Plastic Packaging Alternative
We are seeking a consultant to help identify near-term solutions (existing in the market) plastic alternative for single-serve butter and dairy packaging.
Primarily frozen butter, molded and non-molded:
molded product: "filled” in the 68-75 f range
non-molded product: "filled” in the 40-50 f range
all product quickly frozen using liquid nitrogen
all frozen product is stored at <10 f
desired pilot within 12 months
food safe, butterfat content in the 75-84% range
please respond with a few short statements as to your background and relevance to this space, and brief answers to the following:
1. Do you know of food-safe alternatives to plastic packaging for dairy, butter and other single serve applications?
2. Do you have experience in developing these with chemicals/packaging/food companies?
3. Are you aware of specific solutions available today? +23 Other Responses
Barrier Coated Paper Or Board In Cigarette Packaging
Currently, we are looking for an industry expert having profound experience in barrier coated paper or paperboard that can be used in cigarette packaging as an inner liner
project objective: to replace polypropylene (op) film, currently, used on the outside of the cigarette pack with barrier coated paper or paperboard due to sustainability concerns from the inside as innerlayer such that the later should have similar barrier properties like plastic film such as able to maintain freshness and moisture resistance so that it can be used as an alternative to plastic packaging for which, we want a detailed insights on barrier coated paper or board
we are looking for a detailed insights on the following:
1) which is more feasible to use as innerliner in cigarette packs that could replace plastic film used on the outer layer of packs while providing the barrier properties such as moisture and oxygen resistance similar to plastic film? Is it barrier coated paper or board and why?
1) information on market size of barrier coated paper/ paperboard with 10 years historical and forecast
2) major barrier coated paper/ paperboard players present in the market, especially in food packaging along with reasons related to it
3) development trends on barrier paper/board with technologies present in the market and any future developments with time scale
4) insights on products which used barrier paper/ board commercially to replace plastic packaging
5) insights on industry using barrier paper/ board w.R.T. Products and application
6) initiatives taken by cigarette companies on sustainable cigarette packaging and any respective patents related to it
7) current price trend on barrier coated paper
barrier properties to be considered :
oxygen permeability > 1300 cm3, 23°c, 75 % rel h: astm: f 1927-07
water vapour < 5g / m2 24h, 23°c, 90 % rel h: astm: f 1249-05
oba: paper: free, board: outside only
paper: 50 – 90 gsm/m2
board: 180 – 270 gsm/m2. Thickness < 350 µm
+16 Other Responses
My name is chris rall and i’m contacting you from l.E.K. Consulting. We are an international market research and consulting firm and are currently conducting a project on the market for flexible plastic packaging for dairy products, beverages and other products. We are particularly interested in bulk bag-in-box and pouch packaging as it is used in qsrs. One driver of the use of these products is diary based smoothie or milkshake drinks at qsrs and we’d like to potentially explore this avenue.
For 10-15 minutes of your time, we are offering an honorarium of $50 (negotiable) to thank you for speaking with us. If you are interested in participating in our study, please contact me to schedule a time for us to talk this week.
If you are not the appropriate contact at your organization for this information, any referral to the correct person would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and i look forward to speaking with you soon.+14 Other Responses