we are looking for a highly specialized expert who is passionate about understanding data, well versed in scalable data mining and machine learning techniques, and loves to build models. This role is a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets. The ideal candidate will be able to understand business challenges, map analytical approaches and build models to derive actionable insights.
- meet with executive management to understand major business opportunities and challenges (likely areas include financial performance, customer satisfaction, demographics and local economics).
- frame relevant issues, map out analytical approaches and gather data
design, build, and run complex analytic models that drive insights significant to the business.
- use business intelligence tools to communicate insights to executive management.
- familiarity with relational databases and sql, data transformation (etl), data mining, ad-hoc analysis.
- extensive experience with python, r, stata, sas, spss, matlab or another statistical language.
- deep knowledge of standard techniques (e.G., logistic regression, cluster analysis, random forests, experimental design).
- experience with data visualization tools (e.G., tableau)
- experience working with real data either through a current job or through projects during graduate school.
- ability to learn things quickly and work independently.
- an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems.
an ms or phd in data sciences, business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, computer science or other field which is highly analytical / quantitative+39 Other Responses
Need expert to calculate rate of conversion of anyhydrite to gypsum under conditions were the defendants are planning on injecting 1,200 bwpd of water with a sodium content of 37,600 mg/l into the anhydrite rock strata at a pressure of 682 psi for 30 years. It is my understanding that one atmosphere (101 kpa or 14.7 psi) can lift water by 34 feet so if west bay's permit allows them to inject at 682 psi, they could conceivably lift the brine/water 1530 feet(45 atmosphere's x 34 feet) if the anyhydrite cap is breached. There is no volcanic activity in lower michigan and the temperature 100 feet below the surface is 55 degrees. It is my understanding that there is 1 degree of temperature increase for each 100 feet you descend so i believe an estimate of the temperature at 2600 feet as 80 degrees is usable in all calculations.
I wish to hire an expert witness with the mathmatical ability to utilize the formula available in the literature for the conversion of anhydrite to gypsum who can plug in the given perimeters of this case.+2 Other Responses
Education -matematics -
job title: math english teacher for china-australia coop courses
1. Ba degree or above, mathematics or related major and who has teaching certificate in australia;
2. Tefl certificate (if no, tesol recommended)
3. Native english speaker
4. Non-criminal record required
5. Health check will be required before in position in china
6. Time to start work: around 15 jan. 2016
1. Teaching students (age from 13 to 18) australian queensland high school level math a & b
2. 20 classes per week with 40 mins per class;
3. Lesson preparation;
4. Teaching by using the audio / video materials;
5. Cooperate with other staff in organizing teaching activities;
6. This is a full-time teaching position, we require our foreign teachers to participate in the school events such as foreign affairs reception, presentation, open class, etc.
1. Basic monthly salary:
10,000-12,000rmb for ba degree with less than 3 years’ relative working experience;
12,000-15,000rmb for ma degree with less than 3 years’ relative working experience and ba degree with more than 3 years’ relative working experience;
15,000-18,000rmb for ma degree or above with more 3 years’ relative working experience and other candidates with richer working experience;
2. International flight allowance of 8,000rmb per year or 8000rmb per year travel allowance if the teacher is already in china
3. 2 months’ summer break (pay 1 month salary) & 1 month winter break (pay half month salary) plus chinese public holidays
4. Foreign work permit and letter of invitation for working visa (z type) application (pls note that you have to refer to requirement of the chinese embassy or consultancy in your country and apply for the working visa by yourself, you have to also tell us the city that you will be applying for the visa). Upon arrival, we will assist for application of foreign expert certificate and residence card for legal work in china
5. Commercial medical insurance
6. Free housing provided
+10 Other Responses
Looking for a subject matter expert (sme) with advanced algebra background--
numeric reasoning, algebraic reasoning, and probability/stats reasoning
texas’ alternative to a2 for a 3rd year math course--tx standards/teks
timeline: nov thru march
please let me know if you are interested and include an email address to reach you.
lauren+9 Other Responses