Areas: molecular biology, oncology
tasks: smes will provide help for developing course materials and will also perform or support training for members of medical teams, molecular pathologists, phd level molecular biologists, biochemists, and medical device consultants.
Duration: apprx 6 months full time
location: us, but will need to travel across us and possibly germany & some other countries in europe as well
education / skill: ph.D. Or equivalent level in molecular biology / oncology with a fairly good academic / research track record. Should have good knowledge of us and european medical accreditation.+25 Other Responses
Molecular diagnostics laboratory supervisor
the molecular diagnostics laboratory is housed in one of the largest and most sophisticated university-based laboratories in the country. Our 6,400 square foot lab includes two large testing areas with state-of-the-art equipment, safety features, and office space. The molecular diagnostics laboratory uses progressive technologies and procedures to evaluate infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, inherited disorders, hematology, oncology and other gene abnormalities.
the successful candidate will oversee daily operations of the molecular diagnostics laboratory which performs a variety of high volume molecular assays. Responsibilities will include supervises daily operations and personnel, performing duties of a technical specialist, oversees clinical testing and results reporting in all areas where training and verification of competency are attained. Primary responsibilities include test schedule coordination, quality control, technical troubleshooting, training technical and non-technical staff and ensuring a high quality of services under the close supervision of the laboratory management.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for day-to-day operation of the molecular diagnostics laboratory, operating the lab according to clia and cap guidelines.
2. Oversees medical technologists; troubleshoots assay failures and make suggestions and/or corrections.
3. Interacts with clients and clinicians to answer questions on appropriate testing.
4. Monitors work flow, assay volumes, tat, set-ups, reagents, sops, etc.
5. Maintains all aspects of qc and qa relevant to the cap certification standards.
7. Performs other job related duties as assigned by laboratory management.
education and experience
• certification as a medical technologist (mt) or medical laboratory scientist (mls) by the american society for clinical pathology (ascp) or clinical laboratory scientist (cls) by the national credentialing agency (nca) or equivalent ascp categorical certification
• minimum of four (4) years of clinical work experience as a medical technologist in the field of molecular diagnostics with at least three (3) years in a leadership role (senior/lead level with increased responsibility)
• bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science (bscls) or biological science from an accredited program unless grandfathered under previous hiring requirements or ph.D. Or foreign trained md
• master's degree in clinical lab science (mscls) or biological science from an accredited program and ascp specialty certification preferred+8 Other Responses
We are a prominent research firm and an authorized zintro partner.
We are looking to consult with experts in canada who have experience introducing oncology products and/or medical devices to hospitals. Preference to experts with experience in ontario, quebec, or british columbia.+8 Other Responses
Oncology Health Insurance
I am researching the oncology clinical decision support system (cdss) market. i need to speak to health insurance professionals tasked with oncology care and best practices. i would prefer to speak with health insurance professionals concerned with disparity and cost of cancer care.
by health insurance professional, i mean someone currently working at anthem, blue cross blue shield, humana, selectplan, and similar. +8 Other Responses