Our multinational firm is looking to speak to experts in the national technical tv and telecom infrastructure space who are or have been in senior management positions (at or above business unit md level). We’d like a spread across types of function such as commercial, product management, operations (incl project management and delivery, maintenance, logistics and service management), technology (it - not helpdesk).
We would like to speak to people who can provide us with an understanding about how the target companies were operated and organized, details of systems and processes used and details of number of ftes /costs within specific functions.
We are looking for people who work or have worked for companies like:
-deutsche funkturn (germany)
-american tower (us)
-red bee / ericcson (uk)
-mobile broadband network limited ("mbnl")
-cornerstone telecommunications infrastructure limited ("ctil") - uk
-wireless infrastructure group - uk
-cellnex (spain, italy, france, netherlands)
-fps towers (france)
-crown castle (usa)
-indus towers (india)
-grupo torresur (brazil)
-wireless infrastructure group (uk)
-enel (italy, france)
-ge grid solutions / alstom grid (usa, asia)
-spml infra (india)
-wasion group (china)
-kore telematics (usa)
-landis + gyr (switzerland)
these are individuals from a terrestrial broadcast, s&m, smart meters or telecom space.
Referrals are also welcomed, thank you.+52 Other Responses
Telecom Equipment's Market And Supply-demand
We are working with a global oil & gas major firm for their telecommunication equipment solution requirement. The client is looking to develop and define their category strategy for telecommunication equipments and gather comprehensive data around the category. We are looking for experts with experience of procuring telecommunication, primarily for oil & gas industry. Primary focus is around the following equipments :
• hf ssb
• vhf-fm marine radio
• vhf-am aeronautical radio
• uhf/vhf walkie talkie
• navigational radio beacon
• solas radio system
• satellite system
• public address (pa) system
• radar surveillance system
• data communication equipment
• ancillary equipment - digital video recorder
• vessel tracking and monitoring system
• fiber optic communication system
the expert is expected to provide insights around the following questions:
1. What are the market trends observed for telecommunication equipment industry, globally and in malaysia?
O who are the top suppliers in the apac (specific to malaysia)/ global region? We are interested to know about both global and local suppliers
o is the market consolidating in terms of suppliers across different equipments? What is the case for local suppliers?
O how are the emerging technologies impacting the telecom equipment market? What are the major technology trends?
2. What is the overall cost structure for telecom equipments? What factors that primarily control the cost components for telecom equipments?
3. How do other oil & gas firms manage their telecommunication equipment requirements?
O do they go for once-off engagement or contractual engagement?
O are they engaging with a single supplier for their different requirements across this category, or is a multi-vendor approach preferred?
O what is the pricing model used by vendors in cases of consolidation? How is it different from selling it stand-alone?
O what are the primary slas and key negotiation levers in this category?+2 Other Responses
Csp Network Access Technology
Our firm requires multiple experts from tier 1 and tier 2 telecom providers who have experience in utilizing vendors that provide network access technologies such as calix and adtran.
We would like to have a better understanding on the composition of spending of telco service providers into these vendors and how cost/spend is broken down in different ways such as e.G. Fiber related vs. Copper related. new install vs. Maintenance and capacity expansion and spend on new software products.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consultation.
To demonstrate your relevance in this space, please consider answering the questions below.
1. Briefly, can you share the level or extent of your experience in this space in relation to your previous/current role, in terms of selecting access technology vendors for your network?
2. Can you provide an overview or share your insights on the budget priorities of telco service providers when choosing to expand their customer broadband technologies?
3. Have you utilized either calixto or adtran? Please specify vendors in this space that you have engaged with.
4. Would you be able to discuss pros and cons primarily on the composition of spending by telco service providers into these vendors broken down into the following? Please answer with a yes/no for each or a few brief statements
4a. Fiber related vs. Copper related
4b. New install vs. Maintenance and capacity expansion
4c. Spending on new software products
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated+11 Other Responses
Pole Attachment For Telecom Providers
We are performing market research on behalf of a firm who is interested in improving the pole attachment process for telecommunication providers.
telecommunication providers need to attach their own fibers and cables to existing utility poles in areas of coverage. However, it is a known issue nationwide that there are tensions in the attachment process between the telecom and utilities, who own the power poles. We are interested in understanding ways to improve the pole attachment process for telecoms.
we are specifically interested in understanding:
1.Pain points in the pole attachment process between a telecom and a utility
2.Pole renting vs ownership benefits
3.Concerns with responsibilities such as pole replacements, maintenance, safety, and installation from the point of view of the telecom
4.Potential improvement areas +7 Other Responses