Optical Fiber Cable
We are looking for information on below questions:
• what are drop cables? What is the difference between drop and indoor cables?
• what is the difference between normal drop cables and hardened connectors?
• in case of hardened connectors, why is the cost per foot not similar, ? Is it because the connector is of fixed cost plus cost for the length of the cables?
• how does multi-mode with less fiber count compare to single mode with high fiber count in terms of application, pros and cons and cost?
• what's the use of armored cables apart from making cables detectable? Are there toned outdoor cables with single metal wire for detecting purposes like in the case of drop cables?
• what is the need of fibres to be detectable (armored/toned) if they're laid in building duct systems?
• why do drop optical fiber cables come in standard lengths?
• how are optical cables connected? Can connectors be put on the field or they have to put in the factory at predetermined points?
• what are the cost and time factors involved in connecting them in factory and on field. If can be put on field, what's the importance of fnap?
• can two drop cables with connectors be connected on field?
• can hardened drop cables be connected to normal drop cables on field?
• can higher fiber count cables be split into separate lower count fibers? Is that cost effective? Where can those splitted cables be used?
• how frequently do cables need to be replaced? Are their in regulatory standards on the frequency?
+14 Other Responses
Microbiologist Optical Physicist
We are looking for experts in "microbiologist optical physicist" to provide commentary and insights towards a startup that focuses on the real time detection of pathogens (lm, e. Coli) and pesticides in food samples and production environments.
We are an angel investing platform dedicated to connecting deep-tech startups with angel investors. By deep-tech we mean startups founded on scientific breakthroughs and technological innovations that create lasting impact on mankind.
As a participating expert* in this process, your involvement is limited to answering anywhere between 8-12 investor-submitted questions. This takes about 1 hour (+/-) . Once you are vetted, we send those questions via a web form for your responses. If your contribution is published, it will be view-able by potential investors in this startup, giving you an opportunity to make connections, socialize virtually, and gain bragging rights in a vibrant entrepreneurial and angel investing community.
*at this point, we cannot guarantee any monetary reimbursement. You do get insights to new upcoming technologies in your field and a tremendous networking opportunity!+13 Other Responses
It Hardware Distribution Mark-up And Discount
I am looking for subject matter experts in the it distribution market space who can provide credible inputs on distributor mark-up (in %) and discount offerings (in%) for the product line offered by oems (around 25-28 in scope for categories like: networking, security, optical networking, server, storage, printers and rfid devices) for direct purchase in 8 countries.
Key countries: us, canada, brazil, uk, france, germany, india and australia.
In addition, we require additional inputs (such as market consistencies/view point, implementation model – e.G. Back-to-back and its validation across categories, country level variations etc.), which may help us in further context level support.
Please reply if you possess relevant expertise. Thank you!+2 Other Responses