We are a prominent market research firm and an authorized zintro partner. One of our clients, would like to speak with someone knowledgeable about molecular diagnostics, an emerging field of disease diagnostics. We are looking into 2 topics:
1) industry overview in the asia (nice to know the comparison of asian market vs us, europe) (topic e.G.: players, customer, major target disease areas of this method, cross sell opportunities with other diagnostics),
2) information of the company called luminex especially about their sales&marketing structure, strength and customers in asia. Ex-luminax is prefferable but fine if an expert knows about the company's business from competitors or industry consultant perspectives.
Examples of companies within the field are:
• roche diagnostics
• gen-probe hologic
• becton, dickinson & company
• agilent+15 Other Responses
We are developing devices for defense applications that selectively block certain wavelengths of light and pass others . We have need of a subcontractor on a grant proposal to help us design molecular structures with particular electronic and ir spectral characteristics. You would select structural characteristics and compute uv and ir spectra of model compounds as dispersed particulate aerosols or in the gas phase and rank candidate structures for thermal stability/volatility. The short effort will generate three to four candidate compound structures for laboratory experiments to follow (by us). Ability to compute mie scattering of ir radiation by aerosols of these compounds would be a plus but is not essential. You would use your existing modeling software and databases, and there is no guarantee of a contract award for 2012. The contract is not classified, but all workers with access to information must be us citizens. We need brief cost estimate in the next couple of days, and, if acceptable, we would work out an nda and contract details thereafter.+9 Other Responses
Vice president of molecular diagnostics
a client of mine is seeking a vice president of molecular diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of molecular diagnostic services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a visionary individual to lead the clinical team and act decisively to implement solutions that optimize clinical reporting and deliver the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the vice president interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and responsibilities:
* act as clia site director for the clinical molecular testing program
* medical affairs liaison function to service our expanding commercial enterprise of sales, marketing, payer relations, and customer service
* provide hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
* work with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
* remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services
* establish relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
* maintain an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
* md/phd with board certification as a medical geneticist able to meet clia requirements for a site director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting.
* general familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including clia, iso, glp and hipaa.
* experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission.
* possess a decisive decision making and efficient management style.
* ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs.
* ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports.
* willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions.+12 Other Responses