Smart Meters Market In Usa (gas And Water)
Description/need: we are trying to assess the smart meter (gas and water) market in usa. Focus of the study is to understand the regulatory overview, procurement process and adoption statistics for water and gas smart meters in usa (especially in ohio, wisconsin, new york and california).
For this, we are trying to speak with respondents who are working with water and gas utilities in the above 4 states or with smart meter manufacturers such as itron, kamstrup, elster, schneider, etc.
Number of experts: 3-4
timeframe: from 18rd january 2021 to 9th february 2021
geography: given above
companies zintro can try to reach out to:
smart meter manufacturers such as itron, kamstrup, elster, schneider, etc.
Water and gas utility companies in ohio, wisconsin, new york and california
expert job title(s): respondents that are at the following designations or higher
• smart meter manufacturers – sales / marketing manager and above
• utility companies – procurement / operations manager and above
1. What are the standards / certification required to manufacture and commercialize smart meters for water and gas for household applications in usa? How do these differ from standards / certifications applicable for smart meters for electricity in household applications? Do these standards differ at a state level (especially in california, new york, ohio and wisconsin)
2. What regulations are followed by utility companies and smart meter manufacturers while implementing these water and gas smart meters in california / new york / ohio / wisconsin? Are there any regulations in order to maintain data privacy?
3. Are smart water and gas meters widely adopted in usa (especially in the states of california, new york, ohio and wisconsin)? What is the % adoption rate of smart water and gas meters in the country and specifically in the 4 mentioned states? Are there any federal / state level policies that are expected to drive the adoption of smart water and gas meters?
4. Which are the key smart meter (electricity, water and gas) manufacturers/ companies that are active in each of the afore-mentioned 4 states? What is their approximate market share in the referred states?
5. What is the procurement process like for smart meters in each of the 4 states? Are the smart meters procured and installed by the utility companies? Who are the key decision makers / influencers in the value chain? What are the selection criteria based on which these products are procured and installed?
6. Who attains ownership of the smart meters / communication modules/ in-house displays (ihd)? Is it the utility company / manufacturer or homeowner?7. How much is the average life expectancy for smart meters in usa? During the period that they are in use, are they tested for accuracy? +34 Other Responses
Electrical And Water Metering Systems
We are looking for firms or independent consultants having good experience of advanced electrical metering and water metering systems in dubai. The firm or individual should have:
a) strong understanding of electricity regulation in dubai, especially pertaining to electricity network information such as distribution losses, commercial losses
b) strong understanding of water metering and nrw (non-revenue water) in water distribution network of dubai
regards+2 Other Responses
Natural Gas Meters Market
Our client is conducting a market research and is looking to speak with multiple experts on the natural gas meter and related components market regarding growth, companies and technologies such as amr and ami meters.
This is a paid 1-hour phone interview. If open to participating, please consider answering the screener questions below:
1. Can you discuss the following in detail? Please elaborate if needed.
A. Percent of a distributor’s sales for gas meter products
b. Percent of a distributor’s product sales to gas utilities by category
c. Average gas meter market growth
d. Barriers to growth
2. Can you identify the leading gas meter distributors in the market?
3. Can you identify the leading gas meter oems in the market?
4. Which gas meter distributor are you familiar with?+5 Other Responses