Rapid Prototyping For Store Fixtures In Us
We would like to gain knowledge about the current and best practices for engaging with suppliers for developing prototypes for store fixtures. We are looking for an expert with expertise in sourcing store fixtures.
Our questions are,
1. What is the usual process of engagement with suppliers for creating prototypes before the roll out phase?
2. Are suppliers willing to provide prototyping as a separate paid service without competing for the final roll out?
3. We also require a sample of a itemized bill for fixture prototypes.
We require a quick phone consult for about half an hour with the expert.
Please respond with your relevance to this request and a few availability windows for the phone consultation.
+13 Other Responses
Electric Wire Assembly
A home furnishing company is seeking an electrical wire assembly consultant. The primary responsibility of the electrical wiring assembly consultant is to streamline the electrical wiring process in order to drive productivity, quality and accuracy, and meet company objectives. The duration of this position is approximately one to two months and involves working with a small team with complex lighting fixtures.
- design, develop, document and execute an electrical wiring assembly for light fixtures, including chandeliers, sconces and custom lighting pieces
- ensure new assembly process optimizes workflow of lighting pieces
- evaluate new processes and make necessary improvements to meet best practices, and record all deviations and modifications from original design
- interpret supplied specifications, wiring materials, work orders, lead times to efficiently incorporate into assembly
- develop and incorporate checklists for lighting fixtures entering and exiting assembly
- create and implement accurate time reporting and accurate entries on assembly and quality control
- evaluate efficient operation and utilization of wiring equipment and tools, and make necessary recommendation, including crimping and soldering
- inspect wiring pieces to verify conformance to company standards
- ensure the wiring process and assembly complies with osha standards
- communicate with management and team members to ensure new work performance correlates with expectations
- train and evaluate the wiring team on new assembly processes including processes, techniques, proper use of equipment and quality checks
- lead, motivate and foster positive team morale within the wiring unit to ensure transfer of knowledge
- evaluate the wiring team's efficiency and productivity, and make necessary recommendations
- support execution of work safety programs and training
- complete other work-related duties as dictated by the business and management
- 10+ years of experience in electrical wiring of quality pieces, preferably chandeliers and other lighting fixtures, while meeting tight deadline or short lead-time
- aa degree in related field
- experience creating and implementing a successful assembly line within the electrical field
- must have a solid understanding of hand soldering and manipulation skills
- professional experience leading and guiding a group or team towards a common goal, preferably within the wiring industry
- strong strategic leadership skills with an outgoing, motivated approach with assertive, independent decision-making skills
- execute with extreme accuracy and efficiency
- effectively take direction well from the principals and the design team
- excellent mathematical skills
- professional and effective oral and written communication skills
- ability to prioritize and handle multiple work tasks
- organized and detail-oriented
- bilingual in english and spanish preferred+9 Other Responses