Manufacturing, Chemical Process Engineering
1. Manufacturing facility is seeking a manufacturing process engineer to support
manufacturing operations; report to engineering director, north america, with a strong dotted line to plant manager
2. Main responsibilities will include supporting the polymer extrusion processes, converting processes, and other regional process engineering needs.
3. Support will include new equipment qualifications, continuous improvement activities, resin formulations development, and development and implementation of operator training programs.
4. Drive key performance metrics (i.E. Rate, yield, oee, etc.) improvement by leading step change and continuous process improvement projects.
5. Implementation of lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodologies will be expected.
6. Process support, including methodical troubleshooting, will be required while working in a matrix environment.
Knowledge and understanding of extrusion manufacturing, blown film experience must:
- engineering degree required, chemical lpolvmer background preferred.
- lean and/or six sigma certification, black belt certification a plus
- strong potential for future leadership roles, previous management experience a plus.
- ability to train and coach others
- strong organizational abilities including summarizing and presenting data
- change management skills and application
- self-starter able to independently set priorities and execute
- customer centric, quality "built-in" approach
- penchant for creativity coupled with continuous improvement
- meticulous attention to detail
- process control knowledge and application, a plus+17 Other Responses
Glass Process Engineering
I am looking for information on "global market for glass process engineering" focusing on flat glass industry.
Key information required:
glass (flat glass) process engineering service providers in american and european markets.
Information on engagement models between glass manufacturers and engineering service providers in american and european markets.+15 Other Responses
Process Engineer/lead Process
Job title: process engineer/ lead process engineer
steady state or dynamic process simulation using proii, hysys or aspen
preparation of pfd’s, p and id’s and datasheets
equipment sizing , rating and hydraulics
safety relief sizing and hazop analysis
major responsibilities/ functions:
evaluate chemical processes and unit operations to improve operating efficiency and rate, product quality, on-stream factor and economy.
process improvement, plant optimization, plant debottlenecking, and energy and material balances.
designing, installing and commissioning new product units, monitoring development (that is modifications and upgrades) and troubleshooting existing processes.
using computer modeling and simulations to design and evaluate processes and operating systems for the manufacture of products.
preparing reports, pfd’s and p& id’s.
ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs.
making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
review all process designs and modifications for safety implications/requirements.
chemical process engineering work involving simulation and design of chemical plants, equipment sizing and preparing engineering drawings.
development of steady state and dynamic simulation applications of refineries, petrochemical plants, gas plants as well as power plants.
preparing line design tables and updating equipment lists.
api methods and diers systems are a huge plus.
bachelor of science in chemical engineering+5 Other Responses
Biotechnology Process Engineering
Biotechnology process engineering consultant who either is working in korea or who has knowledge of the korean biotechnology sector+5 Other Responses
Pennsylvania Process Engineering
Our client has a full time process engineer position in hershey, pennsylvania
• lead process engineering efforts of small to medium capital projects:
• process design development of material and energy balances, pfd’s and p&id’s
• preparing equipment and construction bid specifications
• selection, acquisition, installation, commissioning, start-up, and troubleshooting of new and existing process equipment and systems
• process optimization during startup and early production
• training of line supervisors, operators and maintenance personnel
• lead/support of multifunctional teams: development and scale-up of processes requiring complex mathematical and engineering analyses of data collected from multiple
• is an expert in developing executable processes suitable for implementation in a manufacturing facility within the project timeline and budget
• able to direct a multifunctional team in the development and implementation of processing solutions requiring complex analyses of data collected from multiple sources
• able to define the physical and chemical transformations that must occur to produce food products along with their individual key processing parameters
• provides documentation to manufacturing leadership that is critical for the day-to-day operation and continued maintenance of a processing system
• trains manufacturing personnel including operators, supervisors, qa and maintenance on the key operating parameters of processing equipment
• provides an understanding of the impact of the key processing parameters in the conversion of raw ingredient and in-process material to finished product
• successfully manages small – mid-sized capital projects, including cost, schedule, and resources (internal and contractors), as well as leading multi-functional teams in project
education & experience:
• bs degree in chemical, food, biosystems, or agricultural engineering (mechanical engineers with process experience in the food industry will also be considered.
• 3-5 years in the field of process engineering
• minimum 2 years of experience in the confectionery, food, beverage, consumer goods and/or pharmaceutical industry
• experience in leading the product commercialization and process engineering portion of multiple projects
• experience with process scale-up, pfd’s, p&id’s, gmp’s, process estimating, and process design for the food industry
• intermediate project management skills (pmp credential preferred)+3 Other Responses
Senior process engineer
the position requires the individual to take the lead and project manage major capital compliance and strategic projects and to co-ordinate all activities between the professional design team, the client, vendors and contractors on behalf of our clients.
The process engineer assumes full responsibility for the execution of strategic projects right from project inception through to project handover to client.
This will require the individual to liaise with client engineering, operational, validations, qa/qc, ehs, and financial departments along with external consultants, design teams, and vendors to deliver the required objectives.
• project development: position will be responsible to define key requirements of clients, develop cost and timeline estimates, communicate to client, and submit all required information for client corporate approval.
• project planning & tracking: once approved position will be responsible for developing, tracking & communicating project plans, as well as maintaining project budgetary control. Assist in the preparation and review of component procurement specifications as well as review vendor quotations.
• process qualification: once installed position will be required to commission and support validation of equipment/facility/automation projects through to handover to operational team.
• safety/ risk assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of safety risk assessments.
Education & experience:
• honours bachelors degree in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
• project management qualification/training is desirable
• mechanical/automated systems process knowledge is desirable
• 5+ years general engineering experience in general project engineering, with a focus on
• mechanical/process systems and their application in a manufacturing environment within the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical sectors
specialized skills/technical knowledge:
• honours bachelors degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
• experience delivering & managing capital spend projects on time and within budget.
• experience within a cgmp environment preferably in pharma/medical device sectors.
• experience in dealing with multi functional organisations.
• demonstrated “hands on” engineering experience in plant operations, commissioning, or construction.
• an ability to travel for short periods.
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• project management qualification
• packaging experience
• 2d/3d cad skills (autocad or equivalent)
• membership of professional body.
• excellent salary package, depending on experience.
• 12 month contract or full time role – depending on suitability.+9 Other Responses
Manufacturing facility is seeking manufacturing process engineer to support
manufacturing operations. Position will report to engineering director, protective packaging - with strong dotted line to plant manager
main responsibilities: support polymer extrusion processes, converting processes, and other regional process engineering needs.
Support new equipment qualifications, continuous improvement activities, resin formulations development, and development / implementation training programs.
Drive key performance metrics (i.E.: rate, yield, etc.) improvement by leading step change and continuous process improvement projects.
Implement lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodologies
process support, including methodical troubleshooting in matrix environment
solid experience in, and understanding of extrusion manufacturing, previous blown film experience a must
engineering degree required, chemical lpolvmer background preferred.
Lean and/or six sigma certification, black belt certification a plus
high potential for future leadership roles, previous management experience a plus
ability to train and coach others
strong organizational abilities including summarizing and presenting data
change management skills and application
self-starter to independently set and execute priorities
customer centric, quality "built-in" approach
penchant for creativity as well as continuous improvement
meticulous attention to detail
reply with a znote. If not for you, please do feel welcome to suggest candidates you see in this role...+15 Other Responses
Chemical Engineering In Agrichemicals
I am looking for chemical engineers with experience in process engineering and design engineering in the agrichemicals industry.
Specifically, we are looking for engineers who have experience with:
- phosphorus trichloride
- methyl dichlorophosphine
- methane phosphonous acid diesters
these materials are difficult to handle, so we are particularly looking for engineers and chemists with experience in their storage, transfer and reactions.
Need background in crop protection chemicals with one or more large companies in this business.
Assignments will involve development of pfds, p&ids, process design packages and basic engineering design packages chemical production facilities.+21 Other Responses
Canada Hop Process Engineering
Looking for design/process engineering consultant experienced with hop processing. Preferably someone in the pacific northwest (us) or canada.+3 Other Responses
Bio Material Process Engineering
Looking for a process engineer with 10 years of experience who is comfortable evaluating demonstration for verification of scale up performance (yields, etc). Prefer someone with bio-based materials experience.+9 Other Responses
Need a consultant for a 6 month opportunity. Must have process engineering expertise in solid phase synthesis/stirred base reactors. The project is working with their current staff in the chemicals, manufacturing, and controls (cmc), and transferring the process from client to manufacturing. Making sure that all the proper requirements are met. The company will be scaling up their contract manufacturing, and so they must make sure that they have good process control. Should have 10+ years of experience. Primary work in mass. Will have to make at least one trip to their oregon location, and one other trip to their western europe locations.+5 Other Responses
Salalah Engineering Sme
we are looking at identifying a chemical/ process/ mechanical engineer for the above areas to be based in salalah for a period of 1-2 months. If you are interested, we can discuss further.
Required profile: chemical/ process/ mechanical engineer
years of experience: minimum 10 years’ experience in petrochemical plant
skills requirement: exposure to internal audit (minimum 3 audits conducted)
location: salalah, oman
duration: 1-2 months
to obtain consulting services to perform a production (reformer & distillation) audit, the scope of work will include review and testing of the following:
• evaluate the risk exposures, adequacy, effectiveness and consistency of controls relating to the unit / process governance, operations, and information systems including following:
o achievement of the unit/ process strategic objectives and establishment of appropriate criteria for their determination;
o availability, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information;
o economy, effectiveness and efficiency of operations and programs;
o safeguarding of assets, including tests of existence and ownership as appropriate;
o compliance with laws, regulations, standards, policies, procedures and contracts; and
o potential for the occurrence of fraud and how fraud risk is managed.
• production – including reformer & synthesis – production of synthesis gas (synthesized gas) from natural gas and steam – synergy compressor – feed purification steam reforming, - production of crude methanol. Distillation – purification of crude methanol to pure methanol – light ends and heavy ends distillation columns and check tank.
• unit and equipment performance, reliability checking, root cause analysis of problems, trips, shutdowns, manpower loading and sufficiency.
• review of department risk register.
• staff knowledge and adequacy of sop (standard operating procedures) and eop (emergency operating procedures).
Exclusion: utilities, tank farm, maintenance, process engineering, laboratory
please get in touch if you think your skills suits our requirement. We would like to hear from you.+11 Other Responses