Contract Packaging Market
We are a us based investment firm that is looking at a provider of outsourced contract packaging services primarily for food and pet food manufacturers, along with some non-food consumer product companies. Having achieved safe quality food institute (sqf) level 3 certification, highest standard for quality and safety, the company claims to be one of a few trusted providers that can process mixing and packaging needs for both wrapped and open (“naked”) food products. The company has capabilities in a variety of dry food product lines, such as candies, gums, chocolates, sugars, and pet treats.
Below is a list of questions that we would like any expert to be equipped to answer.
1) size: approximately how large is the u.S. Industry in which this company participates (i.E. Total industry revenues for outsourced food contract packaging)?
2) growth: is the industry expected to see meaningful growth in excess of gdp in the next few years? If so, what are the primary drivers of that growth? And what are some near-term and longer-term risks to that growth?
3) stability: has the industry shown stability over time?
4) viability of an acquisition strategy: we are exploring a strategy to acquire and combine a number of small-to-medium sized industry participants. Do you think this is a viable/attractive strategy? If so, why? What are the benefits to consolidation? If not, why not? How many industry participants in the u.S. Would you think have revenues in excess of $20 million (i.E. 20+ companies, 50+ companies, 100+ companies)?
5) exit: who do you think are the most likely acquirers of a larger platform if we execute our strategy?
6) key attributes of target companies: as we evaluate specific companies in the space, what are the most important attributes to look for?
7) potential landmines: what are the biggest risks we need to understand about any company? What are the most important questions we should be asking?
Please include a few lines on your experience and any insights into the above questions that you may be able to provide in short. Thank you in advance.+14 Other Responses
Director Of Quality Assurance
We are a cheese manufacturer in ohio looking for an sqf practitioner for our company.
Full time, benefits include 401k and we pay 80% of major medical health insurance.
Company car option negotiable based on candidate.
Prefer a chemistry degree or degree in food science.
Dairy background preferred but not mandatory.+11 Other Responses