Financial Advisory Services Sourcing
i am looking for following information with respect to "sourcing of financial advisory services" :
financial advisory services include corporate finance, transaction services, restructuring, risk management, forensics and litigation.
1. Sourcing strategy: how do fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies source the financial advisory services? Is is centralized or decentralized within the client organization? How is it dependent on sub-category, geography and spend?
2. Engagement strategy: how do fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies engage with the financial advisory services suppliers? Is is local/regional/global suppliers? Do companies use a preferred supplier list? How many suppliers are there in preferred supplier list? How is it dependent on sub-category, geography and spend?
3. Pricing models: what are the widely adopted pricing models used for these services?How is it dependent on sub-category, geography and spend?
4. Mid-tier suppliers: who are the top mid-tier suppliers for these services apart from big players like big four?+15 Other Responses
I would like to gain an insight into the litigation market with regard to the market share (in terms of revenue; legal fees) of the different types of litigation, especially patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation. My specific questions are:-
1) what is the market share of the different sub-practice areas under litigation - especially patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation (in terms of revenue or legal fees)?
2) what are the different supplier and buyer trends with regard to patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation? (especially with regard to the pharmaceutical industry)
3) what are the approaches of leading edge companies with regard to managing outside counsel for these 2 practice areas?
4) what are the pricing trends with regard to these 2 practice areas (patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation)? Are they experiencing an upward or downward trend?
5) what are the best practices being adopted by law firms for managing patent infringement litigation and anti-trust litigation practice areas?
Looking to hear from those who are experienced in buying legal services and can answer the questions from a strategic sourcing perspective.+8 Other Responses
Financial Analysis For Healthcare Projects
The government financial consultant will lead the project management of the accurate and timely data and financial analysis on large and complex state managed health and welfare projects. This position will be the financial/accounting and/or financial operations expert for projects and proposals, as well as the mentor for more junior financial/actuarial staff and oversee their basic financial and operational work. While actuarial or financial expertise is desired, previous history in medical economics will be considered.
Key responsibilities are:
• project manage the government division's projects related to government sponsored health and welfare programs. After a project is sold to the client, the government consultant works with the lead client manager to initiate the project. This includes meeting with the client and clearly defining the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project as well as develop and propose essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
• ensure project team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope. Coordinate tasks with specialists on the project team, keep the client leader informed on the project, ensure regular team meetings and maintain project documents. As the project team leader, may produce documents stating project results, including reports, charts, analyses, etc.
• provide updates to the client team, gather additional information, coordinate data requests and advise client team on interim analyses. In conjunction with the client manager, may present project results to client
• work on multiple projects with multiple clients simultaneously. While frequently in the role of overall project manager, may project manage tasks on large client deliverables in which a peer in the lead project manager role.
• in this position, will also work with peers who are specialist to coordinate the specialist's contribution to the project
• may focus on specialties that can include nursing, behavioral health, certified public accounting, pharmacy and coding. These specialist can project manage government projects unique to their specialty or project manage specialty sub projects in larger government projects
• may directly supervise junior staff members and frequently provide supervisory feedback, training and mentoring to junior staff that have a project reporting relationship with them. People management responsibilities include: assign, direct, and evaluate work; conduct performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions; ensure appropriate orientation and on-going education/training; provide critical input regarding hiring and firing employees; promotion, salary and bonus actions
• involved in the selling process with the senior client leader. Drive the request for proposal (rfp) process. Develop project approach and budgets. Work with internal marketing team and write up rfp response
• keep self current on health policy environment and considers the implication of policy, law, political, etc. Changes impact client and client's programs
• develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients.
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following qualifications and experience:
o ba/bs degree
o minimum seven years of relevant experience required
o strong analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of excel
o excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
o ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
o strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
o ability to work independently and on a team
o if a specialist, certified public accounting certification+4 Other Responses