Healtchare Economics & Reimbursement
My name is chris whittington, i represent market access global and am a specialist in healthcare economics and reimbursement in the medical devices arena. We currently have a vacancy for a turkish speaking healthcare economics director based in ankara.
The role of the director, healthcare economics and reimbursement is to provide leadership to support development and implementation of strategic plans at the territorial level that optimize the economic value of the portfolio. This position will provide leadership at territorial level in strategic planning, defining, developing and leading the implementing coverage coding and payment strategies that enhance the position of our products. Exceptional ability to plan for the use of data and evidence to support a value proposition is required.
Responsibilities will include development, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and communication of global health economic and reimbursement (he&r) strategies and projects to demonstrate covidien products’ values across their lifecycle. Collaboration with corporate reimbursement and health economic strategies and objectives, alignment with internal functions of clinical, medical affairs, strategic marketing and pricing, payer relations, global and regional counterparts, and new product development is essential.
Performance of this position is measured in part, by the degree to which “he&r issues” are resolved within emea emerging markets regional markets for covidien products.
Advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience in health policy, health economics, healthcare marketing, research or reimbursement.
• experience in interfacing with external scientific, governmental and regulatory bodies & preference for interactions with reimbursement agencies in emea;
• exposure in value based pricing, product development process, health economics (modeling), and reimbursement;
• prior experience in reimbursement planning or policy (or public health), coding and payment;
• solid understanding of the business of healthcare and the incentives and disincentives which influence product adoption and utilization among clinicians and purchasers;
• international he&r experience with a publication track record in peer reviewed literature and professional presentation history is preferred;
• successful track record of working with a disseminated sales team;
• experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred;
• experience within one or more emea emerging markets countries is preferred.
I would be most grateful if you could recommend any candidates to me for this role, as it is an urgent vacancy. Please contact me if you can assist me in any way with this.
executive search consultant
healthcare economics and reimbursement
market access global+4 Other Responses
Billing And Reimbursement In Connecticut
Job title: director, billing & reimbursement
location: new haven, ct
this job post has been authorized by zintro.
**candidate must be located in new haven, ct area and/or driving distance to this location**
- provides effective leadership and management of the reimbursement department in revenue management, medical insurance authorizations and managed care contracting.
**essential duties and responsibilities**:
- develops, implements and manages the policy and procedures to ensure complete, accurate, and compliant processes that result in optimal collections and customer service performance for the organization.
- directs the complete revenue cycle process for reimbursement services: ensures timely authorization of tests; initiates prompt calls and manages and monitors contract status and compliance.
- is the key interface with xifin, our billing and collection service to ensure pricing is accurate and billing policies are followed.
- coaches, trains and mentors team to meet departmental goals.
Establishes performance metrics and reporting on progress to management on a weekly basis.
- identifies issues and opportunities within the reimbursement process and implements strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
**knowledge, skills and abilities**:
- third-party reimbursement, managed care organizations guidelines, medicaid & medicare regulation experience required, medical terminology experience preferred.
- ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
Strong financial, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- ability to read, interprets, and analyzes business and accounting documents.
Effective communication skills, the ability to provide clear and concise oral/ written information to internal/external customers.
- ability to maintain confidentiality and hipaa compliance practices.
- bs degree in business or a related field and 8 years revenue cycle experience and 5 years in a leadership role overseeing medical authorizations, managed care and reimbursement employees.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.+4 Other Responses
Behavioral Health Insurance Trends
We're looking at making an investment in a behavioral health billing firm. I would like to have one or more experts answer some questions about the industry and treatment center implications of insurance companies pushing treatment from out-of-network to in-network. Further, i'd like to discuss how that affects a billing company's value proposition moving forward.+28 Other Responses