Injection Molding Plastic
We are researching the customized injection molding plastics space, specifically serving medical and consumer end markets.
Injection molding plastics can be complicated by shooting multiple materials successively, and adding other components in the machine to create a fully integrated part made of multiple materials.
These companies produce components such as inhalers, epipens, syringes, etc. For medical companies (e.G. Eli lily, j&j, pfizer), and customized, rigid components for makeup, detergent, and food products (for p&g, unilever, etc.) that are differentiated from the standard packaging for 75%+ of all products in the category.
We are looking to speak to people throughout the value chain – product designers, injection mold makers (create the mold to shoot plastic into), molders (using the mold to produce the part), and end customers (p&g, j&j, etc.). In particular, the best people to speak with are:
referrals are also welcome, thank you.+20 Other Responses
Injection Molded Plastics
We are seeking to interview experts engaged in:
1) the sales of injection molded, high precision, and high tolerance plastic components and gear trains.
2) the sourcing, purchasing, and/or design of products that use such components.
The goal of our work is to identify growth opportunities outside the automotive industry for our client, a precision injection molder and assembly operator.
We are interested in experts with exposure to the following industries:
1. Water filtration: e.G. Injection molded cartridge components
2. Hvac: e.G. Industrial blower wheels, ports, connectors
3. Security: e.G. Sensor ports and connectors
4. Lighting: e.G. Led fixtures, housing, heat sinks, lenses (not commodity lighting or electrical transmission)
5. Military: e.G. Guns and ammunition casing
6. Power storage: e.G. Generation, distribution, transmission components
7. Medical devices: e.G. Disposables, implantables, drug delivery systems
8. Small engines: e.G. Lawnmower, chainsaw, snowblower, pressure washers (not marine)
9. Recreational vehicles: e.G. Seadoo, snowmobile, atv (not rvs)
we are interested in learning about the market dynamics and supply chain for plastic injection molders in each industry. Ideal candidates will be able to speak to: specific figures for product volume, product pricing, and profit margin; market concentration of competitors and buyers; capabilities for success, and global competition.
We are targeting candidates who have experience working with north american plastic injection molders, especially those with mexico or us manufacturing footprints. A very ideal fit would be someone who has witnessed an operator that has traditionally served oem and tier 1 automotive customers shift into adjacent markets or expand its global footprint. We’d like to see profiles of at least two candidates who can speak to each industry (so a total of 18), either current or former positions. Bonus points for those candidates who can speak across more than one industry.
Sample position titles
• vp of purchasing / procurement (buy side)
• vp of global sourcing (buy side)
• vp of global manufacturing (buy side)
• vp of engineering (buy side)
• vp of sales at injection molding company (sell side)+31 Other Responses