Areas: molecular biology, oncology
tasks: smes will provide help for developing course materials and will also perform or support training for members of medical teams, molecular pathologists, phd level molecular biologists, biochemists, and medical device consultants.
Duration: apprx 6 months full time
location: us, but will need to travel across us and possibly germany & some other countries in europe as well
education / skill: ph.D. Or equivalent level in molecular biology / oncology with a fairly good academic / research track record. Should have good knowledge of us and european medical accreditation.+25 Other Responses
Need molecular biology expert. For plasmid maxi prep, i started a 100 ml culture in n ampicillin lb broth from a 2 week old 2 ml lb-amp culture from 4 deg c. The 100 ml culture grew well overnight. I did not see a dna pellet after isopropanol step while i saw dna pellets from 3 other simultaneous maxi preps where 100 ml culture was inoculated from fresh 2ml cultures. All plasmids are high copy. I used qiagen endofree maxi prep kit. I need to know why i did not get dna pellet in first plasmid while the 100 ml culture grew well from old 2 ml culture.+26 Other Responses
Vice president of molecular diagnostics
a client of mine is seeking a vice president of molecular diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of molecular diagnostic services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a visionary individual to lead the clinical team and act decisively to implement solutions that optimize clinical reporting and deliver the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the vice president interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and responsibilities:
* act as clia site director for the clinical molecular testing program
* medical affairs liaison function to service our expanding commercial enterprise of sales, marketing, payer relations, and customer service
* provide hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
* work with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
* remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services
* establish relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
* maintain an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
* md/phd with board certification as a medical geneticist able to meet clia requirements for a site director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting.
* general familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including clia, iso, glp and hipaa.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* possess a decisive decision making and efficient management style.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions.+12 Other Responses
I need a consultant for a client's project--this will be a 30-day project.
Here is the background:
my client had confirmed, through nir analysis, that an unexpected bonding has occurred between their small, proprietary molecule (less than 300 daltons) and a when the two were placed in an aqueous environment followed by desiccation.
The client already knows that this bond is 'fragile', and that nondestructive analysis is the only way this new material can be analyzed.
Sodium bicarbonate molecule
1. State which nondestructive analysis technique/s they will require data from in order to draw a correct two-dimensional, molecular stick-model showing this bonding relationship;
2. Describe the nature and relationship of how/ why this type of bonding can be expected to occur under the conditions it did.
3. The overall stability of this bond or association
4. The conditions that will destabilize it.
The end result of the project will be a molecular drawing and a report, given to royal knight incorporated. +23 Other Responses