Pharmaceutical Sourcing And Procurement
we are a global market research firm and are seeking experts who can assist us with insights on "sourcing/procurement processes" specific to pharmaceuticals/cpg firms.
We would like to engage via phone consult with experts knowledgeable on the set of questions produced below. Ideal candidates should have a deep knowledge of sourcing best practices, market drivers and trends, organization models, processes and kpis specific to sourcing and procurement.
We are looking for a phone consult for a time period of 1-2 hours to discuss the points questions mentioned below:
1. How is the procurement function structured in companies - is it centralized, center led, decentralized? Why are they adopting this structure? Any challenges faced?
2. If sourcing is taken in its narrow sense (i.E. Source to contract), do companies have a dedicated sourcing team, or does sourcing fit within the responsibilities of, for example, category managers?
3. Do companies have a support function for sourcing, which focuses on the administration of sourcing events under the guidance of a category manager, strategic sourcer, or similar?
4. Is the sourcing team (whether dedicated or part of the category management structure) divided into global, regional and local teams, and how are the responsibilities for each determined?
5. How do organizations differentiate between strategic and tactical sourcing? Are parameters other than spend taken into account?
6. Do companies have a specific team responsible for tactical sourcing? What do they do and how is it determined what they address (e.G., spend thresholds, category criteria, local organizations)?
7. If companies have a dedicated sourcing excellence or sourcing support team, what is its size compared to the rest of the sourcing/procurement organization? (please answer in terms of either fte or ratios, e.G., 1 sourcing excellence resource to 1 category manager)
1. Do companies create category strategies? How do these influence sourcing activities?
2. How do companies conduct spend analysis and (how) is this used to create sourcing plans?
3. Who is responsible for managing 3rd party risk, and (how) does this influence sourcing activities? Does the sourcing team conduct supplier risk assessments as part of the strategic sourcing process?
4. Do companies use a contract management system that warns companies when categories need re-sourcing?
5. (how) is the p2p process set up to ensure that people requisitioning things are routed to the deals put in place by sourcing activities? What other tools (e.G., policy, catalogs) are used to deliver the same result?
6. How are appropriate buying channels defined and then executed, for example: free text pos, catalogue pos, pcards, vcards, nonpo/direct invoice, blanket pos and contract pos
1. What technology modules (e-sourcing, spend analysis, supplier business management, contract management, etc.) do companies use in sourcing?
2. Who are the preferred vendors (e.G., gep, ariba, coupa, bravo solutions, etc.)?
3. How are implementation related issues between procurement & sourcing technology modules and erp and other suites taken care of?
1. Please provide a full list of the kpi’s that procurement uses
focus vertical: pharmaceuticals (primary), cpg (secondary)
kindly drop in a note with your cv/relevant experience and we will get back in touch with the most interesting profiles!
budha+11 Other Responses
Sourcing management consulting
procurement bu collaboration:
1) how can procurement involve itself throughout the consulting life cycle in collaboration with bu?
A. What are the steps to be followed-roadmap
b. What are the segments where-in procurement can make a high impact?
- engagement management
- demand management etc.
C. How to convince the bu heads and stakeholders?
D. What is the amount of savings that can be brought out from this approach?
E. Case examples
internal stakeholder management and communication:
1) how can procurement ensure proper communication of its involvement in sourcing consulting throughout the organization?
A. How they can ensure compliance from the stakeholders?
B. Challenges and mitigation strategies
c. Case examples
1) what are the key techniques in managing demand of consulting services? (spend approval, internal knowledge assets etc)
a. How do they vary w.R.T service line and geography?
supplier sourcing strategy
1) how do pharmaceutical companies decide on going for a
ã¢ââ¢ global/regional suppliers in sourcing consulting
o (ratio of this mix and conditions to go to a particular supplier)
ã¢ââ¢ integrated firms or niche firms
o (ratio of this mix and conditions to go to a particular supplier)
2) do pharmaceuticals clients reach out to suppliers with combination of service lines or for a specific strategy consulting request?
3) how does this strategy vary from pharmaceuticals to other industries?
4) case examples
supplier selection approach
1) how do pharmaceutical companies decide on utilizing a tender/direct negotiations/e-auctions in selecting consulting suppliers? (average ratio)
2) how does this strategy vary from pharma to other industries?
3) case examples
1) how does the psl approach vary w.R.T to the type of service line?
A. Do they follow a psl separately for each of service lines or a common psl across service lines?
B. Do they follow regional psls or global psls?
2) how does the mix of the psl ratio vary by service line and industry?
3) how can companies ensure compliance of psl across the bus
4) what is the frequency of time to update a psl and what are the factors considered in adding or removing a supplier from the psl?
5) case examples
cost structure and type of pricing models
how do the components of cost structure and type of pricing model vary in sourcing strategy consulting services in pharmaceuticals?
Key discount strategies and negotiation levers:
what are the key value levers available in sourcing consulting services? How do they vary on the below conditions?
Key conditions to be considered are
a. The type of strategy consulting
b. Type of product
c. Spend of the client
d. Geographic preference
e. Pharmaceuticals industry+14 Other Responses
Industrial Gas Sourcing - Asia, Africa And Me
I am looking for expertise on industrial gas (oxygen , nitrogen, helium , co2 etc) market in asia, middle east and africa regions. China, india, south africa, australia and japan are the major countries of focus other than the region as whole.
key deliverable include industrial gas sourcing opportunities, best practices, distribution channels, market size and growth rate till 2017 in the focus countries and regions. Kindly let me if anyone already has the data as i need this information at the earliest. +12 Other Responses