Sap Solution For Mro Spare Parts Management
Looking for industry experts having 15+ years ,with hands on experience in sap procurement solutions like sap ariba, e catalogs, asset management modules for effective industrial mro spare part management. Some of the major questions in this regard are:
- can an integrated digital transformation, that is, a cohesive supply chain solutions with sap deliver operational efficiency in mro category? Is it a best practice in mro category?
- how to leverage with a tool like sap for managing mro spare parts inventory to prevent parts stock out, plant downtime due to non availability of spare parts, order duplication across multiple site locations?
- are there cost savings benefits as a result of consolidating multiple modules like sap ariba, e catalogs, asset management into one sap platform with mro spare parts in perspective?
- does this integrated approach drive better scope for negotiation within the category?
- does this collaborative solution in sap have a bearing on the total cost of ownership over the asset lifecycle?
- with improved information transparency and reporting within sap ariba how does it enable better asset maintenance scheduling, mro spare inventory optimization? How are the requirements defined in sap based on historical parts consumption for improved efficiency?
- are there any pitfalls and risks involved as a result of this type of integrated program?
- what is the ease of implementation and execution of this type of approach in mro category?
Also experts with experience in pharma, food & beverage, cpg industries will be preferred.
Thank you.+14 Other Responses
Need a consultant for a 3-month engagement to provide alexandria, va-based client to analyze & document the technical architecture, configuration, and design of client's sap r/3 as well as recommending replacement solutions. The sap system is used by staff from central & regional offices & is maintained by the office of the chief information officer (ocio).
• collect & review current technical documents that describe the sap r/3 design including configuration, hardware, software, versions, application modules, database, components, and external interfaces.
• obtain an inventory of users, organizations, their roles, responsibilities, and access rights within the sap r/3 system. The contractor shall determine the system modules, reports, workflows, and database tables each user uses.
• develop high-level diagrams describing the network topology, system architecture, domain models, and directory structures.
• collect and review information about the sap r/3 it security policies including: account password, cycling, and rights policies, auditing, sensitivity, and data transmission.
Deliverable: technical architecture of the sap r/3 requirements
• document a baseline of organizational processes directly affected by the use of the sap r/3 system.
• document a baseline of existing activities and resources required to support organizational processes.
• create current state process flows including organizations and individual roles.
• define critical business requirements and objectives.
• develop future state process model for each system/process targeted.
• identify deficiencies or limitations within the sap r/3 including hardware, software, middleware, application, and work processes.
conduct market research &provide ocio leadership with replacement options of the sap r/3 that are cost effective, secured, scalable, maintainable, and upgradable. Recommended options should:
• consider current business volume, expected volume growth, user threshold, strategic business and it alignment, forecast on future business needs &demands, and other external factors.
• identify alternative replacement systems and information including: build-versus-buy analysis, vendor information, implementation and support costs, technical specifications, integration requirements, data migration strategy, and training requirements.
• ensure that proposed vendors and systems meet all of the business requirements, offer the functionality required, have a proven track record, & can provide ongoing support.
• schedule on-site product demonstrations to key client points of contacts impacted by the replacement systems and benchmark the top vendors and products.
• perform a gap analysis & identify discrepancies between the replacement systems.
• develop & present an alternatives analysis brief to ocio leadership and recommend a single solution including implementation cost, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and risks.+7 Other Responses