manufacturers such as arcelormittal and jsw steel.+18 Other Responses
i am reaching out to you for one of my projects.
I am primarily trying to understand the shipping and logistics practices undertaken by leading steel manufacturers, starting with arcelormittal and jsw steel, with aim to identify best practices among these companies. Some of questions pertaining to arcelormittal include the following:
• i understand that arcelormittal (am) has been managing their logistical and shipping needs in a much organised manner through am shipping and logistics. Are these two entities responsible for managing end-to-end shipping and logistics, or is there any other team within arcelormittal steel that is also responsible for these functions?
O i see that am shipping and logistics are mainly concentrated in european region with china office for managing logistics in the asia pacific region. Is the role of am shipping and logistics limited to these regions only?
O we understand that the am brazil division is managing all shipping and logistical (rail/road/maritime) requirements internally, through a team within am brazil. Is that correct? Can you help us understand what kind arrangements have been made to manage shipping and logistics in other regions?
• how exactly different shipping and logistics entities of am go about managing different functions such as chartering vessels and engaging ports etc.? is the decision making decentralised among different regional offices, with each office planning, chartering and managing shipping for am plants situated in its region?
• in terms of types of ports used, i understand from our research that am logistics has tie-ups with over 150 commercial ports worldwide. Though this is understandable for a company as large as am, we expect some of these ports to contribute for a significant amount of inbound and outbound logistics for the company. Can you help me understand what kind of ports hold strategic importance to company's supply chain.
O does am prefer using the largest ports in the region or does it stick to ports that are more exclusively (or as a % of their overall operations) engaged with am? Does the company own any ports or exclusive rights to use any commercial ports for its steelmaking operations?
• can you help me understand the overall scale of operations handled by am’s shipping and logistics division? A rough estimate or a range of material transported or total logistical spend will suffice.
O how does the company go about performance review of this shipping and logistics team? How often is this review done (bi-monthly/monthly/quarterly) and what are the different types of kpis used for reviewing chartering, shipping, logistics, ports and other rail/road operations?
I will be glad to set up a consultation call with you if you feel you can help me in this regard.
aggarwal+9 Other Responses
I would like to come out with an logistic portal in india, i need experts guidance and suggestions. In this business i want the shipping, logistics,clearing & forwarders & transport to meet in a single place and get their needs done.+11 Other Responses
Nickel Trading And Cargo Transport
i'm working on a project that i have to deliver soon, if someone can help me i would be really happy, i have already met all the info from africa but i dont seem to find anything from china, please this is for a job if i cannot deliver on time i will be fire :(((( need to find information about suppliers of nickel ore from africa and china. You can have a look in other countries, but at least 5 african countries and 10 chinese companies. On each company you must specify:
2. Geography (picture in google maps with marking).
3. If possible photos of a mine or factory and product.
4. Year of foundation and number of employees.
5. Exw pricing on the content of nickel of more than 2.5%.
6. The chemical composition of their products.
7. What other products, except for nickel ore, they produce.
8. Do people speak spanish?
9. Contact person with whom you communicate (preferably hispanic)
10. Terms of delivery.
11. Prices on terms fob valencia the content of nickel of more than 2.5%.
also need to find information about interpreters who provide services of cargo transport from africa:
2. Shipping cost: valencia - milan.
3. Insurance of goods offered by the carrier.+4 Other Responses