Marine Shipping Cold Chain Logistics
We are looking to do multiple paid phone consultations with sales managers or operations managers from a major ocean carrier company/ container (that uses refrigerated ships) who have experience in cold chain logistics and reefer containers. The candidate must have knowledge of the overall container carrier market, including market sizes and the needs of hygroscopic cargo (such as coffee, tea, tobacco, paper, or powder) or perishable goods. Knowledge of energy usage and dehumidification requirements are also strongly preferred.
To demonstrate your relevance, please consider briefly answering the question:
1. Can you share your background with cold chain logistics and reefer containers?
2. Would you be able to discuss your knowledge in the overall container carrier market and the needs of hygroscopic cargoes or perishable goods?
3. Can you discuss your experience in the energy usage and dehumidification process in this space?+20 Other Responses
i am reaching out to you for one of my projects.
I am primarily trying to understand the shipping and logistics practices undertaken by leading steel manufacturers, starting with arcelormittal and jsw steel, with aim to identify best practices among these companies. Some of questions pertaining to arcelormittal include the following:
• i understand that arcelormittal (am) has been managing their logistical and shipping needs in a much organised manner through am shipping and logistics. Are these two entities responsible for managing end-to-end shipping and logistics, or is there any other team within arcelormittal steel that is also responsible for these functions?
O i see that am shipping and logistics are mainly concentrated in european region with china office for managing logistics in the asia pacific region. Is the role of am shipping and logistics limited to these regions only?
O we understand that the am brazil division is managing all shipping and logistical (rail/road/maritime) requirements internally, through a team within am brazil. Is that correct? Can you help us understand what kind arrangements have been made to manage shipping and logistics in other regions?
• how exactly different shipping and logistics entities of am go about managing different functions such as chartering vessels and engaging ports etc.? is the decision making decentralised among different regional offices, with each office planning, chartering and managing shipping for am plants situated in its region?
• in terms of types of ports used, i understand from our research that am logistics has tie-ups with over 150 commercial ports worldwide. Though this is understandable for a company as large as am, we expect some of these ports to contribute for a significant amount of inbound and outbound logistics for the company. Can you help me understand what kind of ports hold strategic importance to company's supply chain.
O does am prefer using the largest ports in the region or does it stick to ports that are more exclusively (or as a % of their overall operations) engaged with am? Does the company own any ports or exclusive rights to use any commercial ports for its steelmaking operations?
• can you help me understand the overall scale of operations handled by am’s shipping and logistics division? A rough estimate or a range of material transported or total logistical spend will suffice.
O how does the company go about performance review of this shipping and logistics team? How often is this review done (bi-monthly/monthly/quarterly) and what are the different types of kpis used for reviewing chartering, shipping, logistics, ports and other rail/road operations?
I will be glad to set up a consultation call with you if you feel you can help me in this regard.
aggarwal+9 Other Responses
I would like to come out with an logistic portal in india, i need experts guidance and suggestions. In this business i want the shipping, logistics,clearing & forwarders & transport to meet in a single place and get their needs done.+11 Other Responses
Nickel Trading And Cargo Transport
i'm working on a project that i have to deliver soon, if someone can help me i would be really happy, i have already met all the info from africa but i dont seem to find anything from china, please this is for a job if i cannot deliver on time i will be fire :(((( need to find information about suppliers of nickel ore from africa and china. You can have a look in other countries, but at least 5 african countries and 10 chinese companies. On each company you must specify:
2. Geography (picture in google maps with marking).
3. If possible photos of a mine or factory and product.
4. Year of foundation and number of employees.
5. Exw pricing on the content of nickel of more than 2.5%.
6. The chemical composition of their products.
7. What other products, except for nickel ore, they produce.
8. Do people speak spanish?
9. Contact person with whom you communicate (preferably hispanic)
10. Terms of delivery.
11. Prices on terms fob valencia the content of nickel of more than 2.5%.
also need to find information about interpreters who provide services of cargo transport from africa:
2. Shipping cost: valencia - milan.
3. Insurance of goods offered by the carrier.+4 Other Responses
Shipping And Logistics
I am trying to identify experts who can help me understand global shipping and logistics practices (including organsiation structure, type of services vcovered by in-house teams, channel;s and ports used, type of vessels/ports etc. Owned, kpis used etc.) of leading steel manufacturers such as arcelormittal and jsw steel.+18 Other Responses
Perishable Cargo Shipping
Need advice on shipping perishable goods for gift delivery+4 Other Responses
We are looking to speak with a shipping industry expert who can help us understands numbers around total size (revenues) in the industry, with a focus on the capex, depreciation and labor costs associated with loading and unloading shipping containers, and moving them ground to ground on ports. Specifically, what are the drivers of cost in moving containers? How does it break down across systems (cranes vs lifts vs management systems/software), what are the different components of labor cost (people/hours).
We are looking for a global perspective (it is a global industry).+17 Other Responses
We are looking for experts in the apac region working / worked (in the past) with logistics players in sea/air freight and contract logistics who have in-depth
1. Understanding about the market dynamics of the logistics industry
2. Understanding of the products such as air freight, sea freight, road freight, contract logistics
3. What commodities are imported/exported majorly from which countries in the apac region, globally.
4. Understanding of the challenges faced by logistics service providers within apac region (shipping within apac or globally)
%. How the logistics industry will shape up in the next 5 years (by 2022)+13 Other Responses
Dry Bulk Cargo Shipping Services
i am looking for experts who can provide insights about the following queries:
category: shipping services for dry bulk cargo
region in focus: latam
1. How is the landscape of shipping service providers in latam?
2. Who are the top 20 shipping service providers in latam for shipping?
3. What are the types of contracts available and preferred by shippers in this regards?
4. What are the best practices involved in contracting with shipping companies?
5. What are the key sla/kpi involved in this process?
Please let us know if you are interested, and i will be happy to share a detailed questionnaire.
Thanks in advance!+5 Other Responses
Cargo Airline Feasibility
Feasibility study for a new start up cargo airline that will operate between china, hong kong and japan to all major cities in europe, such as brussels, frankfurt, paris, barcelona etc.
We will be using an all cargo b 747-400 aircraft.+14 Other Responses
Kenya Ports Time And Motion Study
Our firm has been shortlisted for the attached ports time and motion study, and we are seeking a firm and experts in time & motion studies to supplement our port expertise for this proposal. We need an expert with experience in cargo handling, port logistics, transport operations, and computer modeling.+7 Other Responses
I have a need for u.S.A. Distribution for my online products. We ship to the us and it would be much simpler to have someone local doing it. Paul+5 Other Responses