Scientist Molecular Biology/expression
-support antibody cloning, antibody engineering and therapeutic candidate identification
-design and express reagent proteins
-plan, execute and troubleshoot experiments
-examine data and prepare reports
-maintain laboratory including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies
-master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of directly related experience
-ph.D. Degree with 0-3 relevant postdoctoral experience preferred
-strong publication record and demonstrated expertise in protein expression and antibody engineering
-highly skilled in molecular biology/dna technology techniques
-extensive experience in v-gene cloning from hybridomas
-experience in restriction enzyme dependent and independent (seamless) cloning
-expertise in antibody engineering, bispecific antibody design and antibody humanization
-knowledge in protein expression in multiple systems and/or purification, a plus
-excellent team work and collaboration skills
-demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
-outstanding written and verbal communication skills
-independent, innovative and creative thinker
-detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
-must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.+29 Other Responses
Our company is seeking an experienced, motivated, self-sufficient scientist ii/iii for a position based in tyler, texas, usa. the ideal candidate will have significant expertise and a broad background in cellular biology, use of animal models, biochemistry and pathway analysis involving peptides and proteins in pulmonary fibrosis, in particular, and fibrotic disease, in general.
The position is funded to carry out research plans relevant to the advancement of product development. The position is physically located in wet lab space based at the biomedical research facility in tyler, texas. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a track record of independent productive research, show willingness to help guide junior lab members, have strong organizational, written, and verbal skills, and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team.
• develop, implement and execute both animal and cellular models to test efficacy and inform the molecular mechanisms affecting fibrosis in mammalian cells tissues, primarily of the lungs.
• rapidly onboard existing protocols and improve/augment as required
• relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals carrying out experimentation oneself
• independently design or otherwise execute studies to understand proteins and cell signaling pathways associated with tissue remodeling and fibrosis.
• evaluate and incorporate whenever possible cutting-edge technologies and models to drive creative molecular/cellular research.
• accountable for project execution, communication of results to pharmaceutical industry standards and follow-up
• collaborate broadly with members of the program teams based in austin, tx and with collaborating research groups based in tyler, tx.
• prepare and present findings at company and collaborator meetings
• ph.D. In biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology or in vitro pharmacology, or a relevant biological field with at least 5 years of industry and/or academic experience investigating mechanism of modulation of cellular pathways preferably working with proteins and peptides
• demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry and hands-on experience with current techniques in protein/peptide isolation, northern/western blotting, qpcr, biochemical assays, histological sample preparation, and mammalian primary cell culture, and their use in dissecting biochemical pathways
• must have experience with in vivo animal husbandry and experimentation in rats and mice including dosing, biological sample collection, terminal procedures, multiple time point sample collections, for example for pk studies
• experience in pulmonary fibrosis specifically and familiarity with fibrotic diseases in general is necessary
• excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
• ability to multi-task to meet aggressive technology development and research goals
we can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting experience as a key contributor in growing company. We are committed to high quality, timely, well-documented science to meet our aggressive corporate development plans. in addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive benefits package including medical, health & short-term disability insurances and a “flexible within reason” leave schedule up to 3 weeks per year.
+5 Other Responses
Vice president of molecular diagnostics
a client of mine is seeking a vice president of molecular diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of molecular diagnostic services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a visionary individual to lead the clinical team and act decisively to implement solutions that optimize clinical reporting and deliver the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the vice president interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and responsibilities:
* act as clia site director for the clinical molecular testing program
* medical affairs liaison function to service our expanding commercial enterprise of sales, marketing, payer relations, and customer service
* provide hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
* work with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
* remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services
* establish relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
* maintain an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
* md/phd with board certification as a medical geneticist able to meet clia requirements for a site director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting.
* general familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including clia, iso, glp and hipaa.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* possess a decisive decision making and efficient management style.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions.+12 Other Responses