Medical Technologist Ii
Job title: medical technologist ii
job location: cambridge, ma
job type & status: full time & employee
**about the job**:
the medical technologist ii is responsible for managing and performing moderate to high complexity testing, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory and departmental policies and procedures to include quality control, quality assurance, and safety. Below are illustrations of the type of work; this is not an all-inclusive list.
**essential duties and responsibilities**:
- specimen handling, processing, and preparing reagents;
- communicating issues to laboratory management; reviewing test analyses with management;
- analyzing, reviewing, and reporting test results and quality control results with management;
- entering and releasing results of test results through the lis/lims;
- taking remedial action when indicated;
- reporting and maintaining records of test results;
- compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data;
- troubleshooting test systems and taking appropriate action when indicated;
- adhering to all laboratory safety policies;
- performing instrument calibration as well as routine, scheduled, and unscheduled preventive maintenance; maintaining equipment, temperature charts, and equipment logs;
- storage and disposal of specimens;
- reviewing sops as assigned;
- identifying problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and taking appropriate action including notification of laboratory management;
- participating in laboratory qa programs and laboratory ce programs;
- participating in proficiency testing and competency evaluation throughout the year;
- training new employees including laboratory technologists, medical technologists i, and co-op students/interns;
- oversee technical aspects of assigned assays;
- lead and participate in project based work.
**education, qualifications and experience**:
- position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related life science;
- national certification as a medical technologist (ascp);
- clinical laboratory scientist, or fulfillment of the educational, experience and certification requirements of 42 cfr part 493.1461 as most recently posted in the federal register;
- minimum of 5 plus years of experience testing moderate and high complexity assays;
- familiarity of lab info systems;
- experience in immunology, hplc, traditional chemistry, cell-based assays and iea.
Additional details available on request.
This full time job post is not eligible for visa sponsorship and relocation is not available.
Interested applicants must attach their resumes on zintro.+25 Other Responses
Artificial Intelligence Technology In Hospitals
I am authoring a study on the current adoption of artificial intelligence (ai) technology by hospitals, idns, and acos. I would very much like to interview by telephone (:30 minutes) physicians or it managers who have implemented ai in their facilities to learn more about how and why they opted to use ai. Whom did they consider as solution providers, and where do they see ai most helpful in their clinical or operational processes.+14 Other Responses
Sleep Technologies & Medicine
I am conducting research to better understand emerging trends and technologies related to sleep. If you qualify for any of the below descriptions, please contact me to discuss scheduling an interview.
1. Payors- experience in sleep medicine
2. Industry consultant- specialty in future technologies and emerging trends in sleep
3. Physician- specialty in sleep medicine
4. Professional association board member- specialty in sleep trends and technologies+43 Other Responses