Wireless Mesh Networks
We are looking to do multiple paid phone consultation with experts with extensive knowledge in the manufacturing and designing of point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and wireless mesh networks. We would like to understand the value proposition of these solutions relative to private and public cellular and wi-fi networks, especially in the application of vehicle automation, video surveillance, and passenger wi-fi. Finally, we would like to understand the impact of 5g’s release on the competitive positioning for these solutions.
This would be for a 1 - hour paid phone consultation. Please respond with a few brief statements as to your relevance in this space.
1. What is the extent of your experience with designing, implementing, and monitoring wireless networks for use in long distance or remote area applications?
2. Would you be able to give an overview on performance comparison of mesh networks (throughput and latency) and its key differentiators relative to lte? Please answer briefly.
3. Can you share your insights on the competitive advantages and the effectiveness of mesh networks relative to its competitors (cellular, wifi, wireline) and how the 5g release can impact these?
4. Kindly rate your familiarity with industry participants (1 not familiar, 5 very familiar)
a. Proxim wireless
e. Axxcss wireless / moseley+35 Other Responses
Understanding Trends In Data Center Power Systems
Scope: the main objective of this study is to understand the evolving trends concerning data centers and the ups systems used in them. Therefore, the study intends to understand:
- the trends in the type of ups systems and topologies being adopted by the leading data center operators such as alibaba, amazon, facebook, oracle, tencent , google and microsoft; and the factors that are driving the adoption of such configurations
- how data center ups vendors (such as abb group, schneider electric se, delta power solutions, vertiv group corp.) are aligning their product portfolio with respect to the needs of the data centers
• india and indonesia are priority focus geographies.
• second priority geographies: singapore, china, hong kong, japan, australia.
• data center operators (priority for respondents from alibaba, amazon, facebook, oracle, tencent , google and microsoft)
• ups vendors (priority for respondents from abb group, schneider electric se, delta power solutions, vertiv group corp.)
• data center engineering consultants, system integrators
• independent data center power systems experts
companies to exclude: fuji electric. Co. Ltd.
Number of experts: 10
timeframe: 8th september, 2020
expert job title(s): current and ex-employees with following titles
type 1: for data centers: (sample job titles)
- technical advisor & business consultant
- senior technical specialist - data center manager
- data center infrastructure manager
- head of data center design
- network and data center infrastructure leader
- data center hardware operations engineer
- data center technical lead
- principal architect
- data center energy and location strategy director
- data center infrastructure manager
type 2. For ups system vendors: (sample job titles)
- data center segment manager
- data center marketing manager
- business development director - critical power
- head of sales marketing - ups
- general manager - business development for ups
- national sales manager - data centres
- key account manager and ups leader
type 3. Other independent consultants and experts in data center power and ups configuration
survey type: telephonic
survey duration: 30-35 minutes
1. Would you be able to share insights on trends in ups system configurations (for ex. Centralized, decentralized, modular), topologies, etc. Utilized by leading data center operators in asia-pacific region – such as alibaba, amazon, facebook, oracle, tencent , google and microsoft
2. Would you be able share insight on how leading ups vendors – such as abb group, schneider electric se, delta power solutions, and vertiv group corp. – have been approaching the shift in data center ups requirements? How are they aligning their products portfolio?
Key pointers for the discussions:
1. What type and topologies of ups systems have been adopted by leading data center operators, especially with co-location facilities.?
2. Is the focus on modular ups systems? What are the general trends for ups configuration, rack capacity, etc.?
3. Which factors are driving the adoption of such configurations?
4. Are these operators involved in initiatives that will impact / drive the adoption of certain types of ups systems?
5. How are the leading ups vendors aligning their products with the evolving requirements for data centers?
6. What is the value proposition of their recent / upcoming ups offerings?
7. Are they targeting other application areas apart from data centers?
+25 Other Responses
Data Centers Market
We are a well established firm based in the us that is looking to research the data center space, specifically in the ashburn, virginia market. Ideally, we would be looking to speak with professionals that have experience in this market, within the areas of development, strategy, or acquisitions or other, that can offer to help us learn about this market.
Please be sure to include your experience in your response. Thank you.+6 Other Responses
Sustainable Data Center Construction
Region of focus: india, australia, singapore, spain, ireland, us, japan
1. Please elucidate on sustainable materials alternatives available for above countries detailing - % carbon reduction and % cost -/+ on the following:
• concrete (cement or additives)
• roof decking
2. What are the key sustainable regulations required while building data center in the above listed countries? (kindly include regulations on embodied carbon or sustainable materials regulations please mention the regulations independent of each country)
3. Please provide impact of sustainability regulations there of on the sustainable data center construction – including country embodied carbon or sustainable materials regulations for the above listed countries respectively.
4. What are consequences faced by the supplier/client, when the regulations are not followed?
5. Examples of gcs out there who have experience in working with these new-age green initiatives?
6. Please provide the impact of sustainable taxes on the above listed countries pertaining to while building a sustainable data center?
+13 Other Responses