Molecular diagnostics laboratory supervisor
the molecular diagnostics laboratory is housed in one of the largest and most sophisticated university-based laboratories in the country. Our 6,400 square foot lab includes two large testing areas with state-of-the-art equipment, safety features, and office space. The molecular diagnostics laboratory uses progressive technologies and procedures to evaluate infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, inherited disorders, hematology, oncology and other gene abnormalities.
the successful candidate will oversee daily operations of the molecular diagnostics laboratory which performs a variety of high volume molecular assays. Responsibilities will include supervises daily operations and personnel, performing duties of a technical specialist, oversees clinical testing and results reporting in all areas where training and verification of competency are attained. Primary responsibilities include test schedule coordination, quality control, technical troubleshooting, training technical and non-technical staff and ensuring a high quality of services under the close supervision of the laboratory management.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for day-to-day operation of the molecular diagnostics laboratory, operating the lab according to clia and cap guidelines.
2. Oversees medical technologists; troubleshoots assay failures and make suggestions and/or corrections.
3. Interacts with clients and clinicians to answer questions on appropriate testing.
4. Monitors work flow, assay volumes, tat, set-ups, reagents, sops, etc.
5. Maintains all aspects of qc and qa relevant to the cap certification standards.
7. Performs other job related duties as assigned by laboratory management.
education and experience
• certification as a medical technologist (mt) or medical laboratory scientist (mls) by the american society for clinical pathology (ascp) or clinical laboratory scientist (cls) by the national credentialing agency (nca) or equivalent ascp categorical certification
• minimum of four (4) years of clinical work experience as a medical technologist in the field of molecular diagnostics with at least three (3) years in a leadership role (senior/lead level with increased responsibility)
• bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science (bscls) or biological science from an accredited program unless grandfathered under previous hiring requirements or ph.D. Or foreign trained md
• master's degree in clinical lab science (mscls) or biological science from an accredited program and ascp specialty certification preferred+8 Other Responses
We are a healthcare holding company, specialized in setup healthcare companies.
We are about establishing local manufacturing facility for generic oncology products.
We have conducted a comprehensive market landscaping study and we are looking for consultant/s to do the following scope:
1. Searching, identifying, negotiating and finalizing contracts with leading technology partners
2. Searching, identifying, negotiating and finalizing contracts with leading epc partners
3. Providing a complete project management service from concept to validation to commercialization.
Once we identify the interesting consultant/s and we reviewed his credentials we will provide detailed scope.+12 Other Responses
Oncology r&d experts - us and international
we are looking for individuals in cancer research-based companies with responsibility in making decisions related to including and choosing genetic tissue testing in cancer drug development. This is sometimes referred to as companion diagnostics or personalized healthcare initiatives in conjunction with new cancer therapies. We would like to understand what is important to you when considering inclusion of this testing and are not interested in any confidential information related to the research you may be conducting at your company. The research is kept anonymous and your personal information will not be shared with our client, as we only report our results in the aggregate. We offer $200 for a 30 minute call. Again, this is not related to your company research, we just want your opinion on our research. Thanks,+22 Other Responses