Russia Mining And Metals Industry
Subject: mining and metals industry
for potential project with large russian mining and metals company we are looking for a professional in mining and metals industry to help us with the following tasks:
a) review the main trends of mining and metals industry (e.G. Nickel, palladium, platinum and copper.)
b) review the successful business models in mining and metals industry)
areas of expertise:
seeking experts with knowledge of russian mining and metals industry+9 Other Responses
i would like to give you a brief of our operations in zambia,
we have dump waste material of approximately 30 million tons with copper content of 0.8 to 4 % which is in form of lumps 0 to 50 mm.
Currently, we are extracting in the method as we are doing heap leaching with sulphuric acid. The liquid that we collect from heap leaching then with iron we precipitate copper powder with quality upto 82 - 90%.
We are selling that copper powder to smelters locally.
The queries i had as per your expertise :
currently we only using sulphuric acid, but i would like to know if we add some % of nitric acid, will the recovery be better and is it cost efficient or viable cost wise?
If we do decide to use nitric acid with sulphuric acid, what should be the ratio?
In this dump material, there's very little precious metals does that also get leached while we are heap leaching for copper?
We are extracting copper powder through iron but there's a limitation for metal scrap, so are there any other better alternatives in which we can recover the copper in metal form.
There's other option that i'm aware of :
electro-winning but it's huge capital investment, high requirement of power and there's a lack of power in zambia. So currently this isn't the good option.
We even have option of converting liquid into copper sulphate.
I had a slight idea about the liquid solvent that we can use that can upgrade the content of copper per litre from the liquid.
I've already informed you the idea or method in which i only have general idea.
So as per the current situations mentioned above about zambia power and metal scrap availability.
Can you please give me a complete summary from your depth knowledge in this field that whats the best cost efficient way in which we can extract copper, precious metals and iron sulphate from the ones in which we already used in the past.
We have approx 30 million tons of dump material
it would be great if you have any suggestions or method or expertise that can help us grow this.
If you further need any information.
Please contact me.
Waiting for your reply+22 Other Responses
Dashboards In Mining Industry
Looking for someone to provide us with a high level overview of the mining industry. We would like to know:
1/ the top 5 challenges facing the industry.
2/ typical organizational structure
3/ which areas dashboards can be used to provide solutions
4/ any details about specific kpis for mining is also good.+8 Other Responses
O&g - Precious Metal Recovery From Spent Catalysts
This study aims to understand the process of precious metal recovery (pmr) from spent catalysts used in hydrogenation, catalytic reforming, and de-hydrogenation reactions in the petroleum industry. We are interested to understand the recovery process of platinum, palladium, rhodium, rhenium, ruthenium and silver
we are also seeking details on
• market dynamics
• product cost structure
• industry drivers and constraints
• technological trends
• list of potential suppliers in – india, italy, taiwan, germany, malaysia & usa.
Through this study, we want to map the different processes of recovery of metals used in the oil & gas sector and develop understanding on the category trends. The study also aims to recognize the major global and south-east asian pmr
annual volume of spent catalyst approx – 100,000kg – 150,000kg
following are the key questions that need to be answered:
1. What is the global market size (in usd) of pmr services? Please elaborate on the supply-demand scenario.
2. Cost structure and drivers influencing the process of pmr.
Are there any specific indices to track these costs? (costs incurred from - labor, materials, processing cost, machinery, laboratory expenses, r&d and other costs. These details can be based on any generic process of pmr of expert’s knowledge)
3. Which are the top pmr service providers in – india, italy, germany, taiwan, and the us? What are their respective annual capacities to recover precious metals from spent catalyst? What are the respective shares of the top suppliers of pmr services. What is the nature of the industry – consolidated or fragmented?
4. What technologies are currently extensively employed to carry out the process of pmr? Are there any new/emerging technologies expected to gain traction? Do suppliers require any certifications such as bma, lppm, and others to carry out pmr services?
5. Insights regarding different operating models and engagement models in the pmr industry between oil and gas companies and suppliers (type of relationship)?
A. What are the pricing models adopted for paying suppliers?
B. What is the preferred procurement practice: spot or long-term contract? Comment on the length of contract and price revision clauses.
6. Comment on the market conditions during and post covid-19 and the major pain points faced by users and service providers during the pandemic+33 Other Responses