Director Of Distribution And Logistics
We are an apparel company that makes gear for law enforcement, public safety, and military. We are located near nashville, tn and are willing to pay relocation fees for the perfect candidate.
direct the function of the company’s distribution, warehousing and logistics operations providing day to day leadership, management, guidance and leadership in implementing best practices in all areas of operations throughout the company.
Education / knowledge / experience
bachelor’s degree (preferred).
5-7 years of related experience
knowledge of international shipping/logistics
3-5 years of process improvement
previous experience with industrial time studies
good communication skills with excellent interpersonal relations
ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks
responsibilities / duties:
- evaluate and review the company’s logistics operations business practices, streamline opportunities, eliminate non-value added activities, evaluate productivity, inventory, manpower, and workflows, and assist in building design, layout, and product placement.
- assess and evaluate warehouse management technologies and implementation.
- drive the development of the company’s logistics vendors, direct pricing and performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs.
- analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- provide leadership support to other company business functions in the development of client solutions and transportation pricing requests.
- maintain the order flow of all products and manage the customer delivery process in all distribution and warehousing operations.
- drive and facilitate activities that improve coordination and communication within the warehousing/logistics department and other departments throughout the corporation.
- oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations.
- manage the logistics and warehousing operations budgets.
- maintains proper staffing and direction of assigned personnel.
Please respond with your resume and a short summary of your qualifications.+undefined Other Responses
Third Party Logistics (3pl) Market
I am currently studying the 3pl market for supply chain management of hazmat classified finished products such as cosmetics including fragrances, lip balms, etc., with regards to this, i would like to understand how companies such as h&m, zara, victoria’s secret, etc. Manage their supply chain in the us. I am looking for data pertaining to sourcing strategy:
1) who are the 3pls serving the above-mentioned companies for warehousing, transportation (to distribution centers) and parcel delivery (direct-to-consumers)
2) where do these companies have their warehouses and dcs in the us for hazmat classified products
3) sourcing models such as whether they engage with single 3pl or multiple 3pls? With supporting case studies.
Thanks+undefined Other Responses
Transportation Logistics / Dashboards
Hello, we are looking for a consultant with in depth experience of the transport and logistics industry to help us understand the industry better.
The goals of these consults are:
1/ make professional connections with industry experts who can work with us to create solutions from a business perspective.
2/ gain research and knowledge for writing industry specific marketing material.
Specifically, we would like to get the following information:
/1/ the top 5 industry challenges.
/2/ ways that data gets tracked and used.
/3/ ideas for how dashboards are used, or could be used to benefit this industry vertical.
We would like the interview to provide us with some specific metrics, or kpis.
Although the example below is for a company selling a different product than us, the basic formula for the copywriting is the same and this is the kind of material we want to be able to generate after the interview:
http://www.Xerox.Ca/consulting/commercial-services/oil-and-gas/enca.Html+26 Other Responses