Distribution And Logistics
I’m looking for experts who can help me in understanding distribution and logistics fulfillment service provider scenario in europe at following locations:
a) heathrow (united kingdom)
b) dundalk (ireland)
following are specific questions :-
1) list of service providers having facilities in heathrow (united kingdom) or dundalk (ireland) and nearby regions, capable of offering fulfilment and vmi(vendor managed inventory) services catering to healthcare industry. Please include if they fall under category of minority, small business, women-owned business and diverse supplier
2) order fulfilment pricing structure:
• what is the prevalent pricing model adopted by distribution and fulfillment service providers in heathrow (united kingdom) and dundalk (ireland) for fulfilment services?
• also please provide indicative rates for warehousing services (like cost per container/pallet/box receipt, pallet or shelf storage cost, packaging fee, pick & pack fee)
3) transportation pricing structure:
• what is the prevalent pricing model adopted by distribution and fulfilment service providers in heathrow (united kingdom) and dundalk (ireland) for shipping and transportation services (like average cost for parcel delivery, cost through carrier delivery).
• please provide indicative rates for above mentioned services charged by service providers.+3 Other Responses
Logistics Operational Improvement And Optimization
We are looking for experts who can speak on the logistics operational excellence and competitive landscape within south africa. We are interested with experienced candidates with focus on logistics operational improvement and optimization projects and with the following expertise:
- proven experience of assisting/ leading research and analysis in market and industry data to make recommendations on approach and strategy.
- expertise in the development of long-term competitive strategies.
- in-depth understanding of industry trends and developments in infrastructure capacity and modes of transport within south africa.
- proven experience of leading successful operational improvement projects for a logistics service provider in south africa (e.G. Optimizing asset productivity and supply chain management).
- experience of leading cost optimization projects focused on an assessment of the degree of optimization between business units within a value chain (e.G. Team and operating model, synergies in systems and processes).
- knowledge and previous application of operational excellence methodologies specifically in terms of transport, terminal services and warehousing, stevedoring facilities, digital technology solutions, clearing and forwarding.
- knowledge of the agricultural and dry bulk logistics industry within south africa.
- in-depth knowledge supported by data points on capacity utilization, market share, players, and infrastructure developments and transnet capacity.
This is a paid 1 - 2 hours phone consultation. Please respond with a brief answer as to your relevance to this space:
1. Can you discuss the levers to operational excellence in logistics?
2. Can you discuss the key success factors and current best practices to creating synergies between business units across a logistics value chain?
3. What are the challenges inherent to the south african logistics industry?
4. What are the trends and migrations in modes of transport (e.G. From rail to road)?
5. Can you discuss the existing and potential infrastructure developments within the logistics sector in south africa? What are their implications and key success factors?
6. Can you identify key success factors to becoming a unique service provider within south africa while considering the competitive landscape and trends in consumer demands.
+6 Other Responses
Transportation And Logistics
To whom it may concern,
my name is zhannat, i'm an assistant manager from , kazakhstan. My team is currently looking for a subject matter expert in transportation and logistics (mining industry) to provide credible recommendations for a client that provides logistics services in kazakhstan and other countries. Generally, they cover kazakhstan's railway but also they have transportation container business which over the world via international ports (e.G. Riga and etc). They have very rudimentary processes leveraging excel and home grown systems for managing their transportation function. I am preparing the proposal for them and they are looking for the leading practices solutions which will cover their needs, in particular:
1. Fleet management.
2. Planning (freight volumes plan) and execution. Planning by year, month and day.
2. Tracking of fleet loading on the rout/fleet movements track (maybe by gps, but now they don't use this technology).
3. Integration with gis for kazakhstan map (but now they don't use this technology)
4. Analytical module which will allow them to design optimized rout for wagons/containers in accordance with clients' orders. !!! this is critical for them. There is the biggest benefit.
5. Crm (relationship with clients).
The client wants our point of view and experience in addressing these issues. They are also evaluating their options of implementing application solutions (sap being one of them).
We are looking for a collaboration with one of your experts to provide some possible solution to the client. Could you please provide us with cvs of potential subject matter experts that were working on related projects (especially, i am interested in the logistic companies and solutions which you have implemented). If you are interested in this project, i would like to organise a video conference with the ceo of the client company in the nearest future.
zhannat+10 Other Responses
E Commerce Logistics In India
We are looking to speak to someone who has experience in ecommerce logistics sector in india. We would like to understand the unit economics of ecommerce logistics across the value chain like fulfillment centers, line haulage, distribution centers, last mile delivery.+7 Other Responses
International Transportation & Logistics
We`re looking for an expert in the field of international transportation and logistics and also, specifically, in russia. Preferable experts from dhl, fedex, spsr express, sts logistics
the expert should be able to discuss following questions:
1. Types of logistic centers (transportation, distributive, fulfillment, etc.)
2. Factors of attractiveness of airport territories for establishing a logistic center
3. Attractiveness of different privileges (customs, tax, administrative, etc.) for operators of logistic infrastructure+7 Other Responses
Logistic Network System
We are looking to speak with experts in the logistic network system in deliveries. We are interested in knowing about the process on which products go through the sortation center, what factors affect site selection, and what affects the decision of whether these deliveries go through the sortation center or otherwise.
They are paying $250 for a 1-hr web interview. Please provide a brief answer as to your relevance to the space below.
1. Can you discuss the delivery route, if any, that does not go through the sortation center in a logistic network system? Please discuss briefly.
2. Can you discuss the performance of time-efficiency, cost, unit economy for special routes that do not go through sortation center? Please discuss briefly.
3. Can you discuss the influencing factors on site selection for these special nodes (non-sortable fc/pantry/fresh fc/prime now hubs)? E.G. Does non-sortable fc will close to sortable fc, even in one building or logistic park? Please discuss briefly.
4. Can you discuss the key influencing factors that go through the sortation center? Please discuss briefly.
** please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
*referrals are highly appreciated.
+17 Other Responses
Logistics And Distribution
I am a program manager looking for someone who can help my organization build domain expertise over logistics and distribution and also provide direction on streamlining distribution process+24 Other Responses
1) what are the recent regulatory changes governing transport & warehousing of dangerous goods in japan? Do you anticipate any new regulations in near future?
2) is the dg transport & warehousing industry witnessing cost escalations? If yes, can you specify the approximate range of escalation for transport as well as warehousing industry? Please elaborate on the factors leading price hike.
3) is the japanese logistics industry witnessing constraints on the availability of trucks as well as drivers?
4) how do large organizations engage with logistics service providers?
− do they prefer to have one stop shop solution for their transport & warehousing needs or do they engage with different suppliers for these two operations?
− do they prefer to engage with regional players or they go with global players?
− is the 3pl option preferred by the large organizations for dangerous goods?
− how risky it is to engage with single suppliers for warehousing & transportation in japan?
− is the norm of volume commitments followed in logistics industry in japan?
(can you justify the above strategies with some real life case studies explaining how some of the large agro-chemical companies are managing their transport & warehousing operations?)
+19 Other Responses
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain And Logistics
We would like to speak with experienced professionals in supply chain management and logistics, with extensive knowledge of the entire value chain of logistics in the pharma sector. They are looking for those who can talk about the most critical challenges in today’s supply chain and logistics in pharma, as well as macro forces and tech trends shaping the industry.
We aim to better understand the most common challenges their clients face when it comes to coordinating transportation, shipment, and forwarding on a global scale. And how they oversee processes coordinating shipments from several suppliers, managing multimodal transportation (e.G. Sea shipping and rail freight, or sea shipping and airfreight), and having visibility across long, international, and complex supply chains.
This is a 60-minute online consultation. If open to participating, please provide a brief answer to the screener below:
1. How long have you been in the supply chain management and logistics company?
2. On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you in discussing the critical challenges faced in supply chain and logistics in the pharma sector?
3. Have you overseen and approved any deployment of new technology in the last 3 years?
please note: our client is only interested in your personal point of view and is not seeking confidential information.
For every successful referral (client interviews referral) on this project, a $200 bonus is paid to the referrer.
+10 Other Responses
Transportation Logistics / Dashboards
Hello, we are looking for a consultant with in depth experience of the transport and logistics industry to help us understand the industry better.
The goals of these consults are:
1/ make professional connections with industry experts who can work with us to create solutions from a business perspective.
2/ gain research and knowledge for writing industry specific marketing material.
Specifically, we would like to get the following information:
/1/ the top 5 industry challenges.
/2/ ways that data gets tracked and used.
/3/ ideas for how dashboards are used, or could be used to benefit this industry vertical.
We would like the interview to provide us with some specific metrics, or kpis.
Although the example below is for a company selling a different product than us, the basic formula for the copywriting is the same and this is the kind of material we want to be able to generate after the interview:
http://www.Xerox.Ca/consulting/commercial-services/oil-and-gas/enca.Html+26 Other Responses
Cement Industry Logistics And Transportation
we are looking for logistics and transportation expert specific to cement industry inbound & outbound logistics.Like to get expertise view on best practices on cement transportation and engagement models with 3pl, shipping liners(bulk shipment) and trucking companies. Geographic interest would be mexico, brazil, india, philippines, china, australia &african continent.
Thank you+7 Other Responses
Hong Kong Distribution & Warehouse Labor Costs
we are currently conducting a study for a client on the distribution center and warehouse labor cost in hong kong and with respect to this we would like to understand the following information:
1. Labor availability in hong kong
2. Wages for each level of labors
3. Cost involved in benefits (eg - meals, logistics, social security, taxes, insurance and other general benefits)
4. Labor wages trend and forecast
5. Related regulations+12 Other Responses