Product Liability Claim
I am engaged in filing an insurance product liability claim as a claimant. I need a claim adjuster expert to review documents, do phone consultation and help negotiate a complex settlement.
Expert must answer questions below:
checklist - questions for insurance experts
1. What professional designations do you hold?
2. How much of your annual income do you derive from testifying?
3. What area of insurance is your specialty?
4. How long have you been an expert witness?
5. What is your split of time between testifying for plaintiffs and testifying for defendants?
6. How many times have you been hired as an expert witness?
7. On what cases have you testified?
8. In how many trials have you testified? What was the outcome of the cases?
9. Have you ever been disqualified as a witness?
10. Can you provide the names and phone numbers of three references?
11. What is your fee schedule?
12. Do you require an up-front retainer fee?
13. Can you provide me with a budget or estimate what my costs and expenses will be?
14. Have you written or published articles? On what topics? Any topics dealing with the issues involved in the case at hand?
15. Do you advertise your services?
If so, where? In what publications or periodicals? It helps to know whether your insurance expert is a heavy advertiser or not and where he advertises. Opposing counsel may bring it up to try to paint your expert as a huckster or one who is constantly trying to generate business, hoping that such an inference will alienate jurors.
16. Do you have a web site?
17. Can i see a copy of your curriculum vita (c.V.)?+6 Other Responses
Malpractice Liability Policy
I am looking for an expert for a new malpractice liability policy for a clinical social worker with 40 yrs. Of experience. I had 2 divorce cases in the past 7 yrs. That cost my carrier , "290,00" and they dropped me because i was too expensive to keep covering. I am never taking on any more divorce cases, as they are too risky. I have 2 more years to work and then i hope to retire ( maybe 3). Their job is to protect me, not drop me. I have until 8-1-12 to get insurance.+2 Other Responses