i would like to understand the profit margin in pharma value chain and rebates/discounts for companies procuring drugs under medical prescription benefits program
arun+8 Other Responses
Please reply if you are currently or recently (within the past year) work at a pharmaceutical company in a strategic marketing and consulting role. Please include in your response which company, your full name, and title. Thanks!
igs is doing research in the pharmaceutical marketing and consulting space for all indications within oncology.
We would like to speak to:
1) brand managers, marketing directors, and directors of medical affairs within pharmaceutical companies
1) why do pharma companies outsource vs keep inhouse marketing strategies?
2) how do you select a third party partner for market access, reimbursement strategy, regulatory affairs, and standard brand management?
3) who are some of the key marketing providers for market access, reimbursement strategy, regulatory affairs, and standard brand management in the marketplace? Is the space fragmented or concentrated?
4) how does the process for marketing for market access, reimbursement strategy, regulatory affairs, and standard brand management differ between the us and the uk?
5) how does the pipeline affect marketing and consulting (for market access, reimbursement strategy, regulatory affairs, and standard brand management)?+17 Other Responses
Pharmaceutical Strategy And Operations
Looking for experts in the field of strategy and operations consulting.
- categorize operations consulting services for pharmaceutical firms? Key focus remains on r&d, marketing and sales, and quality sub-segments.
O identify and segment suppliers based on sub-service categories [r&d, quality and marketing]?
firms require specific knowledge to meet regulatory requirements at a local level, therefore often local / regional firms with strong focused service operations compete with international players.
company follows fixed fee team pricing structure [rates are quoted on a weekly-package basis for a team and hourly / daily rates for individuals are not applicable / quoted by the suppliers] and lacks clarity into individual components of the billing rates
- definition of various job roles [partner, manager, consultant and analyst] within a consulting firm based on their education and professional experience
- typical work allocated to various participants [partner, consultant, manager and analyst] in a consulting project
a> pricing models available, which could be used as an alternate to fixed fee model:
- time and material
- value-based pricing
o relevant case examples
o challenges and issues with each model
o savings opportunity associated with changing pricing model
b> mapping of strategy and operations consulting assignments / projects with pricing model
- identify various project types and present a pricing model fit. How can they impact cost savings for the company.
- identifying optimum spend associated with a project to increase bargaining power with the supplier in terms of choice for pricing model
c> best-practices to manage out-of-pocket expenses
d> negotiation levers: specific to strategy and operations consulting
suppliers use different terms for similar services, which creates a challenge to properly map / categorize spend associated with a particular service.
- how companies manage / segregate the spend associate with procurement of similar services with different classification i.E. Approaches to classify spend.+51 Other Responses