We are currently looking to understand the pharma distribution strategy adopted by orphan drug (drugs to treat rare disease) manufacturers in australia. We know that australian market is dominated by three major cso distributors (api, sigma and x
b) and major generic drug manufacturers prefer to engage with these 3 wholesalers as they have the maximum distribution point of sales and are required to supply drugs listed in pbs.
1. So based on this, would like to know if orphan drug manufacturers also use these wholesalers or do they prefer direct distribution using dhl or world couriers, or any other strategy?
2. Would like to get some case specific to orphan drug distribution in australia.
Thank you and looking forward.
+10 Other Responses
Pharmaceutical Market Access
Director, market access opportunity onsite in california, usa.
the director market access will be a strategic business leader responsible for developing a comprehensive reimbursement, pricing, contracting, and distribution strategy for heplisav-b in the us to support launch in 2016. In addition, the director market access will provide guidance and insights to support commercial planning for pipeline products.
build out the infrastructure for the pricing, contracting, distribution and payer team.
Develop and execute market access strategies focused on reimbursement, pricing, contracting, and commercial distribution related to heplisav-b and future pipeline products across multiple disease states.
Apply deep understanding of national and local reimbursement trends and policies, payer coding and billing, and newly forming health care delivery models to develop managed market strategies.
Lead development and execution of contracting strategy for heplisav-b and future pipeline products.
Lead all aspects of payer coverage to support appropriate reimbursement of heplisav-b.
Develop dossier and other materials as needed to support payer acceptance.
Responsible for all distributor and gpo accounts, including contract negotiations, ongoing relationship management, and day to day operational activities.
Execute retail pharmacy channel distribution strategy in conjunction with product marketing.
Manage 3pl activities related to interactions with distribution network.
Work with commercial analytics to develop metrics/dashboards to assess performance of pricing and contracting strategy.
at least 10 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry;
at least 5 years’ experience in a market access/reimbursement/key account position with proven success
ba/bs with relevant experience;
understanding of billing and coding with experience in the implementation of pricing and contracting strategy;
comprehensive knowledge of us healthcare reimbursement system in both commercial and government payer;
demonstrated experience with specialty pharmacy and wholesalers.+6 Other Responses
Oncology Pharma Market
We are currently working on a oncology project proposal for indonesia n market. For the same we wish to speak to a pharma industry expert to get brief insights on:
general pharma market in indonesia.
Healthcare structure, types of hospitals, public (govt.) vs private, distribution of healthcare infrastructure within major cities
healthcare reimbursement and medical insurance, govt vs private players, level of reimbursement, hospital formulary inclusion for high cost drugs, pricing of drugs, etc
regulatory framework, procedure of approval of novel drugs in indonesia, major govt. Bodies formulating policies.
Distribution network for pharmaceuticals from manufacturer to the hospital or pharmacies, specially which require cold storage.
Experts with prior experience of working in pharmaceutical space within indonesian market would be desired. Experts who have knowledge of sales of oncology drugs with indonesia would be preferred.+5 Other Responses
Pharma Research Interviewees
We are seeking highest specialized experts with experience in the life sciences industry - must meet below specifications
location: usa - san fransisco bay area, los angeles, philadelphia, new york, boston.
Industry: pharmaceuticals, contract development and manufacturing organizations (cdmos)/clinical research organizations (cros), and life science market research.
Testing availability: late june - early july
study 1: qualitative study - focus group interviews with 3 groups (6-8 respondents per group)
group 1: 6-8 pharmaceutical executives from top 20 biotech companies who are influencers, contributors or decision makers on outsourcing services to contract development and manufacturing organizations (cdmos)/clinical research organizations (cros).
Group 2: 6-8 pharmaceutical executives from top 10 clinical research organizations (cros) companies who are influencers, contributors or decision makers on outsourcing services to contract development and manufacturing organizations (cdmos)/contract research organizations.
Group 3: 6-8 pharmaceutical executives from small / mid-sized pharmaceutical companies who are influencers, contributors or decision makers on outsourcing services to contract development and manufacturing organizations (cdmos)/contract research organizations.
**expert must have** a clear understanding of the following topics (doesn't have to be an expert at each level, but at least one, also a basic understanding of others):
a. Api services & chemical development – all stages of drug development for small molecules, potent and cytotoxic compounds, and peptides
b. Pharmaceutical development – development cycle of clinical candidate into an optimum formulation and clinical stages manufacturing
c. Analytical services – analytical services supporting drug substance (api) and drug product development including cmc regulatory filings
d. Clinical trial supply – clinical supplies, packaging, distribution and delivery of clinical protocols, supply chain management.
E. Clinical technologies - solutions for patient enrollment, screening randomization, drug assessment etc.
F. Commercial services – api supply, manufacturing, testing and packaging to end-user distribution.+15 Other Responses
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
I am looking for experts who can help me in understanding advances / trends in api manufacturing technologies. Please find below the list of questions for which i am looking for your support.
1. What are the various api manufacturing methods and what are the new technologies in each manufacturing method and what are the adoption rates?
2. Please provide the technology evolution of api manufacturing process
3. What are the upcoming technologies in manufacturing that can be applied to all types of apis
4. What are the technology trends or upcoming technologies with respect to the manufacturing following types of apis and what are their adoption rates? Please provide the examples of few companies that have adopted those new technologies:
• synthetic apis
• biotech apis that includes monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins
• hpapis – (highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients)
5. Please provide technology trends, their adoption rates with respect to and their applicability to all types of apis: for example, if there is a new technology in solvent recovery, will it be applicable for all types of apis such as small molecule apis, synthetic apis and all other types.
• small molecule manufacturing,
• microbial and mammalian protein expression,
• monoclonal antibody production,
• advanced process controls,
• solvent recovery,
• effluent treatment,
• continuous processing,
• particle engineering,
• downstream product recovery processing (filtration, sedimentation, centrifugation, extraction, precipitation, adsorption, membrane separation, chromatography, crystallization, and drying),
• process analytical methodology,+14 Other Responses
Drugs With Current/expired Patents
Looking for c-level responses from manufacturers of drugs with current and/or expired patents to take to china via established distribution network that handles sfda, regulatory/government relationships as well national, regional and local distribution channels.+12 Other Responses
Saudi Arabia Pharma Distribution
we are doing a study on the pharmaceutical distribution practices adopted by major pharmaceutical manufacturers in saudi arabia
we are looking for subject matter experts for the following information:
1) to identify the top regional/nationalpharmaceutical distributors in saudi arabia
2) to understand the best practices associated while engaging with pharmaceutical distributors in saudi arabia
a. How do phharmaceutical manufacturers approach to evaluate the potential commercial distributors ?
B. Engagement model adopted by top pharmaceutical manufacturers for availing distribution services on a regional/country level
c. Pricing model adopted while engaging with pharmaceutical distributors in saudi arabia
d. What are the various compensation and incentives( monetary/non-monetary) provided by pharmaceutical manufacturers to distributors
e. Any relevant case studies to highlight prevalent best practices in distribution adopted by pharmaceutical companies
please let me know if you are intrested in this engagement and your comfort level in addressing these questions+18 Other Responses
Pharmaceutical Distribution & Wholesale
I need a consultant that can help me to open a pharmceutical distribution center.+12 Other Responses
Pharmaceutical Distribution & Wholesale
We are a new wholesale/distributor of non-controlled pharmaceuticals. We are in need of a policy and procedures manual for kentucky state inspection.+8 Other Responses
Pharmacovigilance Business Development
Job title: business development manager
job location: open (us and uk)
job type: full-time
please note: this position is only open to u.S. And u.K residents seeking full-time employment. No consultants please.
will work collaboratively with other colleagues to increase sales within the life sciences industry. Responsibilities will include full cycle sales including; researching, identifying, cold/warm calling, getting client meetings, listening and understanding client needs, addressing client concerns/objections, proposing solutions, negotiating, obtaining sows and closing the deal. Are expected to quickly develop credibility with customers/prospects and build trust through professionalism and knowledge of our services and products.
**essential duties and responsibilities**:
- prospect accounts focusing on safety related to our products and services
- identify and develop new accounts and following up on existing leads
- develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key target accounts
- manage assigned accounts to generate both incremental and repeatable annual business
- initiate and manage rfi and rfp process and negotiate terms for all account programs and projects
- work collaboratively with the services organization to ensure a complete and professional delivery of our software and service solutions
- collaborate with our executives and smes to maximize account coverage
- maintain knowledgeable understanding of changing regulatory guidelines and mandates affecting the industry community
**job experience and qualifications**:
- must demonstrate a sustained (7+ years) and successful track record selling professional services to pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and/or clinical research organizations.
- selling drug safety consulting services and products is desired.
- candidates should exhibit an understanding of the regulatory pharmacovigilance process for both pre-marketed and post-marketed stages of a product.
- experience working with regulatory affairs departments, product safety related departments, or regulatory submissions is highly desired.
- experience with data-mining or statistical signal detection products is desirable.
- demonstrated track record of success working with senior level management in a fast paced growth environment is essential.
- full sales cycle experience is required (prospect, identify opportunities, propose solutions, negotiate, close).
- strong, quality-oriented proposal writing and proposal management experience.
- ambitious, driven and self-motivated personality is required.
- college degree or equivalent experience required.
- willing to travel throughout the us, estimated up to 80%.
- background in software as a service (saas) market is preferred.
- competitive base salary + commission.
- benefits: 100% medical/dental for employee and his/her family.
Interested applicants should reply with a brief summary of their relevant experience and attach their latest cv on zintro.
Please note: this position is only open to u.S. And u.K residents seeking full-time employment. No consultants please.+49 Other Responses
We are looking for experts at, or recently at, pharmaceutical manufacturers (major manufacturers preferred i.E., gsk, lilly, pfizer, etc.) for a <1 hour paid phone consultation.
The questions i am trying to answer are: what is the specific value of increased prescription drug adherence to pharmaceutical manufacturers? How has biopharma been involved, or would they like to be involved, in the promotion or sale of devices that improve patient adherence? How does biopharma view the value of patient adherence data, what is that quantified value, and what is the current availability of that data?
We would also be interested in experts from pharmacy benefit managers who can speak to the same issues of importance of adherence, involvement in increased adherence systems or devices, and importance/value of adherence data.
We are looking to conduct at least 5 paid phone consultation this week for experts who are able to answer our research questions above.
Please respond with your relevance to this request and a few availability windows for a call this week.+33 Other Responses
Hi zintro expert,the zintro blog needs you! we are looking for expert opinions on the news mentioned below and would like to include your point of view.
we realize your time is valuable, so here is a brief summary of what we are looking for:
*a brief answer to the prompt about 1-2 paragraphs including your full name*participation is voluntary no payment will be involved*if chosen, you will be named in the post and we'll include a link to your zintro profile which will generate more visitors for you
topic and prompt
teva pharmaceutical industries ltd. And active biotech ab said monday they were ending the higher-dose portions of two multiple-sclerosis studies with the drug laquinimod after eight patients suffered nonfatal cardiovascular events.The companies said the incidents occurred in the higher-dose components of a phase 3 and a phase 2 clinical trial. The lower-dose and placebo components of the tests will continue.Phase 3 clinical trials are typically the last phase before a drug gets approval from the u.S. Food and drug administration.Teva shares fell 1.3% in early trading in new york, and active biotech shares fell by about one-third in stockholm.Laquinimod is a once-daily oral drug being developed for treating multiple sclerosis and huntington disease.
What are your thoughts?
Getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity. if interested, please send a response to the prompt via znotes within 1-2 days.Don't forget to include your full name.If you have any questions, please let us know.Thank you!
the zintro blog team
wondering what the post would look like? Here is a sample: http://blog.Zintro.Com/2014/08/14/rosetta-completes-10-year-trip-deep-space/>+7 Other Responses