Director Of Distribution And Logistics
We are an apparel company that makes gear for law enforcement, public safety, and military. We are located near nashville, tn and are willing to pay relocation fees for the perfect candidate.
direct the function of the company’s distribution, warehousing and logistics operations providing day to day leadership, management, guidance and leadership in implementing best practices in all areas of operations throughout the company.
Education / knowledge / experience
bachelor’s degree (preferred).
5-7 years of related experience
knowledge of international shipping/logistics
3-5 years of process improvement
previous experience with industrial time studies
good communication skills with excellent interpersonal relations
ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks
responsibilities / duties:
- evaluate and review the company’s logistics operations business practices, streamline opportunities, eliminate non-value added activities, evaluate productivity, inventory, manpower, and workflows, and assist in building design, layout, and product placement.
- assess and evaluate warehouse management technologies and implementation.
- drive the development of the company’s logistics vendors, direct pricing and performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs.
- analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- provide leadership support to other company business functions in the development of client solutions and transportation pricing requests.
- maintain the order flow of all products and manage the customer delivery process in all distribution and warehousing operations.
- drive and facilitate activities that improve coordination and communication within the warehousing/logistics department and other departments throughout the corporation.
- oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations.
- manage the logistics and warehousing operations budgets.
- maintains proper staffing and direction of assigned personnel.
Please respond with your resume and a short summary of your qualifications.+undefined Other Responses
Transportation Logistics / Dashboards
Looking for a transportation logistics consultant. We want to talk about the use of dashboards in the industry. Consultant should be able to give examples of leading and lagging kpis. Consultant should be able to talk about industry problems and dashboard solutions. If the consultant can provide anonymous data that we could study and use to build a sample dashboard for marketing and demonstration purposes it would be a bonus. Also interested in speaking with a consultant that can teach us the application of six sigma principles to dashboard design for transportation logistics.+5 Other Responses
Transportation And Logistics
To whom it may concern,
my name is zhannat, i'm an assistant manager from , kazakhstan. My team is currently looking for a subject matter expert in transportation and logistics (mining industry) to provide credible recommendations for a client that provides logistics services in kazakhstan and other countries. Generally, they cover kazakhstan's railway but also they have transportation container business which over the world via international ports (e.G. Riga and etc). They have very rudimentary processes leveraging excel and home grown systems for managing their transportation function. I am preparing the proposal for them and they are looking for the leading practices solutions which will cover their needs, in particular:
1. Fleet management.
2. Planning (freight volumes plan) and execution. Planning by year, month and day.
2. Tracking of fleet loading on the rout/fleet movements track (maybe by gps, but now they don't use this technology).
3. Integration with gis for kazakhstan map (but now they don't use this technology)
4. Analytical module which will allow them to design optimized rout for wagons/containers in accordance with clients' orders. !!! this is critical for them. There is the biggest benefit.
5. Crm (relationship with clients).
The client wants our point of view and experience in addressing these issues. They are also evaluating their options of implementing application solutions (sap being one of them).
We are looking for a collaboration with one of your experts to provide some possible solution to the client. Could you please provide us with cvs of potential subject matter experts that were working on related projects (especially, i am interested in the logistic companies and solutions which you have implemented). If you are interested in this project, i would like to organise a video conference with the ceo of the client company in the nearest future.
zhannat+10 Other Responses
Cement Industry Logistics And Transportation
we are looking for logistics and transportation expert specific to cement industry inbound & outbound logistics.Like to get expertise view on best practices on cement transportation and engagement models with 3pl, shipping liners(bulk shipment) and trucking companies. Geographic interest would be mexico, brazil, india, philippines, china, australia &african continent.
Thank you+6 Other Responses