We are seeking expert consultation for my client who is a regional retail grocery store chain in texas. They presently prepare an assortment of ready to eat meals, sides, entrees, fresh breads, meats and foods as well as uncooked/seasoned take home and cook/reheat food and meat products at each of their stores. They wish to develop a program to process/prepare as much of the menu offering as possible at a single centralized commissary kitchen/ meat processing location, package and distribute routinely to the retail stores where it can be reconstituted just in time for retail sale. The goals are to; a) achieve consistency and quality of the products, b) reduce skilled chief labor in all of the stores, c) reduce capital costs building elaborate kitchens at each retail store, and d) reduce waste and preparation costs through mass-production of the offered products.
Tell me about your applicable skills and prior experience with programs of this kind.+16 Other Responses
Market For Cell-based Meat
We are currently looking for experts in r & d and product development to help us with our market assessment for the technology involved in cell-cultured meat and the factors influencing its scalability progress and the factors associated with the cost to produce the meat in the lab.
Product definition: cell-cultured meat (beef, poultry, pork, seafood, mouse meat, and foie gras).
Kindly find below the required data points expected through the discussion:
• details about the technology platform like input material, process, scalability, manufacturing system involved in the meat production
o growth mediums used for cell proliferation. Is fbs (foetal bovine serum) used anymore? What are the other plant-based and animal-friendly alternatives?
O what are the challenges associated with these?
• current lowest cost to produce cell-based meat - $ per kg? And how has this been achieved?
O would it be technologically feasible to bring the cost of the meat production to less than $10 per kg to make it commercially viable? By when and how is this likely to happen?
• technical partnerships they seek for
• proposed commercialization plans and sales, marketing & distribution strategy of the cell-cultured meat start-ups
• target end users / off-takers i.E. Supermarkets, restaurants, food companies, pharma/cosmetics companies i.E. Sales split between b2b and b2c
• proposed pricing assessment (based on unit and sales volume) vs the traditional meat
• success factors and risks for players involved in cell-based meat production
• factors driving or deterring adoption for cell-based meat in the next 5-7 years
this would be for a 1-hour paid phone consult. Please respond with a few brief statements as to your background and relevance to this space. And how many discussion points would you be able to comment on?+17 Other Responses