Barrier Coated Paper Or Board In Cigarette Packaging
Currently, we are looking for an industry expert having profound experience in barrier coated paper or paperboard that can be used in cigarette packaging as an inner liner
project objective: to replace polypropylene (op) film, currently, used on the outside of the cigarette pack with barrier coated paper or paperboard due to sustainability concerns from the inside as innerlayer such that the later should have similar barrier properties like plastic film such as able to maintain freshness and moisture resistance so that it can be used as an alternative to plastic packaging for which, we want a detailed insights on barrier coated paper or board
we are looking for a detailed insights on the following:
1) which is more feasible to use as innerliner in cigarette packs that could replace plastic film used on the outer layer of packs while providing the barrier properties such as moisture and oxygen resistance similar to plastic film? Is it barrier coated paper or board and why?
1) information on market size of barrier coated paper/ paperboard with 10 years historical and forecast
2) major barrier coated paper/ paperboard players present in the market, especially in food packaging along with reasons related to it
3) development trends on barrier paper/board with technologies present in the market and any future developments with time scale
4) insights on products which used barrier paper/ board commercially to replace plastic packaging
5) insights on industry using barrier paper/ board w.R.T. Products and application
6) initiatives taken by cigarette companies on sustainable cigarette packaging and any respective patents related to it
7) current price trend on barrier coated paper
barrier properties to be considered :
oxygen permeability > 1300 cm3, 23°c, 75 % rel h: astm: f 1927-07
water vapour < 5g / m2 24h, 23°c, 90 % rel h: astm: f 1249-05
oba: paper: free, board: outside only
paper: 50 – 90 gsm/m2
board: 180 – 270 gsm/m2. Thickness < 350 µm
+11 Other Responses
Food Packaging Industry
We are looking for experts in the food packaging industry for north america (priority) or europe or asia:
experts need to have a clear understanding of industry subsegments and be able to articulate trends both affecting the segment/subsegment and driving new opportunity. We would like them to have knowledge of innovative new players in the space and the problems those new players are solving, as well as problems that consumers face in those segments/subsegments in general. Experts should also have knowledge of key players in the segment/subsegment, and an understanding of current and emerging channels.+15 Other Responses
We are looking for multiple phone consultations about film manufacturers. We want to understand the customer's point of view in terms of packaging. Someone from global packaging development head or from research and development would be ideal, who can discuss the current trends and sustainability initiatives with some focus upon understanding the buying behavior of flexible packaging.
This would be for a 1-hour paid consultation call. Please respond with a few brief answers to the questions below.
1. Can you share a brief background and your experience on the film based packaging industry?
2. Would you be able to discuss the market, global trends and also the customer's point of view of this space? Please give a short insight.+67 Other Responses