Chemicals And Basic Materials Survey
Hi, i am the founder & ceo of zintro.
We are brainstorming on ways that we can deliver more high quality inquiries in the chemicals and basic materials markets to you. Specifically, we are looking for inquiries that could lead to larger projects as opposed to just micro-consults (although those are ok too.). It would be great if you could help us help you. Specifically:
1. What is the title/department/division/company of individuals we should we target to improve our chances of finding you good prospects?
2. How would you describe the projects? E.G. Related to plant setup? Production? Distribution? Engineering? Equipment purchase? Supply/demand? Uses for chemicals? Etc.
3. Are there any specific companies/divisions/departments you think we should target?
4. Where are most of your current customers? Near your office? What state, region, country?
Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully, we will deliver some good projects to you soon.
- stuart+20 Other Responses
We are looking for a materials expert with a specific skillset in very hard and durable materials such as ceramics and more specifically sapphire (al2o3). Specifically, we want to identify those in the medical device field working with crystalline structures such as sapphire and also laser fiber optics.
We need proven experience with evaluating these materials in terms of their strength and more importantly studying their failure modes due to either mechanical or thermal stresses.
The analysis may involve studying existing components and their fracture modes evaluating root causes of such fracture and later performing computational analysis such as finite element analysis (fea) to study the specific design function and performance we expect from such a material.
I can’t stress enough that we are really seeking a leading expert in material properties and analysis of such crystalline structures as sapphire with a proven history in their design and use in various mechanical or medical devices. We are particularly interested in learning more about the thermal properties and how thermal stresses can impact failure modes.+9 Other Responses
Point Of Sales Materials Service
About the project:
i would like to understand more about the procurement of posm in latin america and how clients are maintaining consistency while in-store material execution.
Below are the key areas that i am looking for;
consistency in in-store material execution-
how to mitigate challenges like price variations for raw materials between countries within latin america?
How to ensure consistency in the quality of posm materials through out latin america?
How to improve the process of in-store material design, production and execution?
How are companies handling retailer specific requests across different store and countries?
Geography: argentina, brazil, chile, colombia, ladmar, peru, mexico, venezuela+2 Other Responses
Online Procurement Methods For Construction & Building Material In Saudi Arabia
Geography: saudi arabia
organizations of interest: penny, el mawkaa, e-procure, youmats, madar, masdar, 3thim, mupats, haraj, tafassell and other industry experts
type of interview: telephonic interview duration: 45-60 mins
timeline: 22nd may – 3rd june 2022
seniority / experience level: manager/ senior managers/ vp/ heads/ director level people. Relevant experience of over 8 years
title/role/function: indicative profiles - senior manager – platform sales, senior product manager, area sales director, regional head of business development, key accounts manager, head of strategic sourcing & procurement
please note - we will not be disclosing expert details with the client. However, we will need expert details to screen and recruit them for this study.
Screening questions / key discussion pointers (must qualify below criteria):
• can you provide us the current market size and growth drivers for ‘building and construction materials’ in ksa?
• what is the share of sme’s in the above market?
• what is the current split between online and offline gmv of building materials? Are the online platforms gaining traction?
• who are the major buyers from these online platforms – large contractors or smes?
• what are the popular online platforms/ marketplaces for construction material in ksa? What is their individual market share?
• can you provide insights on the kpi values that should be considered by online marketplace platforms to measure business performance and growth over the next 3-5 years including but not limited to:
o gmv target for the 4-5 years of operation
o supplier and customer onboarding target and growth rate
o annual transactions numbers and value (size per transaction)
o cost of onboarding a buyer and a supplier
o cost of maintenance of the platform
o kpis around size of engineering, operations and sales functions (gmv/transactions per employee, etc.)+7 Other Responses
Chemical Raw Material
The key questions in my mind are
raw material market overview- supply chain and participants.
Who are the end user industries (buyers) for these chemical raw materials (mentioned above?)
what are the parameters that are considered for transaction (buying and selling) chemical raw materials?
(if there are other parameters kindly elaborate)
what are the contracting terms and conditions-legal restriction, transport terms, etc.
What are the various costs involved? What are the pricing model adopted by the buyer and the supplier?+4 Other Responses
Building Material Additives
we are looking for somebody knowledgeable about chemical additives in building materials.
Please reach out!
clau i.+6 Other Responses
Procurement And Collection Of Bio Materials
Our client is interested in speaking with experts who can provide insights into the procurement and collections of bio-material.
We are looking at (2) perspectives
- experts who used to work at commercial bio-banks / commercial bio-material collections businesses
- those who procure and use bio-material samples for pre-clinical research at some of the big pharma/biotech companies
the client would like to better understand the commercial bio-bank business and bio-material sourcing, what to look for in sourcing bio-materials, who the sources are, and how to assess quality.
This would be for a 30-min paid phone consultation.
To show your relevance in this space, please answer with a few brief statements the question below.
*for the commercial bio-bank side
- have you been directly responsible for the sale of bio-materials to pharmaceutical/biotech companies?
*on the pharma side
- have you been directly responsible for the sourcing of bio-materials from commercial suppliers for pre-clinical research?
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated+31 Other Responses
We're looking to develop a material that we can use as a soluble support material in the fused deposition process in 3d printing.
One of the routes that surfaced is centered on the use of the same techniques used in photoresists to produce a soluble resin. There seems to be a lot work with photosensitive agents in styrene copolymers
theses positive photoresists use uv activation and an alkali solvent.
As the sensitising agents are already combined with polystyrenes i reasoned that they could also be used in higher mw styrenes that could be used in our fused deposition process. I propose we could then use a uv light bath and dissolve the activated resist in alkali solvent.
My question is, is it possible to create photo-sensitized higher mw polystyrenes? If so, we will need someone to guide us through the process in creating that ip.+8 Other Responses
Chemicals Industry Webinar
Zintro is proud to launch a new free webinar series titled "chemical industry insights & innovation". It will cover the most important trends impacting all sectors of the chemical industry and will be presented by top business and technical experts who are part of the zintro community.
We are pleased to invite you to the first installment of the series on thursday, june 19th at 1.00 pm (et). Our first presenter is david a. Hurwitz, managing director of edica-garnett partners llc, a global strategy and execution consultancy.
"evolving coatings industry, emerging technology - a look ahead...A glimpse at the past!"
click here (or copy into your browser) to register (free): http://bit.Ly/1l3tzto
the coatings industry continues to evolve. To the outsider, much might look the same as it did just a decade or two ago. To the insider, industry restructuring and globalization have changed its footprint, regulations have impacted formulations, product stewardship is adding new business challenges, and technology has evolved such that products are actually different in some meaningful ways from the clean air act became law in the united states over 40 years ago. This look at how things have changed but also at how some things have remained the same, provides one observer's view of the paints and coatings industry, key participants, and the drivers that continue to shape the industry and inspire continued innovation.
About david a. Hurwitz:
david has worked for over twenty years in chemical industry consulting. Addressing specialty chemicals, polymers, advanced materials, fine chemical and many downstream industries. He received a b.S. Degree in chemical engineering from cornell university, an m.S. Degree in chemical engineering from washington university in st. Louis, and an m.B.A. From the university of chicago. David is active in the societe de chemie industrielle - american section, the american institute of chemical engineers and the american chemical society.
Click here (or copy into your browser) to register (free): http://bit.Ly/1l3tzto+8 Other Responses
Construction Materials Market
I am looking to understand the market for the following construction materials for commercial / industrial projects:
1. Lumber (softwood and hard wood lumber/timber)
following is the detailed request for each of the construction material mentioned above:
1. What are the best engagement practices to source each of these commodities? Please include following parameters such as:
- service type (standalone vs integrated/bundled services)
- pricing type (cost plus, fixed price)
- contract type by jobs (construction phase basis or fixed term basis)
- contract length (short term – up to one year or less, and long term – more than a year)
- governance model: yearly review of kpis, slas, and performance clauses "or" review during contract
2. Souring model- direct manufactured/sawmill or distributor / wholesale or retail
- sourcing channels and engagement preference (from manufacturer to end user) - by percentage
- buyer preference: global manufacturer/ sawmill, regional manufacturer/ sawmill, and distributor (regional and local/national)
3. Major kpis for each category
4. How does the supply base look like between highly consolidated to highly fragmented for each of these commodities? What would be the percentage market share of top players/suppliers globally for each commodity in north america, europe, and apac? Top suppliers for global, and by regions mentioned
5. Innovation and sustainability trends in each commodity industry?
6. Cost structure and analysis. Negotiation lever from buyer point of view
7. Covid-19 impact in 2022 and onwards+12 Other Responses
Raw Material Cost On Construction Project
We are looking for expertise on the impact of raw material prices on total architecture and construction costs for an industrial project in germany. We would like to receive information on % share of each raw material cost (cement, steel, aluminium, copper, lumber, etc.) in the total raw material cost of the industrial project. We also require insights on the effect of price increase/decrease in raw materials on a construction project in germany.+8 Other Responses
My name is tom , and i am a director at a primary research firm based in new york. We have a client who is looking to speak with experts on sapphire materials. Specifically, they would like a better understanding materials that may be used in smartphone's (apple, samsung, htc, etc...) and competitive dynamics between suppliers of these materials.
Would you be interested in speaking with our client in the form of a 30-60 minute paid phone research consult?
If so, i would ask that you check out our website where you can register as a consultant into our network.+6 Other Responses