Director Of Distribution And Logistics
We are an apparel company that makes gear for law enforcement, public safety, and military. We are located near nashville, tn and are willing to pay relocation fees for the perfect candidate.
direct the function of the company’s distribution, warehousing and logistics operations providing day to day leadership, management, guidance and leadership in implementing best practices in all areas of operations throughout the company.
Education / knowledge / experience
bachelor’s degree (preferred).
5-7 years of related experience
knowledge of international shipping/logistics
3-5 years of process improvement
previous experience with industrial time studies
good communication skills with excellent interpersonal relations
ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks
responsibilities / duties:
- evaluate and review the company’s logistics operations business practices, streamline opportunities, eliminate non-value added activities, evaluate productivity, inventory, manpower, and workflows, and assist in building design, layout, and product placement.
- assess and evaluate warehouse management technologies and implementation.
- drive the development of the company’s logistics vendors, direct pricing and performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs.
- analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- provide leadership support to other company business functions in the development of client solutions and transportation pricing requests.
- maintain the order flow of all products and manage the customer delivery process in all distribution and warehousing operations.
- drive and facilitate activities that improve coordination and communication within the warehousing/logistics department and other departments throughout the corporation.
- oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations.
- manage the logistics and warehousing operations budgets.
- maintains proper staffing and direction of assigned personnel.
Please respond with your resume and a short summary of your qualifications.+125 Other Responses
Third Party Logistics (3pl) Market
I am currently studying the 3pl market for supply chain management of hazmat classified finished products such as cosmetics including fragrances, lip balms, etc., with regards to this, i would like to understand how companies such as h&m, zara, victoria’s secret, etc. Manage their supply chain in the us. I am looking for data pertaining to sourcing strategy:
1) who are the 3pls serving the above-mentioned companies for warehousing, transportation (to distribution centers) and parcel delivery (direct-to-consumers)
2) where do these companies have their warehouses and dcs in the us for hazmat classified products
3) sourcing models such as whether they engage with single 3pl or multiple 3pls? With supporting case studies.
Thanks+19 Other Responses
Logistics And Supply Chain Management
We are conducting research into expected developments in logistics over the next decade. We would be interested to speak to anyone with expert knowledge of logistics and supply management. In particular, we are seeking insight into the supply chain models likely to emerge in key sectors such as construction, manufacturing and retail given expected developments in logistics technology and customer demands. A uk focus is preferable but not necessary.
More specifically we would also be interested in anyone with expertise in automatic stock retrieval systems and automated post/package sorting developments.+12 Other Responses
Transportation And Logistics
To whom it may concern,
my name is zhannat, i'm an assistant manager from , kazakhstan. My team is currently looking for a subject matter expert in transportation and logistics (mining industry) to provide credible recommendations for a client that provides logistics services in kazakhstan and other countries. Generally, they cover kazakhstan's railway but also they have transportation container business which over the world via international ports (e.G. Riga and etc). They have very rudimentary processes leveraging excel and home grown systems for managing their transportation function. I am preparing the proposal for them and they are looking for the leading practices solutions which will cover their needs, in particular:
1. Fleet management.
2. Planning (freight volumes plan) and execution. Planning by year, month and day.
2. Tracking of fleet loading on the rout/fleet movements track (maybe by gps, but now they don't use this technology).
3. Integration with gis for kazakhstan map (but now they don't use this technology)
4. Analytical module which will allow them to design optimized rout for wagons/containers in accordance with clients' orders. !!! this is critical for them. There is the biggest benefit.
5. Crm (relationship with clients).
The client wants our point of view and experience in addressing these issues. They are also evaluating their options of implementing application solutions (sap being one of them).
We are looking for a collaboration with one of your experts to provide some possible solution to the client. Could you please provide us with cvs of potential subject matter experts that were working on related projects (especially, i am interested in the logistic companies and solutions which you have implemented). If you are interested in this project, i would like to organise a video conference with the ceo of the client company in the nearest future.
zhannat+10 Other Responses