I need to hire a molecular biology consultant for a future project.
I live in northern california and im looking to recruit a molecular biology consultant for a project pertaining to genetic engineering+32 Other Responses
Is it true that "molecular biology has proven that variations in skin color and other presumed racial characteristics develop through recombinations of dna in only a few generations"? I am writing a book and need to cite this statement, but don't remember from where i pulled the quote. Can you help+2 Other Responses
Genetic Engineering In Usa
Hi i was.Wondering if you had genetic engineering for gen editing for eye skin hair color in upstate n.Y. Or somewhere in n.Y. I need a place close by and some one that does human gen editing.What about the crispr cas 9 or the zinc finger genome editing procedure is that available.+7 Other Responses
Start-up master cell bank facility. Seeking an assessment of process plan. They intend to automate as much of the process as possible, but need an expert to assess any gaps in process. Small scale cho cell process, starting from scratch.+6 Other Responses
We seek a highly motivated candidate to join our r&d team. This incumbent will be responsible for managing the biological systems function for r&d. The role will participate in new product development with a focus on high speed, non-contact dispensing for biological applications.
work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams to support research and development by test and verification of new instruments, capabilities, consumables, workflows, and automation platforms
motivate and lead teams of scientists and engineers to accomplish technology and product development goals
be a technical leader and team player in a multidisciplinary environment
mentor and directly supervise biological systems staff
contribute with hands-on participation in the development of molecular biology and chemistry methods to support company growth
work closely with team members to ensure alignment and efficiency in designing and planning development efforts and plan execution
align development plans and project timelines to deliver product design requirements successfully
provide staff with technical guidance and training, as well as identifying resources needed to meet or exceed project goals
lead process troubleshooting efforts and optimization, and identify opportunities for product development process improvements in the biological systems team
demonstrated ability to solve problems independently, run experiments, analyze data, interpret results and modify procedures, present results in public and maintain experimental records
ph.D. In biochemical/ chemical/ biomedical or bio engineering, molecular biology/ biochemistry/ chemistry or related field with 4+ years of industrial experience or a master’s degree in equivalent majors with 7+ years of industrial experience required
hands-on experience in standard molecular biology techniques including dna sample preparation, genomic assay technologies, qpcr and pcr required
experience with technology and product development including leading projects from concept to commercial release
experience in quantitative assay development related to molecular biology and genomics
hands-on experience with next generation sequencing development
hands-on experience with roche (454), illumina miseq and hiseq, pacbio or ion torrent sequencing platforms
desirable skills and attributes:
experience with laboratory liquid handling and automation equipmentexperience in bioinformaticsexperience with synthetic biology
experience working with bsl-2+ level human pathogens and human clinical material, including bacterial and viral pathogensexperience with matlab/ python
please attach your cv here to apply.+34 Other Responses
Need molecular biology expert. For plasmid maxi prep, i started a 100 ml culture in n ampicillin lb broth from a 2 week old 2 ml lb-amp culture from 4 deg c. The 100 ml culture grew well overnight. I did not see a dna pellet after isopropanol step while i saw dna pellets from 3 other simultaneous maxi preps where 100 ml culture was inoculated from fresh 2ml cultures. All plasmids are high copy. I used qiagen endofree maxi prep kit. I need to know why i did not get dna pellet in first plasmid while the 100 ml culture grew well from old 2 ml culture.+26 Other Responses
Regenerative Medicine Risk Assessment
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
For a current intriguing study on global stakeholder reactions and risk assessment in regenerative medicine, we are seeking to speak with experts from various groups who could help us understand their perspective on regenerative medicine from an ethical, religious, legislative or social standpoint. We are interested in their opinion around associated challenges in r&d and commercialization of regenerative medicine and future trend and perception of such technology.
We are targeting to speak with experts from one or more of the following groups related to regenerative medicine:
1. Large media groups (e.G. Bbc)
2. Patient groups (e.G. London regenerative medicine network)
3. Payor associations / financial support groups / ngos (e.G. Cancer financial assistance coalition, chronic disease fund, patient access network foundation, etc.)
4. Religious groups & associations (e.G. Muslim jewish forum, religious education group, st. John neumann roman catholic church, etc.)
5. Government organizations (e.G. National health service in the uk, departments of health)
please note that we are only seeking to speak with experts from either the us or the eu5 markets (france, germany, uk, italy and spain), at this stage. We are only interested in personal opinions and are not interested in any confidential information. Our practice is to keep your identity anonymous, as well as that of our client.
We are scheduling 45-60 minute discussions with experts ideally this week (before june 14th), or early next, and are happy to provide a flexible usd 250 compensation for each interview. Please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the expert is not involved in paying this.
If you kindly let me know your contact details (email, phone/skype), i could provide more specifics on the study and standard process.
We would welcome any referrals to other relevant experts as well.
senior specialist, delivery & expert community+62 Other Responses
Vice president of molecular diagnostics
a client of mine is seeking a vice president of molecular diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of molecular diagnostic services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a visionary individual to lead the clinical team and act decisively to implement solutions that optimize clinical reporting and deliver the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the vice president interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and responsibilities:
* act as clia site director for the clinical molecular testing program
* medical affairs liaison function to service our expanding commercial enterprise of sales, marketing, payer relations, and customer service
* provide hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
* work with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
* remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services
* establish relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
* maintain an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
* md/phd with board certification as a medical geneticist able to meet clia requirements for a site director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting.
* general familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including clia, iso, glp and hipaa.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* possess a decisive decision making and efficient management style.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions.+19 Other Responses
Molecular Biology Lab Space
Interested in renting lab space in a well equipped molecular biology laboratory to conduct experiments that may lead to business development.+10 Other Responses
I am looking for an expert for ingredient dilution measuring. Please contact me for more information.+5 Other Responses
Clinical Molecular Technology
Clinical molecular technologist
my client is seeking a motivated clinical molecular technologist to perform complex molecular diagnostic testing. The candidate will work independently and with other technologists to complete high quality molecular testing and analysis using multiple technology platforms such as mlpa, sanger sequencing and next generation sequencing. Routine blood extractions and tissue culture may also be performed by this candidate. This candidate will write and review sops and other documents related to their work.
as a member of the clinical laboratory team, the candidate will:
* perform complex molecular genetics testing at a high level of quality within established timeframes
* complete results analysis within established timeframes.
* assist with general laboratory support including supply inventory, cleaning, calibrating and monitoring equipment.
* partner with technical supervisor to troubleshoot procedures.
* demonstrate effective communication with peers and colleagues.
* assists with general laboratory support including performing preventative maintenance on equipment, inventory and ordering, temperature monitoring and quality control procedures.
* participate in the training of other technologists at the direction of the lab manager.
* maintain a clean and organized work space.
* review and revise sops as needed or as requested by lab manager.
* maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges.
* follow established safety protocols at all times.
* take on independent projects and tasks beyond routine work, at the discretion of the lab manager.
* degree in medical technology or a bs in biology or other related life science
* ascp certification in molecular biology preferred
* must have a minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory experience with at least one of these years handling human specimens.
* strong foundations in molecular biology principles.
* excellent written and verbal communications skills
* work successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment.
* prior experience in regulated laboratory environment (e.G. Clia, fda-qsr, iso) is preferred.
* prior experience with ngs and human genetics is a plus.+7 Other Responses
We will be launching a disruptive technology that supports qpcr and rt isothermal dna amplification. Our company has been very successful with engineering and automation. We are looking for an expert to who can provide insight on a)market needs b)product specifications based on experience and c)recommendations on product launch strategies.+15 Other Responses