Chemical Raw Material
The key questions in my mind are
raw material market overview- supply chain and participants.
Who are the end user industries (buyers) for these chemical raw materials (mentioned above?)
what are the parameters that are considered for transaction (buying and selling) chemical raw materials?
(if there are other parameters kindly elaborate)
what are the contracting terms and conditions-legal restriction, transport terms, etc.
What are the various costs involved? What are the pricing model adopted by the buyer and the supplier?+4 Other Responses
We are looking for a materials expert with a specific skillset in very hard and durable materials such as ceramics and more specifically sapphire (al2o3). Specifically, we want to identify those in the medical device field working with crystalline structures such as sapphire and also laser fiber optics.
We need proven experience with evaluating these materials in terms of their strength and more importantly studying their failure modes due to either mechanical or thermal stresses.
The analysis may involve studying existing components and their fracture modes evaluating root causes of such fracture and later performing computational analysis such as finite element analysis (fea) to study the specific design function and performance we expect from such a material.
I can’t stress enough that we are really seeking a leading expert in material properties and analysis of such crystalline structures as sapphire with a proven history in their design and use in various mechanical or medical devices. We are particularly interested in learning more about the thermal properties and how thermal stresses can impact failure modes.+9 Other Responses
We are looking for a candidate who can help us in creating a new material/technology report on a monthly basis. Although not required, candidate with an interest or knowledge in steel industry is highly preferable as we are a steel producing/trading company. Topics we are interested in are as follows:
1.Lithium - lithium extraction out of saline water (market research, company research --> production cost, quality, business plan and strategy) - new lithium extraction technology (related corporation, university, lab tech. Strategy or trend)
2. Rechargeable/secondary cell battery - major automakers' electrical vehicle production trend (energy density, etc)- companies producing battery/material for battery and their tech. Development roadmap
3. Sng-dakota sng plant (sng production amount, by-product production and usage status)- sng project development status and strategies
4. Coal chemistry business - steelmakers/developers' ccu tech. Development status and outlook (excluding underground co2 storage)
5. Fuel cell - fuel cell companies (domestic/international) * ballard(pemfc), doosan fuel cell america(pemfc, clearedge), plug power(pemfc), ge(sofc), bloom energy(sofc), etc - renewable energy (supply of distributed power and incentive)- mcfc composition or tech. For cell life extension - (solar, etc.) fuel cell-renewability fusion, and other applied products (cogeneration, backup power, ccs, byproduct hydrogen) development status and outlook
6. Mg plate - u.S. Automakers’ maker mg plate part development status - mena(mel n.America entity) business and tech. Development strategy +17 Other Responses
We're looking to develop a material that we can use as a soluble support material in the fused deposition process in 3d printing.
One of the routes that surfaced is centered on the use of the same techniques used in photoresists to produce a soluble resin. There seems to be a lot work with photosensitive agents in styrene copolymers
theses positive photoresists use uv activation and an alkali solvent.
As the sensitising agents are already combined with polystyrenes i reasoned that they could also be used in higher mw styrenes that could be used in our fused deposition process. I propose we could then use a uv light bath and dissolve the activated resist in alkali solvent.
My question is, is it possible to create photo-sensitized higher mw polystyrenes? If so, we will need someone to guide us through the process in creating that ip.+8 Other Responses