Optical Fiber Cable
We are looking for information on below questions:
• what are drop cables? What is the difference between drop and indoor cables?
• what is the difference between normal drop cables and hardened connectors?
• in case of hardened connectors, why is the cost per foot not similar, ? Is it because the connector is of fixed cost plus cost for the length of the cables?
• how does multi-mode with less fiber count compare to single mode with high fiber count in terms of application, pros and cons and cost?
• what's the use of armored cables apart from making cables detectable? Are there toned outdoor cables with single metal wire for detecting purposes like in the case of drop cables?
• what is the need of fibres to be detectable (armored/toned) if they're laid in building duct systems?
• why do drop optical fiber cables come in standard lengths?
• how are optical cables connected? Can connectors be put on the field or they have to put in the factory at predetermined points?
• what are the cost and time factors involved in connecting them in factory and on field. If can be put on field, what's the importance of fnap?
• can two drop cables with connectors be connected on field?
• can hardened drop cables be connected to normal drop cables on field?
• can higher fiber count cables be split into separate lower count fibers? Is that cost effective? Where can those splitted cables be used?
• how frequently do cables need to be replaced? Are their in regulatory standards on the frequency?
+14 Other Responses
I need a fiber optic consultant or optical engineer with expertise in coupling light into single mode fibers, imaging fibers, multimode fibers.+14 Other Responses
Fiber Optic Cable
We require experts for phone consultations on underground plastic conduit to house fiber-optic cables.
- knowledge of competitive dynamics of industry
- knowledge of ancillary plastic tubing applications
companies like blue diamond industries, duraline, southwire are examples of companies of interest in this space.
Geography: us experts preferred. (midwest-based may be preferred if project involvement develops.)
referrals are also welcomed, thank you.+7 Other Responses
3pt Provider - Fiber Optic Network Components
Our firm requires experts, who have executive or board experience with a fiber optic network equipment supplier (oem or third party) or with a telecom or cable company with significant fiber optic networks. A possible consultant who could help assess a potential debt investment in a 3pt (open-source, non-oem third party) provider of optical transceivers and open-standards based fiber optic network components in the united states.
We would like to have a better understanding of long-term industry trends, oem versus 3pt providers, competitive dynamics, potential technological disruptions, key performance factors, and customer procurement decisioning will be important.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consultation and may evolve to an advisory role depending on the quality of the initial phone consult.
To demonstrate your relevance in this space, please consider answering the following questions.
1. Briefly, can you share the level or extent of your experience in this space in relation to your previous/current role?
2. Would you be able to discuss each of the following topics in-depth? Kindly answer with yes/no or a few brief statements.
2a. General perspective on the industry
2b. Oem versus 3pt providers
2c. Open source networking and movement to third party components
2d. Potential technological disruptions
2e. Competitive dynamics and key performance factors
2f. Deciding factors for customer procurement
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated+7 Other Responses
Fiber Optic Cables Laying And Maintenance
we are a global market research firm and are seeking experts who can assist us identify key trends and practices in the laying and maintenance of “fiber optic cables” in the us.
List of requirements are given below:
leading vendors (scope - us)
• key suppliers involved in “fiber optic cable” laying and maintenance
o construction companies
• experience (if possible in fiber optic laying)
• industries served & types of construction projects
• innovations & trends in fiber operations and laying process /new methods of construction (prefabricated, modular etc.) /technology etc.
Pricing models (scope - us)
• engagement models/pricing models, contract structures & payment terms while engaging with construction companies during fiber optic cable laying
• cost structures & key drivers
• pricing for installation, deployment & maintenance – standard rates for fiber optic cables per meter
• hypothesis –
o is it possible to engage directly with sub-contractors?
O “prices of smaller sub-contractors are higher than larger players”
industry trends & practices (scope - us)
• what are telecommunication companies doing in terms of pricing model and engagement model?
• best practices from other industries that can be incorporated in the telecom industry?
• negotiation levers while engaging with construction companies for fiber laying process
we would like to engage via phone consult with experts knowledgeable about fiber optic cable laying/construction industry. Ideal candidates should have deep knowledge of industry trends and practices, key suppliers, pricing models, contract structures, best practices etc.
We are looking for a phone consult for a time period of 1-2 hours to discuss all points mentioned above. Kindly drop in a note with your cv/relevant experience in the “fiber optic cable laying/construction” industry, if you are interested to proceed.
thomas+9 Other Responses
I currently work for one of the market leaders in the implementation of telecom infrastructures in the caribbean. I need a project manager with fiber optics, installation, and management experience to work on a project in the caribbean. English knowledge, availability of mobilization to another country for 6 or plus months.+11 Other Responses
I am trying to find a solid core single mode optical fiber with a core refractive index well above or below 1.5 (e.G. Say greater than about 1.7 or less than about 1.3) for a special relativity experiment. Also it would be nice to have attenuation of <3 db/km.
Please don't contact me if you don't know of such a product.
dan wagner+1 Other Responses
Sealing Solutions In Micro-trenching For Optical Fiber Cable
Description/need: to understand the different sealing solutions used in laying of fiber optics cable using micro-trenching technology.
Number of experts: 4
geography: us and canada
possible companies: at&t, verizon, centurylink, rogers, bell canada, corporate technology solutions, ppc, teraspan networks in, gca applied technologies, mpm construct, dufferin concrete
expert job titles: project manager, engineering head, operations manager
we are looking for expert having significant experience in purchase and contracting of laying of fiber optic cables through micro trenching technology who can give us an understanding of the overall market for micro trenching.
1) which are the top application areas of micro-trenching within the optical fiber application space?
2) who are the top players engaged in procuring and laying optical fiber cables using micro trenching technology in us and canada?
3) what are the advantages of micro trenching over other methods of laying optical fiber cables?
4) in terms of optical route miles, what will be the market for optical fiber cable in us and canada? What share will be through micro trenching ?
5) what kind of sealing solutions are prevalent for micro trenching? What are some of the key challenges with the same?+26 Other Responses