Brief description of sea water supply system at ***** , the problem we are facing and what we needs to find out.
1) sea water for all the cooling requirement to the refinery is being supplied by pai (public authority for industries) through 6 nos 72ââ sea water supply lines.
2) pai is taking the sea water from the sea through an intake channel to their pump house and the same is supplied to the refinery at around 7.8 bar g using pumps installed in their premise.
3) pai have screen installed in the sea water intake channel having opening not larger than 4.6 mm.
4) even though pai is supposed to provide us with sea water without any debris/ sea shells, our heat exchangers are getting choked frequently due to sea shells in the sea water.
5) since we are getting sea shells with size more than 4.6 mm we want to install filters in our premises (close to pai boundary) to tackle the problem.
6) before installing the filters we want to ensure that the sea shells are not growing inside our system and wants to get it studied by a consultant.
7) we were not having the sea shells problem till 2004 in our sea water supply system. So we would also like the consultant to study the reasons why we are getting the same now and any other remedial measures they can suggest for getting rid of the sea shells problem. This will involve biological study in the pai premises where the sea water is being taken from the sea.+7 Other Responses
I want to farm fresh water prawns in the alta mesa region of central mexico. Elevation between 4,000 and 5,000 feet. Is this possible in a controlled environmental situation?+2 Other Responses
Marine Turtle Conservation
At my school we have this subject called "i-search". It's an independent year long project,in which we can pick whatever topic we want.I chose to do mine on turtles, but now i need an expert in that field to interview either through phone or email, whatever works best for you.+33 Other Responses